Time Zone won't stay on Arizona

Guest nvrmind

Guest nvrmind

Like the title says, I can't get the timezone to stick on AZ, it keeps switching to Mountain... I know, AZ is in Mountain, but we don't do daylight savings time, so in the winter, we're on the same time as pacific.

I don't know if it's a rom issue, but I doubt it. I'm running AMDZero Base v1.2 (or whatever the latest is) with DG21.

I've had this problem with other phones, but I was able to disable the auto update from the carrier... but that doesn't seem to work here.

I've tried:

1. Changing the timezone in the Windows Mobile clock setting
  2. Changing the timezone in the Omnia settings dialog
  3. Changing the timezone in the Omnia clock program and unselecting the auto update

With 1 and 2, the timezone just goes back to Mountain time zone after a minute or two. With number 3, the timezone switches to Eastern (I know, weird).

Thanks

Guest rolobolas
Like the title says, I can't get the timezone to stick on AZ, it keeps switching to Mountain... I know, AZ is in Mountain, but we don't do daylight savings time, so in the winter, we're on the same time as pacific.

I don't know if it's a rom issue, but I doubt it. I'm running AMDZero Base v1.2 (or whatever the latest is) with DG21.

I've had this problem with other phones, but I was able to disable the auto update from the carrier... but that doesn't seem to work here.

I've tried:

1. Changing the timezone in the Windows Mobile clock setting
  2. Changing the timezone in the Omnia settings dialog
  3. Changing the timezone in the Omnia clock program and unselecting the auto update
With 1 and 2, the timezone just goes back to Mountain time zone after a minute or two. With number 3, the timezone switches to Eastern (I know, weird).

Thanks

I have the exact same problem and had to switch to manual otherwise kept on changing my time.

Guest xlightwaverx

Mine is 4 hours ahead of EST. Really messes with the pics you want to make evidentary.

Daylight savings time ends in two days, just sit tight.

Guest nvrmind
Daylight savings time ends in two days, just sit tight.

Ah, I think I see the problem... these custom roms... they may be built with some European components... My phone started having this issue November 1. Europe switched October 31... and the US switches Nov 7. I don't know, maybe it has nothing to do with it... it's really annoying, but at least my calendar was adjusted, as well... meaning I still get my reminders, but my alarm goes off an hour early every morning.

Guest alaamac199
Ah, I think I see the problem... these custom roms... they may be built with some European components... My phone started having this issue November 1. Europe switched October 31... and the US switches Nov 7. I don't know, maybe it has nothing to do with it... it's really annoying, but at least my calendar was adjusted, as well... meaning I still get my reminders, but my alarm goes off an hour early every morning.

I was able to solve this problem by doing this .. just advance your device clock 2 hours .. accept changes to the clock .. then move it back 1 hour and accept changes .. that should do it ..

Guest nvrmind
I was able to solve this problem by doing this .. just advance your device clock 2 hours .. accept changes to the clock .. then move it back 1 hour and accept changes .. that should do it ..

However, with my device in the wrong timezone, all my appointments would be off by an hour (either on the Exchange server or on my device). Kind of a pain, but I'll live with it for a couple more days. If it doesn't fix itself Sunday night, I'll search for a new solution (maybe even flashing back to stock, bleh).