Daskalos B7610 23145 ROM

Guest daskalos

Guest daskalos
Have much problems with it :rolleyes:

1. There is no settings Input Methods.

2. There id problem with sertificates during installing software.

3. IE get message Can't download blank and don't let chenge homepage settings.

4. GPS Works really bad.

5. Contacts button on homescrean doesn't work.

6. Samsung SMS-MMS not full-intagrates in system.

7. Some software doesn't work. I think - sertificates errors again.

8. Sometimes device star thinking for a 5-30secs and can do nothing that time.

When I said your a newbie, I meant that you haven't read all the forum topics here, where the answer to your questions are already posted.

The answer to your questions are just a registry edit away, a simple tap and a little info... and again they're posted somewhere in the forums

1. Just a simple reg change. Remove "Redirect" entry in HKLM\ControlPanel\Input. Posted somewhere

2. My samsung cabs are different from other cabs made by other people. So please use my last updated cabs. If you use other samsung cabs made by other people, it may or may not work.

3. Just tap cancel button "Can't download blank ..." immideately

4. GPS performance is relative. There are many factors that relate to GPS performance (like sky visibility,electrical interferrances (like power lines and towers) GPS software, tweaks etc.). If GPS performance is still horrible under a clear blue sky with this ROM, then it's with the build. Though you can also find GPS tweaks altroughout the forum.

5. again it's just a simple registry entry change, it's discuss a couple of times, I think the last time was in 2344 thread

6. I don't know exactly what that mean, but in my megalites, I don't include Samsung SMS MMS

7. It's very hard to guess the apps your saying that doesn't work... maybe put them in a list sometime?

8. I don't understand this either. Please elaborate

Edited by daskalos

Guest Alex Crow

Exept #1 I knew the way to fix this troubles. I just want to tell you about them to the future, for next firmwares to fix.

OK then, I'll make more one test and, if you want, I'll write founded bugs here.

PS Sorry for my English.

Edited by Alex Crow

• 3 weeks later...

Halo,

Anyone got solution for Compose sms auto checkname/contact?

i am frustrated with this....

seem like the composer is different in thi version, which the TO: is in a box that can click?

reading and google around, said was due to remove default samsung keyboard, tried few keyboard on the net and modaco.com...

no solution found....why it is not happen on a Full ROM? anything missing?

hope to get a suprise reply :D

A few hour later, I finally found the solution of this problem! :P

source : [link]http://www.techparaiso.com/windows-mobile/tutorials/213-customizing-sms-and-input-settings-for-your-windows-phone[/link]

you can modify it just from simple registry change:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\Inbox\RecipientAutocomplete]

"MaxSuggestions"=dword:00000000 ;

0= Disables default MS suggestions to on every letter you type, more than zero is as per your specific number.

hope this help

tag: auto completion, compose sms, receipient

Edited by fense

Daskalos,

I can't see the windows map to put the calllog.exe in... You know how to fix that?

thx

Just open Total Commander (already in the ROM) and there you can browse to the \Windows dir. There you can copy the CallLog.exe in.

Daskolos,

I'm very happy with your 'new' way of cooking. I'm running this 23145 ROM with the following apps and tweaks:

AdobeReaderLE (PDF reader)

ArcsoftMMSComposer 5_0_31_16 (MMS reader/composer for WM text messaging)

CorePlayer.v1.3.6.Build.7427 (Mediaplayer)

Daskalos Square Icons (Nice square Icons for your menu)

GoogleMaps (Google maps)

iPhoneToday (a Today plugin that looks like the IPhone menu....very usefull)

MoTweets (Twitter Client)

Omarket (Open source apps downloader and installer)

Opera_Mobile_10 (Internet browser)

ProfiMail_3.36 (E-mail client)

Resco Contact Manager (Replacement for WM phonebook, SMS reader and Phone history)

Resco_Photomanager (Very nice phonemanager)

S2P (Slide 2 Play, very usefull music player. Works together with S2U2)

S2U2 (Slide 2 Unlock 2, Lock screen. As replacement for de GA lockscreen)

Samsung Camera (experiment31fixed).cab

Samsung FM Radio

Samsung Settings Fixed

Scan2PDF (Convert a picture from camera to PDF)

XTask (Start Menu Replacement)

Youtube (Youtube)

I've installed the packages manually.

Tweaks:

- To disable GA lockscreen and UC_NET on startup I removed the shortcuts from \windows\startup

- I mapped the Right hotkey on the home screen to the Resco Contact manager with Advanced Config (Cooked in the ROM).

