StreakDroid FroYo v1.4.2 - Announcement Thread

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest Charliest

Here's a real puzzler, at least for me. I successfully updated to 1.2, but certain apps from the marketplace downloaded but failed to install. I decided to do a full reset, but I cannot seem to initialize the system. I even tried to reload the baseband and 1.2, but I still have my partially-working system intact. I tried just about every formatting and wipe command to no avail. Can some kind Android expert help?

there must be a pc sync client for that. but I couldn't find it.

too bad

it will come from dell at some point..

http://www.nero.com/enu/business-oem-nero-mobile-sync.html

Tbh I find some of the text there disturbing..

Nero MobileSync

Nero MobileSync is the first universal, hardware-agnostic platform to offer fully customizable PC applications for mobile handset, netbook, gaming consoles, and ultra mobile PC manufacturers. Designed to allow the management, sharing, and creation of content between the desktop, the portable device, and the Internet, this platform will offer portable device manufacturers a way to differentiate their user experience, increase their revenues via sales and advertising channels to the desktop, and better maximize the PC as the hub of the connected digital home – all without having to make costly investments in desktop application development

Guest jnovello
Here's a real puzzler, at least for me. I successfully updated to 1.2, but certain apps from the marketplace downloaded but failed to install. I decided to do a full reset, but I cannot seem to initialize the system. I even tried to reload the baseband and 1.2, but I still have my partially-working system intact. I tried just about every formatting and wipe command to no avail. Can some kind Android expert help?

There's your problem. It was found best if you go back to stock 2.1 baseband and flash v1.1. Then don't wipe anything and upgrade the baseband and flash 1.2.

Guest Adilson
there must be a pc sync client for that. but I couldn't find it.

too bad

I really don't see a need to a standalone PC sync application. I use a Google account and Ubuntu One, just to be doubly sure.

Guest Dogmann55

Hi all,

Well I was on Steve's V1.1 so first of all I flashed to V1.1.1 as advised to then did a full factory reset and then just followed the rest of the instructions carefully first flashing the new baseband and then flashing 1.2 I think the whole process took about 15 minutes.

So now I am up and running V1.2 on first boot I also had the no sound bug but having read about the fix for it in one of the threads just plugged in my ear phones and then removed them and it was all good my YouTube HD plays perfectly no green band or upside down issues but i have to say I really don't like the new Dell stage UI at all so am now running ADW Launcher instead Rooting took the usual two attempts to work and after that I just set up and installed all my apps and widgets and was back up and running within the hour. I don't know if I am just lucky or not but for me this update was really quick and easy and as I said I only did one factory reset after installing V1.1.1. having done a couple of Quadrant test its has been as high as 1342 and as low as 1200 which is still very good IMO.

Also a big thanks to sukicat for your modified quick guide as I was having problems with fastboot in the cmd window and your CD\fastboot and then :-Fastboot-windows -i 0x413c flash amss amss.mbn made all the difference in me being able to get it working of course i made sure i was going to be able to use the cmd to flash the baseband before i started doing anything else but the extra CD\fastboot command made all the difference for me between it working or not.

As for what happens when the official Dell 2.2 Rom comes out well having now seen the new Dell Stage UI I have no interest in it at all and will be sticking with IMO the far superior option of Rom's from Steve.

So once again great work Steve and who ever else has helped you and thanks for this excellent Rom can't wait to see what else you have in store for us in the future but for now my Streak is just the best its been so far and as always I love it.

Marc

Edited by Dogmann55

Guest dellaws

I already mentioned that I have followed hommies guide and its of no avail.....No ROm works on my Streak except for the Leaked 2.1, not even the official 2.1 because it gives me error "system is up to date".....no Froyo works because it crashes within 5-10 minutes of usage and never turns back on n gets stuck at dell logo.....I even Flashed 1.2 froyo following steve's guide but fail again n Crashed within 3 minutes of usage......Cannot even downgrade to 1.6 because I get stuck at Dell Logo.....No way Out for me.....Any Help Now??????

