Recording voice from line, Can we add 'vocpcm' driver to our kernel?

Guest Nordggs

Guest Nordggs

Some HTC devices has this feature.

They have the special driver "vocpcm" in kernel - arch/arm/mach-msm/qdsp5_comp/vocpcm.c

It let to record voice from the line during a phone call.

Can we add this driver to our kernel?

HTC users can use rVoix or AirVoice application to record voice from line.

Here topic http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=806451

Edited by Nordggs

Guest Nordggs

Here is what the software developer:

"A special driver is required for this program. It is called “Vocpcm” and can be found in HTC kernel sources “arch/arm/mach-msm/qdsp5_comp/vocpcm.c”. Kernel should be compiled with this driver.

Driver is buggy and that might be the reason, HTC deleted it from Desire firmware. But it works most of the time and can be very useful.

It is usually in

/dev/voc_rx_record or /dev/vocpcm0 — other side voice

/dev/voc_tx_record or /dev/vocpcm2 — your voice

you must either have root permissions for this program or give everyone permissions to use those drivers."

Edited by Nordggs

Guest Leno2002

The need of such improvements is large and appreciative users undoubtedly izyschut opportunity to thank the author of refinement

Please forgive me for using English auto translation googl

They have the special driver "vocpcm" in kernel - arch/arm/mach-msm/qdsp5_comp/vocpcm.c

this isn't in the official htc kernel sources (2.6.32) for the htc desire

Guest skunsofob2

+1

Me too would appreciate this. In fact, i would never have gotten the desire in the first place hadnt i been so stupid to presume that phone call recording was a non-issue. I sometime negotiate contracts over the phone and being able to record what has been agreed is essential. This really would make the desire what i expected it to be.

Anyone know if a kernel for the desire with this module is available elsewhere?

Guest Nordggs

Call recording software developer rVoix, said the new data to support the program of Desire:

Well, all these are dev versions which may or may not work, I'll post them when they're more or less ready for that. To this end, I hope you'll give me some feedback to fix the bugs if any, and to port the program to other devices.

As of now, the HTC Corporation seems to be very busy promoting their new devices rather than improving the elder ones. That very driver has been evolving from bad (G1) to worse (G3), eventually not supporting any later mass production appliances like Tattoo or Legend. I guess they decided they had invested enough to continue any R&D which didn't have sound and immediate returns. So when it came to Desire, they chose to put off the whole thing, apparently because they were too busy to port those Snapdragon devices. Whatever the trends, they'll surely fail with such an attitude, and everybody will consider buying a much more functional Samsung device rather than a troubled HTC that doesn't support the features natively provided by its hardware (CPU scaling, USB host, to mention the few).

The preface, it was. Now what I really want to know is the version of that naughty driver, and whether it works or not. Please do a simple check:

Code:

adb shell

gunzip -d /proc/config.gz | grep AMSS

The first line should read:

Code:

CONFIG_MSM_AMSS_VERSION=6355

If you have any other value, be prepared for trouble. It's in no way fatal, but I should have a hint to develop further.

So here's the latest build. This is the DEBUG version which is rather talkative to log. Intended for bug fixes and Tattoo/Legend support.

I hope receiving those logs if you experience any kind of problems (it's logcat tagged, so run it like "logcat '*:s com.voix:v'").

Also, several improvements in place (like "confirm delete" dialog for short calls, or name search in records browser).

Please send your comments, I do work with this program.

IMHO.

Please pay attention to our problem, if any firmware will support this driver, it will take first place in the ratings of users.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest skunsofob2

Никто еще не решил проблему? Очень нужная вещь!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...