[FAQ]GT540 Reference Thread !

Guest ilovelg

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bennyaltuca

Thank you very much for this guide. I was able upgrade to 2.1 , root and install app2sd without much or any problems :huh:

Guest kev1962

3. How to Install Apps2SD to my 2.1 device

does anyone know what this does

have installed on my lg5400 with android 2.1 and halfed my 8Gb card so i could put apps onto it!!!! but app killer etc says i need android 2.2 to transfer apps to sd card!!!!

does any one know of an app that i can try to install to my sd card???

many thanks for any help views and assistance

Guest Dr.Alani
3. How to Install Apps2SD to my 2.1 device

does anyone know what this does

have installed on my lg5400 with android 2.1 and halfed my 8Gb card so i could put apps onto it!!!! but app killer etc says i need android 2.2 to transfer apps to sd card!!!!

does any one know of an app that i can try to install to my sd card???

many thanks for any help views and assistance

Logically this autorootapp2sd script redirects the /data/app and the dalvik-cache folders into the ext2 partition such that to the 2.1 system there does not appear to be app2sd, but the memory of the data/app folder is increased.

Guest marvin027

first i upgrade my phone thru lg mobile update(the one that i download in official site of lg)

it do well at first, but during the process it stuck, my laptop freeze. so i decided to restart it. but my phone is bricked!

when i trying to switch it on. it stuck on lg logo. so i try what you say when that happens. i disable the virtual modem and reflash it but heres again the problem i got this error message

10:57:37 : Launching SW update

10:57:37 : Unpacking KDZ

10:57:39 : KDZ file extraced

10:57:41 : Files were extracted.

10:57:41 : LGMobileDL Load.

10:57:41 : Port = -1

10:57:41 : Connecting to phone

10:57:51 : Check Phone mode = 1

10:58:09 : Phone type check.......

10:58:13 : LGMobileDL.DLL Loading....

10:58:13 : _SetAuthMark Fail

10:58:13 : AuthMark°¡ Á¤È®È÷ Phone¿¡ Write µÇÁö ¾Ê¾Ò½À´Ï´Ù!

10:58:13 : _SetAuthMark Fail

10:58:13 : LoadCDMAPhoneData() Error

10:58:13 : _DetachDLL Call

10:58:13 : _DetachDLL Call End

10:58:13 : Param : Path = C:\ProgramData\LGMOBILEAX\Phone\DZ_GT540AT-00-V10e-BAL-XXX-JUN-01-2010.dz

10:58:13 : Param : moduleDir =

10:58:13 : Param : waitTime = 0

10:58:13 : Param : UsbHighSpeed = 1

10:58:13 : Param : PhoneMode = 1

10:58:13 : Param : BinVersion = V10E_00

10:58:13 : Param : AuthMark = 0

10:58:13 : Call fn_StartUpgrade

10:58:21 : Smart : wParam = 3, lParam = 0

10:58:21 : Smart : wParam = 205, lParam = 0

10:58:21 : Smart : wParam = 100, lParam = 4008

10:58:21 : Step : Upgrade Error error code = 4008

10:58:21 : ResetStartInfo() Call

10:58:21 : _DetachDLL Call

10:58:21 : _DetachDLL Call End

10:58:21 : FreeLibrary Call

10:58:21 : FreeLibrary Call End

10:58:21 : ResetStartInfo() Call End

10:58:21 : ===FINISHED===

10:58:22 : OnModelDllMsg(OnMsgFromModelDll3GQCT_PDA) delete m_pLGCyonUpdate

what should i do?

Guest ViniSigma

After a Master reset my phone is working again and i tried the process again... Still don't know how to install/move my apps to SD

Ok, an app that use to occupy 15mb is installed only on 2mb of my card... but doesn't work.

Edited by ViniSigma

Guest rehanmnri
PLEASE PIN THIS, THANKS.

LEGEND:

• How to update from 1.6 to 2.1 ?
  • How to root my 2.1 device ?
    • How to unroot my 2.1 device ?