Guest untrueparadox
I already mentioned that I have followed hommies guide and its of no avail.....No ROm works on my Streak except for the Leaked 2.1, not even the official 2.1 because it gives me error "system is up to date".....no Froyo works because it crashes within 5-10 minutes of usage and never turns back on n gets stuck at dell logo.....I even Flashed 1.2 froyo following steve's guide but fail again n Crashed within 3 minutes of usage......Cannot even downgrade to 1.6 because I get stuck at Dell Logo.....No way Out for me.....Any Help Now??????

i remember seeing an image of the dell 2.1 update torn apart and repacked into boot.img system.img and data.img. cant seem to find it anymore. that will definitely work if you can still flash roms in fastboot. you probably need the 2.1 baseband update too.

oh and also for the Dell Sync, I think i found the pc software.

on Dell US support site, there's a new version of Dell PC suite dated 10/28/10 so its fairly recent. i cant get the link to work though.

ftp://ftp.us.dell.com/Handheld/DELL_PC-SUITE_A01_R286430.exe

http://support.dell.com/support/topics/glo...040AC0A65E96FA0

Edited by untrueparadox

Guest ArchiMark

Don't know why I haven't been able to get new v1.2.0 working...have tried about 5 times and no go....so, now, reflashed v1.1.1 as that version seems to install properly and easily....

Followed v1.2.0 instructions carefully, flashed baseband first using fastboot....

Can't figure out why this version has been so difficult to get installed compared to the previous versions that I've managed to install OK....

:)

Guest rockymtnbri
Another fantastic job! YouTube videos upside down from the app, and sound dying completely (headphones need to be put in and pulled out to fix) are the only bugs I've found for you to squash :) its been a pleasure using these firmwares btw.

I'm seeing a loss of rotation (as has been noted) after playing a video with YouTube, and I have had the sound loss as well.

Guest dellaws
i remember seeing an image of the dell 2.1 update torn apart and repacked into boot.img system.img and data.img. cant seem to find it anymore. that will definitely work if you can still flash roms in fastboot. you probably need the 2.1 baseband update too.

oh and also for the Dell Sync, I think i found the pc software.

on Dell US support site, there's a new version of Dell PC suite dated 10/28/10 so its fairly recent. i cant get the link to work though.

ftp://ftp.us.dell.com/Handheld/DELL_PC-SUITE_A01_R286430.exe

http://support.dell.com/support/topics/glo...040AC0A65E96FA0

I am very that at least someone i trying to help, thx buddy, now about the baseband, i think i do have the 2.1 baseband n i am getting HSPS+ on my tmobile streak, now running 2.1, but for the love of me i cannot get th market to work n i get download unsuccessful error everytime i try, i have literally tried all the market fixes on the internet via google search but of no avail......i am stuck with 2.1 and waiting for officil froyo update fom dell but i want to be able to use the apps at least, not only is the market an issue my streak simply wouldnt install any app i download using the browser :)

can you help me with it plz???

Guest untrueparadox
I am very that at least someone i trying to help, thx buddy, now about the baseband, i think i do have the 2.1 baseband n i am getting HSPS+ on my tmobile streak, now running 2.1, but for the love of me i cannot get th market to work n i get download unsuccessful error everytime i try, i have literally tried all the market fixes on the internet via google search but of no avail......i am stuck with 2.1 and waiting for officil froyo update fom dell but i want to be able to use the apps at least, not only is the market an issue my streak simply wouldnt install any app i download using the browser :)

can you help me with it plz???

sorry to break it to you, but there will be no official update for your aws streak.. just like how you werent able to flash 1.6..

i'm not sure how to help you because i dont have a tmobile streak. you can try changing the build.prop and put different values for ro.build.device. my suspicion is that the userdata partition is corrupt or the internal sd card has bad sectors. are you able to factory reset and fix it?

Guest dellaws
sorry to break it to you, but there will be no official update for your aws streak.. just like how you werent able to flash 1.6..

i'm not sure how to help you because i dont have a tmobile streak. you can try changing the build.prop and put different values for ro.build.device. my suspicion is that the userdata partition is corrupt or the internal sd card has bad sectors. are you able to factory reset and fix it?

