Argh WIFI!

Guest ptruman

Guest ptruman
Scratch that, it's working now (typically)

For anyone who wonders what my "Argh" was about - basically there are two 'droid phones in the house - one 1.6 (X10 Mini Pro) and one 2.1 (Hero). I could not get the Hero on my WLAN (WPA2-EAP/TLS) using the same wpa_supplicant.conf as I had built on the X10....but after changing "eapol_version=1" to "eapol_version=2", it's working now.

Anyone wanting a hand getting client/CA certs working, I have it running :)

• 6 months later...
Guest ptruman
For anyone who wonders what my "Argh" was about - basically there are two 'droid phones in the house - one 1.6 (X10 Mini Pro) and one 2.1 (Hero). I could not get the Hero on my WLAN (WPA2-EAP/TLS) using the same wpa_supplicant.conf as I had built on the X10....but after changing "eapol_version=1" to "eapol_version=2", it's working now.

Anyone wanting a hand getting client/CA certs working, I have it running :P

Also (and it's covered elsewhere now as well) - manually fiddling the wpa_supplicant.conf may break the chown/chgrp perms.

If in doubt, copy what you have, DELETE the file, and restart wifi.

This will recreate a base wpa_supplicant.conf

From a shell, run ls -la and note the owner/group uids/names (Hero 2.1 shows ids, not users). Then copy your file back and chown/chgrp the file and permissions as per the base template.

On my version of Hero, the user/group id needs to be 1010 and u+g need to be set to rw