- I changed the Performance (can be found in Samsung settings) to Auto

- I Downloaded the Extra Data for GPS and changed speed to 115200 baud.

Performance findings:

* After soft reset I've got 91MB free memory. After half a day of using the telephone there is still 80MB left.

* Within 1 minute GPS fix

* 0 to 1,5 ring delay

* No problems with device wakeups yet

Overall opinion:

Very fast and stable ROM. The ring delay surprises me, it's almost gone! GPS fix is fast. Loads of memory left after half day of using the ROM. Can't find any disadvantages yet.

Guest trung365

Dear Daskalos,

I've used this room for 2 weeks. Many thanks for this good ROM.

Most of things are OK, except for below things, and need your help (sorry, I read thru all threads but can not find solution):

1. Lost some application icons: some icons of programs showed correctly in Start Menu of Windows, but when I use the MainMenu cab, all those icons are not showed but text only. I used SPB Mobile Shell and have the same error (it becomes a same square icon).

I reload the ROM, but still got the same error.

Those applications are: Advanced Config, CapSure, CleanRAM, Easy Set S3Clock, FDC Task Manager, fim, FM Radio, Google Maps, Gyrator 2, JWMD Armids, JWMD Icon Changer, MMTarkManager, OzIM, PIMbackup, Registry Editor, Samsung Settings, SIPChange, Total Commander.

2. Can not use the X button to close programs (already setup in Samsung Settings). (Same with ROM ver 23144.)

3. On-screen keyboard: not show in SMS, if before that I close SMS session by ending it in TaskManager. Only when soft reset, it shows up again.

Hope that you could help me to work it out, as I really like this ROM.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Guest daskalos
Dear Daskalos,

I've used this room for 2 weeks. Many thanks for this good ROM.

Most of things are OK, except for below things, and need your help (sorry, I read thru all threads but can not find solution):

1. Lost some application icons: some icons of programs showed correctly in Start Menu of Windows, but when I use the MainMenu cab, all those icons are not showed but text only. I used SPB Mobile Shell and have the same error (it becomes a same square icon).

I reload the ROM, but still got the same error.

Those applications are: Advanced Config, CapSure, CleanRAM, Easy Set S3Clock, FDC Task Manager, fim, FM Radio, Google Maps, Gyrator 2, JWMD Armids, JWMD Icon Changer, MMTarkManager, OzIM, PIMbackup, Registry Editor, Samsung Settings, SIPChange, Total Commander.

2. Can not use the X button to close programs (already setup in Samsung Settings). (Same with ROM ver 23144.)

3. On-screen keyboard: not show in SMS, if before that I close SMS session by ending it in TaskManager. Only when soft reset, it shows up again.

Hope that you could help me to work it out, as I really like this ROM.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Let me try to answer your queries:

1. I have no idea :)

2. Samsung's Xbutton to close programs does not work in 6.5.X ROMs (because of the "new" position of the x button), only works in wm 6.5, though there are many other task managers to choose from which has this option.

3. I have no idea ;) What SMS application are you using?

Guest trung365
Let me try to answer your queries:

1. I have no idea :)

2. Samsung's Xbutton to close programs does not work in 6.5.X ROMs (because of the "new" position of the x button), only works in wm 6.5, though there are many other task managers to choose from which has this option.

3. I have no idea ;) What SMS application are you using?

Thanks Daskalos for your reply:

- For the question 1&2, OK, I'll live with it, not a big deal.

- For the SMS: I use the default one in your ROM (threaded SMS)

No worry, I'll wait for your new version to test it.

Thanks again for your nice work!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest Murali1806

Hi.

the .rar file at http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KU9K841J is password protected. What is the password to extract the .rar file please?

Thanks,

Murali

Daskalos B7610 23145 ROM

What's in it?

- New WM build 23145

- It's in MegaLite and in 6.5.3 (Don't like Megalites because it's too light? Solution? UC Net Portable see below

- WM Sliding lockscreen disabled, replaced with GA (so the sliding one causes mem leaks)

- Replaced Samsung Keyboard with EZ Input

- Added Third party Apps:

DOWNLOAD HERE:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KU9K841J

NOTE: Call log exe was accidentally deleted in this ROM, please download call log exe here http://www.modaco.com/index.php?sho...t&p=1468108 and place it in \Windows

HESITANT TO TRY MY MEGALITES BECAUSE THEY'RE TOO LIGHT? SOLUTION HERE

In the first place, some of you ask why do I make MEGAlite ROMs and not just make semi-lite or ROM with just few things removed.

