Android on Omnia II - i8000 (18.04.2011)

Guest almar

I think I have finally gotten somewhere but now I am getting the following for some time now on my phone after running Haret:

[XXXX.XXXXXX] request_suspend_state: wakeup (0->0) at XXXXXXXXXXXXX (2009-02-17 <time> UTC)

Fill in a lot of random numbers (or that is what it looks like to me :D ) for all the X's.

Is this ok?

Guest sambosat
I think I have finally gotten somewhere but now I am getting the following for some time now on my phone after running Haret:

[XXXX.XXXXXX] request_suspend_state: wakeup (0->0) at XXXXXXXXXXXXX (2009-02-17 <time> UTC)

Fill in a lot of random numbers (or that is what it looks like to me :D ) for all the X's.

Is this ok?

I had the exact same problem as you. but thanks to all the people here they have showed me what I need to do. What you need to do now is to add the 2d/3d drivers in the update file and then run haret hope that helps

S E A R C H

I have searched. But Google on the request wake-up thingie does not work and I though that maybe someone could point me to the right page or so instead of asking me to read 345 pages of replies...

Guest roboreaper

first of all i want to say: it works great. and with some tweaking i can get 1.5 day out of my android.

but one thing is really annoying. the more you reboot to Windows and boot android the buggier android gets.

after like 5 reboots you get errors and after th 7th it stops booting altogether.

dont know why. an update would be nice :D

no need to rename it,just put o2b3update.tar.gz in the root of your "my storage" and run haret.exe again.

Ok, done that. Now I still get the same :D request_suspend_state...

Guest sambosat
I have followed this guide:

http://www.modaco.com/content-page/322429/...011/page/2040/#

Tried to rename o2b3update.tar.gz to to o2bupdate.tar.gz and put it in the mystorage folder. No luck.

Do the opposite. First add the o2b3update.tar.gz to the root of my storage and run Haret.exe then when android starts turn of the Phone and now rename o2bupdate.tar.gz to o2b3update.tar.gz and put it in the root of my storage and then run haret.exe for the second time and that should work

Does it matter wether I copy it under Windows or Ubuntu? And you mean the old o2bupdate and rename it to the new name?

Edited by _JT

Guest sambosat
Does it matter wether I copy it under Windows or Ubuntu? And you mean the old o2bupdate and rename it to the new name?

I'm not sure if it makes any different but I copied it under windows and yes renamed the old one to the new one

Ok. So to be clear:

- Copy newest o2b3update to mystorage root

- Run haret

- As soon as Android starts booting turn phone off (pull battery out?)

- Download an old o2bupdate and rename to o2b3update

- Copy to mystorage root

- Run haret again

And then it should work?

Guest soroush0313

Read this thread and it has a lot of useful things :D

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1040025

Don't forget, you shouldn't rename it to o2bupdate.tar.gz the right name is: o2b3update.tar.gz

I have followed this guide:

http://www.modaco.com/content-page/322429/...011/page/2040/#

Tried to rename o2b3update.tar.gz to to o2bupdate.tar.gz and put it in the mystorage folder. No luck.

Guest sambosat
Ok. So to be clear:

- Copy newest o2b3update to mystorage root

- Run haret

- As soon as Android starts booting turn phone off (pull battery out?)

- Download an old o2bupdate and rename to o2b3update

- Copy to mystorage root

- Run haret again

And then it should work?

You are correct but one thing only. When you run haret the first time with o2b3update no need to pull the battery. After it starts and you log in to android and you see the background and you see that it is on now you can keep pressing the shutdown button on your Omnia 2 and you will see a pop up window in which you can tell it to shutdown. When it shuts down you can then put the other o2update and rename it and then run haret again. Hope that helps

Guest dpspcdrgn
When you run haret the first time with o2b3update no need to...

So Beta 3 is out now?? I don't see it anywhere? As well I have noticed that none of the relevant threads/forums have been updated in ages!

Please point me in the right direction. I have been reading this thread every day for months and I don't know how I managed to miss this!

Guest superdupersianz
So Beta 3 is out now?? I don't see it anywhere? As well I have noticed that none of the relevant threads/forums have been updated in ages!

Please point me in the right direction. I have been reading this thread every day for months and I don't know how I managed to miss this!

I guess they were referring to the Froyo Beta 1 a.k.a Omnia2Droid Beta 3

Guest raheeg

Hi,

I am using Froyo from this post

The installation happens properly.

However, everyday after sometime (yes, i have been installing it everyday for last 10 days!), the device just dies. I have to take out the battery and then reinstall android.

Any help? Pointers? I read somewhere that this is called as SOD (sleep of death) and it is because of Froyo Beta version (and that is why we need Call Light app too) but didn't find any solution.

I just love android but cannot use it because of this problem. I have Samsung Omnia i8000.

Rgds,

Rahul

Guest Jorge Moraes
O2Droid site is down, an update or what's the matter?

:D ?

Is true, what happend??? came 2.2 or 2.3 version jejejejejejejejejejejejejeje

Read this thread and it has a lot of useful things :D

Don't forget, you shouldn't rename it to o2bupdate.tar.gz the right name is: o2b3update.tar.gz

Tried the image installation from there but no luck either :D Can't find /iso/fs.iso while it's clearly there...

You are correct but one thing only. When you run haret the first time with o2b3update no need to pull the battery. After it starts and you log in to android and you see the background and you see that it is on now you can keep pressing the shutdown button on your Omnia 2 and you will see a pop up window in which you can tell it to shutdown. When it shuts down you can then put the other o2update and rename it and then run haret again. Hope that helps

I can't login, thats the whole problem. I keep getting the request_suspend_state thing.

Edited by _JT

Guest sambosat
Tried the image installation from there but no luck either :D Can't find /iso/fs.iso while it's clearly there...

I can't login, thats the whole problem. I keep getting the request_suspend_state thing.

What size Micro SD are you using. I used to use 8GB and had the same thing then switched to 4GB and worked

1gb. Gonna try a few things and then I might give up, has costed me a lot of hours so far with 0 result...Have a 2gb and 8gb card here.

Guest sambosat
1gb. Gonna try a few things and then I might give up, has costed me a lot of hours so far with 0 result...Have a 2gb and 8gb card here.

use 2 GB with the 1024

Guest Trasheador

The request_suspend_state error is due to the 2d3d libraries. There are some people who posted them with the name o2b3update.tar.gz and say "these are the ones that work". Try to find them and remember to put them on the root of my storage... but you know what? just in case, i put them on the root of my storage AND on the O2BETA dir. Then it booted up OK!