• How to insall Apps2SD ?
    • OMG my phone is bricked (dosnt turn on or is stuck on LG screen)! What to do ?!

Credits to mixlis for links.
      • Download KDZ Updater English
      • Download 2.1 ROM. All the ROMS are available in THIS THREAD (I Recommend using Baltic ROM)
      • Download LG Android Drivers NOTICE: IF YOU HAVE LG PC SUITE INSTALLED ON YOUR COMPUTER YOU CAN SKIP THIS PART.
      • Make sure USB DEBUGGING is turned on in the phone. Go to Settings > Applications > Development and turn on USB debugging mode.
      • Make sure MASS STORAGE mode is turned off. Go to Settings > SD card & phone storage and turn off Mass storage only.
      • Make sure your phone battery is full.
      • Make sure you have backed up your contacts. (optional)
      • Connect your phone with USB cable, make sure other side of the cable is pluged into back of the computer. (Some users reported that they were unable to flash theire roms into phone just becouse they used front usb ports).
      • Start KDZ_FW_UPD.exe
        • Make sure Type is set to: 3GQCT
        • Make sure PhoneMode is set to: DIAG

• Load your KDZ(ROM) file.
        • Click Launch Software Update.
        • Now Wait and be patient, it usually takes from 5-10 minutes to upgrade.
        • Enjoy your fresh 2.1 OS.

Credits to joestone for the links.
          • Download 1click root for GT540
          • Excract zip file
          • Make sure USB DEBUGGING is turned on in the phone. Go to Settings > Applications > Development and turn on USB debugging mode.
          • Make sure MASS STORAGE mode is turned off. Go to Settings > SD card & phone storage and turn off Mass storage only.
          • Launch root.bat from extracted folder.
          • Now wait and be patient, it should take ~1minute to root your device.
          • The phone should restard after it, when it boots up you will have sucesfully rooted your device.
            • If you dont wish to have root rights on your phone you can unroot it by launching unroot.bat from extracted folder.

3. How to Install Apps2SD to my 2.1 device ?

Credits to joestone for the links and the guide.

[*]Download autorootapp2sd.zip

[*]Download App2sd_guide_GT540.pdf

[*]Read App2sd_guide_GT540.pdf for further instructions. Guide have pictures in it.

4. OMG my phone is bricked (dosnt turn on or is stuck on LG screen)! What to do ?!

So you failed to read the guide and bricked your phone while trieng to flash GT540, heres what you should try to do.

How to repair device if you see only LG logo and nothing else happens when u boot your device up.

[*]Make sure you use USB ports that are in back of youre PC, dont use front ones.

[*]Disable LGE Virtual Modem. In your Windows operating system, go to Control Panel > System > Hardware > Device Manager > Modems > Right click on LGE Virtual Modem and click Disable.

[*]Try to reflash your phone again, using normal way. You can check How in topic marked as 1.

How to repair your device if it feels like dead. When you click power button nothing happens (Note that this may not work, its only a theory)

[*]Make sure you use USB ports that are in back of youre PC, dont use front ones.

[*]Disable LGE Virtual Modem. In your Windows operating system, go to Control Panel > System > Hardware > Device Manager > Modems > Right click on LGE Virtual Modem and click Disable.

[*]Try to boot your phone into Emergency/Download mode (VOL DOWN + POWER).

[*]If the phone booted into Emergency/Download mode, launch KDZ Updater.

[*]In TYPE dropdown menu, choose EMERGENCY.

[*]Load KDZ(ROM) and flash your phone.

[*]If the phone failed to boot into Emergency/Download mode (VOL DOWN + POWER), launch KDZ Updater.

[*]In TYPE dropdown menu, choose CS_EMERGENCY.

[*]If the phone still dont work, take your phone to local LG Waranty service or your Operator which sold you the phone. Tell them that after you turned the phone off, it dosnt seem to turn back on again. And also make some angry face, something like this: >:[ so the girls that work there would be scared and respect you.

