How to port Htc's music app and widget?

Guest Splux

Hello.

Now I've been trying to replace my lockscreen to HTC's Sense lockscreen.. but it doesn't work..

So my questions are; is it possible an how to change?

It didn't work to just push it to /system/app.. but I didn't really expected it to be that easy either, and my searching on google didn't help me at all.

So back to my questions, is it possible to do this and how do I do it if possible?

And another thing, how do I get htc's musicplayer and musicwidget to work? Do I need "libm.so", "libmedia.so", "libmedia_jni.so", "libmediaplayerservice.so" or will they just make things work even worse?

I'll test it anyway, just for fun. Worse thing that could possible happen is that I have to reflash everything. But, do you think it'll work to push those *.so's to /system/lib or will it just make things weirder?

I'd really appreciate if anyone can help me with this :)

*edit*

I guess it didn't work just to push the libs to system/lib >.<

Time to reflash and try again..

*edit2*

One more question: is it even possible to "port" (or w/e I'm trying to do) Htc's musicplayer to LCR-F? I mean, port it so it actually works:P

Edit#3...

"No. In particular, the lock screen is not designed to be replaceable at this time from the SDK. Perhaps in the future, but not today."

So, I can let that part of my question go now.. So I changed the topic name, because now I only wants the music app and widget to work :)

Edited by Splux

Guest android76

I think the app need to take some ressources of HTC Framework's.

Why you don't use one of the Sense ports ? This would be easier

Edited by android76

I think the app need to take some ressources of HTC Framework's.

Why you don't use one of the Sense ports ? This would be easier

Atm I just want the musicplayer, musicwidget and the lockscreen.. But I'm considering to flash the Sense port instead, but that's not as much of a challenge :)

Guest Delnar_Ersike

Indeed, to use the HTC-made lockscreen and music player, you'll need frameworks supplied by HTC Sense UI. The music widget is part of the music player, in case you don't know. You could also try searching for music players and/or lockscreen replacements that look almost like Sense's.

Edited by Delnar_Ersike

Guest android76

If you know how to unpack boot.img you can try to add HTC frameworks in your ROM and then add them to the BOOTCLASSPATH in the init.rc but I don't know if it will work

On what ROM you want this ?

Sorry for my bad english

Edited by android76

If you know how to unpack boot.img you can try to add HTC frameworks in your ROM and then add them to the BOOTCLASSPATH in the init.rc but I don't know if it will work

On what ROM you want this ?

Sorry for my bad english

LCR-F

And it's the first time I try to take apps from ports :)

Unpack an *.img file.. isn't that just to use winRAR? Gonna try and see if I can find the frameworks I need.. do I need anything from /system/lib? like those media-related *.so's? :)

And yes, I really want to get this to work x)

*edit*

rofl, just because it isn't a cd-image winRAR can't open it.. so, I give up now and I'll probably flash the Desire-port..

Edited by Splux

Guest thedicemaster

i don't know what the sense music app and widget are like, but i think you're better off with the widgetlocker lockscreen than with the sense lockscreen.

it allows you to choose a sense unlock slider, and you can add all kinds of widgets/shortcuts on your lockscreen.

Guest android76

Ok I have try to get HTC Music work on LCR-F

I have modify the init.rc with HTC frameworks, copy HTC Music apk, add HTC Permissions in etc/permissions and add missing libs from Vache Desire Port => ROM boot it works fine but I have force close when I launch HTC Music :)

I think the problem it's the framework-res.apk

Ok I have try to get HTC Music work on LCR-F

I have modify the init.rc with HTC frameworks, copy HTC Music apk, add HTC Permissions in etc/permissions and add missing libs from Vache Desire Port => ROM boot it works fine but I have force close when I launch HTC Music :(

I think the problem it's the framework-res.apk

Then both of us got the same problem, force-close x)

And once it didn't boot at all.. so I've realised that this will probably not work :)

Don't care about this thread anymore, going to flash Vache's Desire port :)

Guest Delnar_Ersike

To clarify, boot.img uses a custom android format, so it's not a .img CD image file. Here's a tutorial on how to open, edit, and repack a boot.img file, but it'll only work in Linux (it might work in Windows with Cygwin, but I haven't tried it that way).

As for framework-res.apk, if you know what you're looking for, you can unpack it with a program like WinZip, WinRAR, or my personal favorite, an open-source alternative called 7zip. You could try adding the missing files used by Sense's music player (maybe Sense's lockscreen as well), then signing the apk, pack it into an update.zip, and flash it onto your device. However, I suspect you're going to have to tinker with services.jar as well, as I doubt the force closes are only caused by missing resource files.

@thedicemaster: indeed, WidgetLocker is pretty good, but every since I successfully accidentally bypassed my SIM Lock with it, I stopped using it for security's sake. I don't know exactly how I did it as that was in August, but I think it was by pressing the back button at the SIM Lock screen, then pressing the home button.

Edited by Delnar_Ersike

To clarify, boot.img uses a custom android format, so it's not a .img CD image file. Here's a tutorial on how to open, edit, and repack a boot.img file, but it'll only work in Linux (it might work in Windows with Cygwin, but I haven't tried it that way).

As for framework-res.apk, if you know what you're looking for, you can unpack it with a program like WinZip, WinRAR, or my personal favorite, an open-source alternative called 7zip. You could try adding the missing files used by Sense's music player (maybe Sense's lockscreen as well), then signing the apk, pack it into an update.zip, and flash it onto your device. However, I suspect you're going to have to tinker with services.jar as well, as I doubt the force closes are only caused by missing resource files.

@thedicemaster: indeed, WidgetLocker is pretty good, but every since I successfully accidentally bypassed my SIM Lock with it, I stopped using it for security's sake. I don't know exactly how I did it as that was in August, but I think it was by pressing the back button at the SIM Lock screen, then pressing the home button.

Too much work for me, don't want to spend that much time on something when the chances of getting it to work are pretty low..

I flashed Vache's Desire port instead, but thanks for the info :)