The main reasons are:

1. Obviously, to save some ROM space

2. Speed up the device

3. If the time comes that you decided to modify,update,replace or remove applications/files inside the ROM, you can do it with ease and totally (for it will not regenerate when deleted, because it's not cooked in the ROM). For example, you decide to use Resco Photo Manager than Samsung Photo Album, you can easily and totally remove Samsung Photo Album (because it's not cooked in) and just install Resco Photo Manager. In this way, you saved ROM space in two ways.

But as we have different tastes on how we like our ROMs and what things we want in them, some people label my ROMs too lite or endlessly requesting to add this and that programs to uipcoming release. So what can be possibly done to address our different tastes? Simply by using an app called UC Net Portable

UC Net Portable (serfer222) is based on XDA_UC (by Noonski), which is a simple mortscript app that let's you do device customizations with ease. With this app, you can install cabs and registry or transfer files, automatically or manually into your device. The cab installations and file transfers can be done silently or if you wish, with prompts.

UC Net Portable is cooked in this ROM (also in 23144 versions) so installing your favorite Samsung Apps and other third party apps will be a breeze, so there's no need to fear my MEGAlites :(

How to use UC Net Portable in this MEGAlite 23145 (also applicable in 23144 version)

For a simple thorough explanation read INSTRUCTIONS A. For Quick instructions read INSTRUCTIONS B

INSTRUCTIONS A

(Remember you can do the steps either before or after flashing)

1. If you download the above rar archive that contains my ROM, inside, you'll notice a folder inside named XDA_UC. If take a peek in the folder, it contains some folders and some of your favorite Samsung Apps

2. Extract XDA_UC folder and transfer it to "My Storage" or "Storage Card", whichever you want to be the "backup"

storage. This XDA_UC folder will serve as the "Sample".

The XDA_UC folder contains:

Remember to remove the cabs you don't want to install in the device. You can add other cabs you like

3. Now here are the basic things about what the folder XDA_UC and other included folders to with cabs etc.

Lets start with the basics, we want our favorite Samsung Apps to be installed in the device (like camera and fm radio),automatically and silently, so make sure that the cabs are inside the folder named "XDA_UC". If you have some 3rd party apps you want to install

in the device too, place them in that folder too. Make sure to remove cabs in XDA_UC folder that you don't want to install in the device.

4. Now, go to Programs Menu (assuming you have already flashed my 23144/45 ROMs) and tap UC_NET Customize. At the first time it will ask to fix policy, choose "Yes", then it will ask to Reset, just choose No.

5. It will now open a Sense based gui. Now select where your XDA_UC folder is located (from step 2). Then select ''Customize".

6. Installation of cabs will now run automatically and silently,(you can normally use your device while it's silently installing cabs) after all cabs are completely installed, the app will prompt for a reset. Just choose Yes/OK. Upon restart, your cabs are installed :rolleyes:

INSTRUCTIONS B

1. Extract XDA_UC folder included in the rar archive and transfer it to "My Storage" or "Storage Card", whichever you want to be the "backup" storage.

2. Now, go to Programs Menu(assuming you have already flashed my 23144/45 ROMs) and tap UC_NET Customize. At the first time it will ask to fix policy, choose "Yes", then it will ask to Reset, just choose No.

3. It will now open a Sense based gui. Now select where your XDA_UC folder is located (from step 2). Then select ''Customize".

4. Installation of cabs will now run automatically and silently,(you can normally use your device while it's silently installing cabs) after all cabs are completely installed, the app will prompt for a reset. Just choose Yes/OK. Upon restart, your cabs are installed <_<

In the future,if you'll choose my upcoming Megalite ROMs, you don't have to do the above since XDA_UC folder is in already in your My Storage or Storage Card. What you'll just do is to manage cabs in the XDA_UC folder, remove cabs you don't want and put cabs you want in, flash the ROM and after succesfully booting, run UC_NET Customize again.

In this way you can freely choose the apps you want in my Megalites :P

Guest screwdriv

hi guys... im a total noob here on windows mobile.. so please guide me..

i want to flash my phone to a rom that has the native windows mobile ui like my later phone (aspen) its much easier for me with that.

Can this rom be flash by the methods here ABC of flasing and also.. ive read that we can use the octans mini- can i use that tool even i have the official firmware on my phone?

and if im to pick a rom for starter, what rom could you suggest? is daskalos rom's good?

sorry to have many question.. im such a noob..

thank you for reading

Guest screwdriv

two more questions...

whats the password for the rar files?

and whats the meaning of the number "Daskalos B7610 23145 ROM" the 23145? should i need to know that too?

again sorry for being such a noob.. :P

Edited by screwdriv