TO BE CONTINUED.

but i cant get to debugging mode coz wen i click setting same error com as i mentioned at my first post now wat to do plzzzz help me out

thnx

Guest ilovelg
but i cant get to debugging mode coz wen i click setting same error com as i mentioned at my first post now wat to do plzzzz help me out

thnx

Do a factory hard reset. I dont remember they key combination tho ;s

Guest skairdykat

Hi I'm trying to root my lg gt540. i'm running on 2.1.

i've tried the link in this thread to do it but when i download the file the only option i get is dimiss, no open.

i've also tried z4root, this seems to start rooting but then just exits z4root and goes back to my menu page.

any ideas where i'm going wrong? i have usg debugging ticked and also unknown apps ticked.

thanks

Guest ilovelg
Hi I'm trying to root my lg gt540. i'm running on 2.1.

i've tried the link in this thread to do it but when i download the file the only option i get is dimiss, no open.

i've also tried z4root, this seems to start rooting but then just exits z4root and goes back to my menu page.

any ideas where i'm going wrong? i have usg debugging ticked and also unknown apps ticked.

thanks

Strange z4root should do the trick, you sure your phone didnt rooted itslef? check if Superuser Application is installed.

Guest Master09

[R&D Test Tools Log File]

02:49:28 : Launching SW update

02:49:28 : Unpacking KDZ

02:49:39 : KDZ file extraced

02:49:48 : Extract file error

02:49:50 : ===FINISHED===

I get this on all 3 computers that I have.

Using V20 Baltic ROM.

Any ideas?

Guest ilovelg
[R&D Test Tools Log File]

02:49:28 : Launching SW update

02:49:28 : Unpacking KDZ

02:49:39 : KDZ file extraced

02:49:48 : Extract file error

02:49:50 : ===FINISHED===

I get this on all 3 computers that I have.

Using V20 Baltic ROM.

Any ideas?

Check your disk space...........

Guest B11ndy

hi all been a while but been back doing my phone got 2.1 installed think got it rooted but not sure about app2sd is there anyway to test that it has worked

Guest ErnuB

I'm running 1.6 on my gt540 and i can't upgrade to 2.1, i'm trying to use Baltic ROM, already have installed the drivers and used the msxml.msi update, this is what i get in the log

16:30:59 : Launching SW update

16:30:59 : Unpacking KDZ

16:31:04 : KDZ file extraced

16:31:10 : Files were extracted.

16:31:10 : LGMobileDL Load.

16:31:10 : Port = 13

16:31:10 : Connecting to phone

16:31:26 : Check Phone mode = 1

16:32:05 : Phone type check.......

16:32:05 : LGMobileDL.DLL Loading....

16:32:05 : _SetAuthMark Fail

16:32:05 : AuthMark°¡ Á¤È®È÷ Phone¿¡ Write µÇÁö ¾Ê¾Ò½À´Ï´Ù!

16:32:05 : LoadCDMAPhoneData() Error

16:32:05 : _DetachDLL Call

16:32:05 : _DetachDLL Call End

16:32:05 : Param : Path = C:\ProgramData\LGMOBILEAX\Phone\DZ_GT540AT-00-V20b-BAL-XXX-SEP-13-2010.dz

16:32:05 : Param : moduleDir =

16:32:05 : Param : waitTime = 0

16:32:05 : Param : UsbHighSpeed = 1

16:32:05 : Param : PhoneMode = 1

16:32:05 : Param : BinVersion = V20B_00

16:32:05 : Param : AuthMark = 0

16:32:05 : Call fn_StartUpgrade

16:33:08 : CDMA: wParam = 100, lParam = 502

16:33:08 : Step : Upgrade Error2 - Error Code : 502

16:33:08 : ResetStartInfo() Call

16:33:08 : _DetachDLL Call

16:33:08 : _DetachDLL Call End

16:33:08 : FreeLibrary Call

16:33:08 : FreeLibrary Call End

16:33:08 : ResetStartInfo() Call End

16:33:09 : ===FINISHED===

16:33:16 : OnModelDllMsg(OnMsgFromModelDll-CDMA) delete m_pLGCyonUpdate

Any sugestions?

