DHD doesnot silent when facedown

Guest cezent

I ve discovered a problem with my DHD:

the key feature they advertised that when DHD is facedown, it automatically put on silence mode. - Its not working on mine.

My phone definitely rings when I put the phone face down.

anyone else have the problem?

Does it ring when the phone already is face down or does it keep ringing when you put it face down?

The latter was what I got out of the introduction video. Would test it if I had a device already. :)

Does it ring when the phone already is face down or does it keep ringing when you put it face down?

The latter was what I got out of the introduction video. Would test it if I had a device already. :)

it rings when the phone is already facedown.

i dont really see why there should be any difference. the point is to silence the phone during meeting, so if there is a difference, that means the same phone when putting facedown will ring again when there is a 2nd call.

it rings when the phone is already facedown.

i dont really see why there should be any difference. the point is to silence the phone during meeting, so if there is a difference, that means the same phone when putting facedown will ring again when there is a 2nd call.

But this behavior is by intention. When going to a meeting, you can always set silent mode before. The 2 related features are as follows.

1) the phone rings at the volume set by you, no matter how it lies on the table, you grab it and by this time the volume goes down, not off. this is very usefull when you have set a high rintone volume because the phone can recognise the moment when it got your attention -> no need to continue ringing with full power

2) you see who's calling, but don't want to take the call now -> put it back face down and the ringtone will stop for THIS CALL

remember: putting it face down while nobody is ringing is not the way to enable silence in general

remember: putting it face down while nobody is ringing is not the way to enable silence in general

Exactly, otherwise if you put it face down in the first place by mistake you wouldn't get the call.

It's necessary to pick it up and turn it.

Putting my phone FACE DOWN? Shudder..........

Exactly!!!

But as said, if you have the phone flat face up on a table it will ring, turn it over and it'll stop. It doesn't just not ring when face down

They should make this more apparent but meh...it's the same on the Desire