I wouldnt be that sure about not having the update, because there are other people with t-mobile streaks too and their streaks are running just fine, moreover at&t streaks' will have froyo update and i am certain that it will work on my streak, i know it's something that could be fixed, i just have to pin point the problem, and sadly no one on this thread is helping me out, i mean there are geniuses here like fards and steve but i don't hear anything from them, don't know what to do, it was running fine on 2.1 until after a month it crashed and since then i have been flashing from Rom to Rom and haven't gotten it to work, froyo would simply crash and 2.1 wouldn't download apps :)

Guest lbj23numb1

hey stephen do u think you could get the front camera to work in the camera app. Ive herd it works now in the official froyo from dell. Does the front camera work in the leaked build that you have

Guest untrueparadox
I wouldnt be that sure about not having the update, because there are other people with t-mobile streaks too and their streaks are running just fine, moreover at&t streaks' will have froyo update and i am certain that it will work on my streak, i know it's something that could be fixed, i just have to pin point the problem, and sadly no one on this thread is helping me out, i mean there are geniuses here like fards and steve but i don't hear anything from them, don't know what to do, it was running fine on 2.1 until after a month it crashed and since then i have been flashing from Rom to Rom and haven't gotten it to work, froyo would simply crash and 2.1 wouldn't download apps :)

are you able to clear the phone storage using fastboot?

fastboot erase recovery

fastboot flash recovery [insert clockwork]

fastboot erase userdata

fastboot erase cache

fastboot erase data

(think these are redundant but try anyway)

fastboot erase boot

fastboot erase system

and the boot from your recovery and install the zipped roms.

Guest PaulVlagsma
So my story

updated to 1.2 with BB upgrade . Everything working except no network.

Went back to 1.1.1 . Again no network.

Flashed back 1.2 and now looks good.

I had the same experience.

However network data is now only E/G , where it was 3G/H on 1.1.1 .

Guest jiannis

Hello to you all and especially to Steve and thank you very much for all the Efforts. I followed your Guides and Tipps here and I updated without glitches and problems to 1.2. So thumps up for that.

The only problem I have is that the Facebook stage Widget is not working: Cant log in! Twitter widget works but no luck with Facebook. Says that something is wrong with my username and password... Can someone help?

Thank you very much and keep up the good work!

Guest adzman808

Am I right in thinking that this release fixes tethering, call waiting and the green stripe in you tube videos?

As I'm not that bothered about call waiting and have got barnicle working, is there any way to extract the part of the rom that fixes the you tube vids?

Guest epuarlana

I'm having one issue with my streak..

when I go to sleep and put in chargemode it will crash/freeze at some random point while I'm sleeping. I always have to remove the battery to be able to boot it up again.. which actually isn't helpful as i don't have any other alarmclocks :) anyone else has this issue?

fyi: I'm having this since version 1.0 of Steves rom.

another issue is, that sometimes the unlock-screen doesn't respond to my swipes. it takes me a lot of swipes or lock/unlock-actions until the bars are responsive. I'm having this issue since 1.0, too :/

both of them aren't always there, they seem to appear randomly...

Guest Dogmann55

@epuarlana

I don't have either of these issues but for the Lock screen problem have you tried calibrating the touchscreen again as i have read this has fixed the issue for many its done from the same screen as Fastboot by choosing the top left hand side option instead of Fastboot. Your second problem sounds like an app misbehaving and causing your problem are you running a Task killer or Auto killing apps? if so disabling that to start with my be a good start if not it will be trial and error to try and identify which app if any may be causing your problem as you will need to remove and then add them back one by one to try and find the culprit if it is any of them.

Marc

Guest epuarlana

@Dogmann55

Thank you! I'll try the recalibrating.

And no, I don't use any Taskkillers. Only thing I've installed is setcpu, but not using it in active mode (at least not since 1.2)

Nothing i do will get Froyo on my O2 Streak.

Starting from a fresh 8105 i try installing 1.1.1, but it gets to the boot animation and stays there.

I tried going straight to 1.2, the same happens.

It wont install the Modaco 8105 r2 either.

It seems only official and beta Dell ROMs will work. Ive tried factory wipes, cache wipes, clockwork recovery and the alt recovery. Nothing..

Guest Stephen Hyde
hey stephen do u think you could get the front camera to work in the camera app. Ive herd it works now in the official froyo from dell. Does the front camera work in the leaked build that you have

yes it does but the number of framework changes to get it to work is huge so im looking at it for my next version - android DOES NOT natively support multiple cameras. any device using more than one needs custom changes

Guest zrospeed

hi guys. i just want to get this clear. changelog says 720p video recording support. does it actually record in HD 720p? im still getting 3gpp even though setting is on 720p mpeg4.

its not a big deal for me, but i just want to know if i did something wrong. thanks