Guest liamwilli2
I'm running 1.6 on my gt540 and i can't upgrade to 2.1, i'm trying to use Baltic ROM, already have installed the drivers and used the msxml.msi update, this is what i get in the log

16:30:59 : Launching SW update

16:30:59 : Unpacking KDZ

16:31:04 : KDZ file extraced

16:31:10 : Files were extracted.

16:31:10 : LGMobileDL Load.

16:31:10 : Port = 13

16:31:10 : Connecting to phone

16:31:26 : Check Phone mode = 1

16:32:05 : Phone type check.......

16:32:05 : LGMobileDL.DLL Loading....

16:32:05 : AuthMark°¡ Á¤È®È÷ Phone¿¡ Write µÇÁö ¾Ê¾Ò½À´Ï´Ù!

16:32:05 : LoadCDMAPhoneData() Error

16:32:05 : _DetachDLL Call

16:32:05 : _DetachDLL Call End

16:32:05 : Param : Path = C:\ProgramData\LGMOBILEAX\Phone\DZ_GT540AT-00-V20b-BAL-XXX-SEP-13-2010.dz

16:32:05 : Param : moduleDir =

16:32:05 : Param : waitTime = 0

16:32:05 : Param : UsbHighSpeed = 1

16:32:05 : Param : PhoneMode = 1

16:32:05 : Param : BinVersion = V20B_00

16:32:05 : Param : AuthMark = 0

16:32:05 : Call fn_StartUpgrade

16:33:08 : CDMA: wParam = 100, lParam = 502

16:33:08 : Step : Upgrade Error2 - Error Code : 502

16:33:08 : ResetStartInfo() Call

16:33:08 : _DetachDLL Call

16:33:08 : _DetachDLL Call End

16:33:08 : FreeLibrary Call

16:33:08 : FreeLibrary Call End

16:33:08 : ResetStartInfo() Call End

16:33:09 : ===FINISHED===

16:33:16 : OnModelDllMsg(OnMsgFromModelDll-CDMA) delete m_pLGCyonUpdate

Any sugestions?

Try using the polish or russian version (whichever it is...) i got an error when using the english one, but using the other, origional one worked...

Get it here: http://www.mediafire.com/?627y6ydbtja588s

(you have to open 'Windows Enabler', click the icon in the system tray so it says on, click the buttons in kdz updator program to enable them....)

Guest Hassan The One

Thanks a lot man, I've been trying to do this for a very long time man. Finally able to do it!

PLEASE PIN THIS, THANKS.

LEGEND:

• How to update from 1.6 to 2.1 ?
  • How to root my 2.1 device ?
    • How to unroot my 2.1 device ?

• How to insall Apps2SD ?
    • OMG my phone is bricked (dosnt turn on or is stuck on LG screen)! What to do ?!

Credits to mixlis for links.
      • Download KDZ Updater English
      • Download 2.1 ROM. All the ROMS are available in THIS THREAD (I Recommend using Baltic ROM)
      • Download LG Android Drivers NOTICE: IF YOU HAVE LG PC SUITE INSTALLED ON YOUR COMPUTER YOU CAN SKIP THIS PART.
      • Make sure your phone battery is full.
      • Make sure you have backed up your contacts. (optional)
      • Connect your phone with USB cable, make sure other side of the cable is pluged into back of the computer. (Some users reported that they were unable to flash theire roms into phone just becouse they used front usb ports).
      • Start KDZ_FW_UPD.exe
        • Make sure Type is set to: 3GQCT
        • Make sure PhoneMode is set to: DIAG

• Load your KDZ(ROM) file.
        • Click Launch Software Update.
        • Now Wait and be patient, it usually takes from 5-10 minutes to upgrade.
        • Enjoy your fresh 2.1 OS.

