Android on Omnia II - i8000 (18.04.2011)

Guest almar

Guest osmington

hello all

i've been using the method from Quato, everything has been working fine until yesterday.

i changed nothing after install and market was working perfectly. now i cannot sign into google talk and market will not download anything.

any ideas ?

Guest osmington
download the new .iso file at page 318 and replace it with the old one in the /iso folder.

is there an alternative download site ? i have to wait an hour between each one.

Guest Speedfrog

you dont have to download each file from the same host. use rapidshare for one and megaupload for another for example

Guest osmington
you dont have to download each file from the same host. use rapidshare for one and megaupload for another for example

haha how embarrassing !! i didn't scroll down the page. thanks.

Guest azza6

Hey guys, Froyo working pretty well! But need some tips to get it working fully..

-Angry birds (big white squares? not really working..) Not very important.

-Phone doesn't 'wake' when receiving a message. Is that an android thing? :/

-No vibrate on call/message? Very important for me when on silent. Maybe I missed some setting? :S

-Any LED torch that works? Tried a few but couldn't find one.

Cheers for the amazing android! :unsure:

Guest Sinistersky

how do i set android to boot with the cube key at startup?

How do i install angry birds patched for spica withouth an sd card? i can't enter the storage at all if i remove the sd card...

Guest andylau
someone mentioned here that it is possible to set haret.exe to boot when you press the cube button...how?

you can create a shortcut of haret.exe in start menu,and then go to settings-buttons-personal button,button 1,select haret

Edited by andylau

Guest Sinistersky
you can create a shortcut of haret.exe in start menu,and then go to settings-buttons-personal button,button 1,select haret

thank you... :unsure:

Guest ajpb luso

post-638602-1305744636_thumb.pngpost-638602-1305744013_thumb.png

After several tests have already assumed that the influence of active network wm before opening the android!

In the version of bin phone has influence and the best for the android is Phone_I8000XXJF1.bin

The proof is there and use it now but I is optimal! :P

Lack bluetooth.Greetings the dev-team

Guest andre02

I am using in my android ii Omnia a few weeks and am really enjoying it. There is support for multi-touch Omnia II?

*Pt-br: Eu estou usando o android em meu Omnia ii a algumas semanas e estou gostando muito. Gostaria de saber se existe suporte multi-touch para o Omnia II ?

Thanks

Guest PuCiNhOOO
I am using in my android ii Omnia a few weeks and am really enjoying it. There is support for multi-touch Omnia II?

*Pt-br: Eu estou usando o android em meu Omnia ii a algumas semanas e estou gostando muito. Gostaria de saber se existe suporte multi-touch para o Omnia II ?

Thanks

Pt-Pt -> Não, o Omnia 2 tem um ecrã resistivo. Este tipo de ecrãs não suporta multi-toque.

Eng -> No, Omnia 2 has a resistive screen, and it doen's suport multi-touch.

Guest PuCiNhOOO
Hey guys, Froyo working pretty well! But need some tips to get it working fully..

-Angry birds (big white squares? not really working..) Not very important.

-Phone doesn't 'wake' when receiving a message. Is that an android thing? :/

-No vibrate on call/message? Very important for me when on silent. Maybe I missed some setting? :S

-Any LED torch that works? Tried a few but couldn't find one.

Cheers for the amazing android! :P

Chose Vibrate mode instead!

The message vibrate, you have to set it on the message options. when in messages, you press the cube button for options menu, and in setting, go all down and you will find the vibration set =)

Guest andre02
Pt-Pt -> Não, o Omnia 2 tem um ecrã resistivo. Este tipo de ecrãs não suporta multi-toque.

Eng -> No, Omnia 2 has a resistive screen, and it doen's suport multi-touch.

Eng- Thanks for the reply.

Pt-br- Muito obrigado pela rápida resposta.

Guest azza6

Chose Vibrate mode instead!

The message vibrate, you have to set it on the message options. when in messages, you press the cube button for options menu, and in setting, go all down and you will find the vibration set =)

Will try this. :P

Guest hirophang

hello guys,

i want to have the battery with percentage,

but i cant find any of it,

did i miss something or...

some1 help me plz! thanks a lot!!

Guest lliyany

Thank you for your brilliant work!

I'm not technical guy. i am sorry for not testing beta version.

Can anyone tell me when will issue the Ultimate Edition?

Thank you very much!

Guest problematika
hello guys,

i want to have the battery with percentage,

but i cant find any of it,

did i miss something or...

some1 help me plz! thanks a lot!!

Just type in Market - battery widget....and you will find a lot of different widgets with percentage! Cheers!

Guest voyteckst
Please Dev. Team.

Do you make a new kernel for added sensors?

Thank you.

Yes, but kernel is not finished now. It's new kernel, not the older which You are currently using.

Guest coffeeguy

Has anyone found a working solution for a sleep of death?

I cannot make it work, I have tried on a clean install thinking that maybe some of the widgets is causing the problem, I tried almost all of the newer 2D/3D libraries, but still I get random SOD, and pulling out the battery is the only cure.

I have purchased Samsung Galaxy Ace for my wife a few days ago, and apart from the better display on our beloved I8000, that phone is sooo much faster, so I was wondering, since they are similar spec phones (800Mhz processor) , can those drivers, or any other part of its software can be used to speed up our phone. To me, in normal operation, and speed wise Omnia II feels more like HTC Tattoo/Wildfire..

Guest tjeerdos

thanks everybody for all the great work you all did.

you made me love android very much so that's why i did order the galaxy s 2.

i hope to have him in about 2 weeks can't wait..

post-610561-1305829939_thumb.jpg