StreakDroid FroYo v1.4.2 - Announcement Thread

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest Hells_Child

What size does the wallpaper need to be using the new dell launcher? the wallpapers i used in 1.1.1 ADW seem overstretched for 1.2. not sure if i need to change the size of the pic.

Thanks

Guest mrmrmrmr

Steve,

You'll remember the tunnel driver (tun.ko) that you helped me to compile for Froyo.

It should work on this release right ? because the kernel is same...

Well, it is accepted by the kernel. I can see it when I issue a "lsmod" command.

However, when I start the vpn connection, the device freezes and can't do anything.

What might be the problem with this ?

Guest lurch519
ive lost all the silver logo lol lost it some time ago

edit:

just a quick preview of something ive got coming up soon hopefully:

# cat scaling_max_freq

I want to see 2.0Ghz!!!!!!

Just kidding, great work man

Guest Sans143
This might help but just make sure you follow Steves instructions to the letter

Easy Guide to installing a New Baseband using Windows

Go to the C: drive and make a new Folder called Fastboot

go to the folder where you have the Clockwork files and copy (or Drag and drop)

all the files into the new Fastboot Directory then copy the Amss.mbn that you have download into this Directory:

Put your Streak in Fastboot

Press the Start button on you computer and in the Search programs and files box type "cmd"

at the top of the window press on the cmd icon and it should open a Black cmd window

with a flashing prompt type CD\fastboot and then :-

Fastboot-windows -i 0x413c flash amss amss.mbn (press return)

when that is finished type in the command box

fastboot-windows -i 0x413c reboot

Thanks for the help. Got my streak up and running lastnight. Now its working like a charm. :)

Thanks for the help. Got my streak up and running lastnight. Now its working like a charm. :)

Is fastweb installer working for any one ?

Steve , has the android_ID issue sorted out yet ?

Guest mrmrmrmr
Steve,

You'll remember the tunnel driver (tun.ko) that you helped me to compile for Froyo.

It should work on this release right ? because the kernel is same...

Well, it is accepted by the kernel. I can see it when I issue a "lsmod" command.

However, when I start the vpn connection, the device freezes and can't do anything.

What might be the problem with this ?

I recompiled the tun.ko with new config file from 1.2.0

it works !

People follow steps word for word forget everything that you used to do . Can't go wrong , mine loaded with no issues I was up and running in like 15 mins

Am loving every moment with my streak now with 1.2.0 Steve - and all thanks to you...

Sent a donation - Confirmation number: 54T81991582115030

Thanks for all your efforts !

Guest Graysson

Do you notice a difference with 1.26MHz?

What does Quadrant say?

Since 2.1 with 800 points, 2.2 1.1.1 with 1400 and 2.2 1.2 with 1200 points in Quadrant i dont see a difference in speed.

All these versions were so fast that i normally dont have to wait for anything im doing with the Streak.

Steve - I am unable to sync using the dell utiltity - it is a must for me as I have to sync contacts etc and need to sync with outlook which is using my office exchange...

this was working fine with 2.1 but now on 2.2 it does not pick up anything!

What can I do to get this to work?

Guest mrmrmrmr
this is really a lovely release.

thanks to Steve and all contributing for their efforts.

I have a question: where can we find the PC application to sync with Dell Sync on this release ?

does anyone have any idea about this ?

Guest strvmarv
ive lost all the silver logo lol lost it some time ago

edit:

just a quick preview of something ive got coming up soon hopefully:

# cat scaling_max_freq

You, are, the, man! Woot!

Guest dairymasta

Question:

Haven't flashed this yet, but will be attempting to soon. If I flash this and flash baseband etc, then the official update comes out and doesn't work with the baseband, will it be a long process to try and go to official 2.2?

Just out of curiousity, cheers.

Guest untrueparadox

anybody have issues with the at&t streak on tmobile network losing edge connection? i always had edge connection at home even though the streak doesn't support tmobile's 3g network but after this baseband flash i'm stuck on (g) with 40kbps up/down instead of 90-100kbps up/down is this a known issue?

edit: solution solved. tmobile was doing maintanence work and disabled 3g and edge in my area which means upgrade to hspa+ :)

Edited by untrueparadox

Guest dellaws

Can any Genius here help me out Please.........I am a Noob....I cannot make any of Steve's Froyo to work on my Streak, I have been trying since day 1, the only Rom that works on my Streak is 6941-2.1 Leaked Version of 2.1 that is, I cannot upgrade to official 2.1 because I get "Verification failed" Error and cannot downgrade to 1.6 because i get "System is already up to date" Error......And even on the 2.1 leaked that I have i am unable to install apps from the market and not only that I cannot even install apps downloaded from the browser. So I am Stuck with a Big Phone without any apps at all, I have posted this problem but No one helped me out, Steve asked me for the adb logs, will someone please help me out in getting the adb logs, I dont know how to do it :)

I have the AWS T-Mobile Streak....I followed all the instructions for 1.2 and made it work but it lasted me 5 minutes and the phone turned itself Off and if i restart it I get stuck at Dell Logo :)

It Happened to me with every version of Steve's Froyo.....I think my Streak will work with Official Froyo, but I am not that Hopeful about that either......Please Help if you know What's Going On or If you know the Solution :(

Guest dellaws

Or Can Someone Help me out in Getting a Working 2.1 that will let me download apps from the Market....I have followed all the guides including homiess guide and it doesn't work on my Streak :)

Guest untrueparadox
Or Can Someone Help me out in Getting a Working 2.1 that will let me download apps from the Market....I have followed all the guides including homiess guide and it doesn't work on my Streak :)

you gotta flash the stock recovery for 2.1

http://www.mediafire.com/?ymmy94x1hrvo0pq

then download 2.1 official update

http://www.mediafire.com/?9n8c2532o5kzgeq

copy the pkg to sd card and rename update.pkg and flash it in recovery.

it should be the procedure to downgrade but you have an aws device so i have no idea.

Guest MrPokeylope

Another fantastic job! YouTube videos upside down from the app, and sound dying completely (headphones need to be put in and pulled out to fix) are the only bugs I've found for you to squash :) its been a pleasure using these firmwares btw.

What is the App included in 1.2.0 - Dell Sync - I enabled that - but still the PC does not see it...

What software does this use to sync and where do i get it from?

How is everyone else sync'g outlook contacts, tasks, calender etc without the sync utility as used in 2.1?

Guest sukicat
What is the App included in 1.2.0 - Dell Sync - I enabled that - but still the PC does not see it...

What software does this use to sync and where do i get it from?

How is everyone else sync'g outlook contacts, tasks, calender etc without the sync utility as used in 2.1?

This is a line from Steve update list on page 1

Added Dell Sync By Nero from Froyo rom, not sure how its used yet though

Question:

Haven't flashed this yet, but will be attempting to soon. If I flash this and flash baseband etc, then the official update comes out and doesn't work with the baseband, will it be a long process to try and go to official 2.2?

Just out of curiousity, cheers.

I recall Stephen saying that when the Official Dell Froyo comes out, it will overwrite the baseband anyway. In any case, worst case scenario you have 2 options.

1) flash back to 2.1 official,

2) flash the new ROM that will be posted here hours later which will be based on the Official ROM. :) This is more often a better ROM anyway.

BTW... just to clarify... you gotta flash the baseband first, then the 1.2 ROM. Thought I'd mention that just in case... :)

Question:

Haven't flashed this yet, but will be attempting to soon. If I flash this and flash baseband etc,