Credits to joestone for the links.
          • Download 1click root for GT540
          • Excract zip file
          • Launch root.bat from extracted folder.
          • Now wait and be patient, it should take ~1minute to root your device.
          • The phone should restard after it, when it boots up you will have sucesfully rooted your device.
            • If you dont wish to have root rights on your phone you can unroot it by launching unroot.bat from extracted folder.

3. How to Install Apps2SD to my 2.1 device ?

Credits to joestone for the links and the guide.

[*]Download autorootapp2sd.zip

[*]Download App2sd_guide_GT540.pdf

[*]Read App2sd_guide_GT540.pdf for further instructions. Guide have pictures in it.

4. OMG my phone is bricked (dosnt turn on or is stuck on LG screen)! What to do ?!

So you failed to read the guide and bricked your phone while trieng to flash GT540, heres what you should try to do.

How to repair device if you see only LG logo and nothing else happens when u boot your device up.

[*]Try to reflash your phone again, using normal way. You can check How in topic marked as 1.

How to repair your device if it feels like dead. When you click power button nothing happens (Note that this may not work, its only a theory)

[*]Try to boot your phone into Emergency/Download mode (VOL DOWN + POWER).

[*]If the phone booted into Emergency/Download mode, launch KDZ Updater.

[*]In TYPE dropdown menu, choose EMERGENCY.

[*]If the phone failed to boot into Emergency/Download mode (VOL DOWN + POWER), launch KDZ Updater.

[*]In TYPE dropdown menu, choose CS_EMERGENCY.

[*]If the phone still dont work, take your phone to local LG Waranty service or your Operator which sold you the phone. Tell them that after you turned the phone off, it dosnt seem to turn back on again. And also make some angry face, something like this: >:[ so the girls that work there would be scared and respect you.

TO BE CONTINUED.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest m2stech

So I successfully did all the steps and installed apps2sd full version (number 4), restarted the phone, now how to I transfer programs that are in internal memory to SD card ?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest lam_giang

Dear my friend

i have follow your instruction

it's fine for everything but i still don't know why my phone keep saying low space...

i have 8G and i partion into 4G each

with unlocatated "primary"" file system Ext2..

then i run autorootApp2sd

i have menu in the command prompt

r root

u unroot

please make your selection enter

i press r (root) and the i select No 4 full app2sd i need to start my phone

but i still don't get it what did i do wrong the space is always saying low

please help me

my email is [email protected]

Guest ilovelg

Dont ask me about Apps2SD, i have not created a guide for it, nor i ever used it... Its working too bad for me too use it and i dont trust it :s Just install Gingerbread on your device and enjoy native apps2sd support

Guest m2stech
Dont ask me about Apps2SD, i have not created a guide for it, nor i ever used it... Its working too bad for me too use it and i dont trust it :s Just install Gingerbread on your device and enjoy native apps2sd support

but the downside is that many features won't work anymore in gingerbread, do you know when they can fix those?

also does gingerbread have any bad impact on the performance if we don't overclock the cpu ?

Guest ilovelg
but the downside is that many features won't work anymore in gingerbread, do you know when they can fix those?

also does gingerbread have any bad impact on the performance if we don't overclock the cpu ?

Many features ? well aslong as i can tell, all the features works... Tho you wont be able to sync with LG pc suite anymore

Thanks, worked great.

The official tools didnt work for me, stopped at 64%, gave me some bogus instructions on how to start again and pretty much bricked the phone.

This worked first go, although you forgot to mention to install the MSXML parser included with the KDZ_FW_UPD tools :mellow:

Cheers!

I agree, I had tried a number of methods which hadn't worked with a bricked GT540 (unable to get into emergency mode, but able to get into download mode holding volume down and pressing power), but after installing the MSXML Parser, getting the general EU firmware and following these steps, it fixed the phone and is now working perfectly.

Thanks a million for this post, it was the only one on the internet that worked for me when an official LG Software update failed and bricked the phone

Cheers!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest netsoul71

Hi there,

I'm trying to acess the "1 click" files but keep getting "ISS acess denied / virus " is it only me ?

** EDIT ** solved, turned off antivirus

Regards,

NetSoul

Edited by netsoul71