Android on Omnia II - i8000 (18.04.2011)

Guest almar

Guest wakakakaka
Hi all, I'm trying to install android but i get error:

can't find ext2.tar.gz

Kernel Panic, reboot in 30 seconds

I've formatted with Samsung Tools and with pc but i have this error.

Sorry for my english, How i resolve?

same problem here, would definitely like some guidance

btw, tried goggling it, turns out it should be related to the radio version?? juz wanna know for the guys who are using the android without any problem, wht version of radio / wm build are u using?

thx!

Guest danix2k

Hey everybody,

first thanks to the devs for the good work!

I have started the first haret.exe on the o2beta folder -> ok, no bugs..

Then i started the second haret.exe on the root.. its booting.. now i see the "android" logo.. how long does take the first boot? I wait since 3-4 minutes ;)

greetings

Dani

edit:

when i see the android animation it takes aber 20 sec then freeze the animation..? its a bug? or i do something wrong?

Edited by danix2k

Guest TIEfighter

Has anyone successfully synced his/her contacts with google sync? It doesn´t work for me...

oh, and is there a way to just turn off the device? :-D

Edited by TIEfighter

Guest voyteckst
Has anyone successfully synced his/her contacts with google sync? It doesn´t work for me...

It works out of the box. It synchronized just after registration.

To poweroff, simply hold lock button and then hit Power Off.

Edited by voyteckst

Guest djsolidsnake86

fantastic, with that updated files, now the phone don't freeze, guys wm replaced totally!!!! i wait for the update for low power consumation ;) :)

thank you almar, sandor, phj of heart!!

Guest TIEfighter
It works out of the box. It synchronized just after registration.

To poweroff, simply hold lock button and then hit Power Off.

thanks, after a reboot it now works :-)

Guest rumucor

Hello boys. Its true, with the update the phone not frezze. But i have a problem. Yesterday i could conect wifi, but today, when i try, i cant. He says every time "disconnected"

Hello boys. Its true, with the update the phone not frezze. But i have a problem. Yesterday i could conect wifi, but today, when i try, i cant. He says every time "disconnected"

Turn off (WIFI), turn on....wait! Be patient.

During the entire installation procedure the most important thing, to be patient, and always press WAIT if necessary. And you need a WIFI to success, because GSM data connection not works yet

Sandor

Edited by bsbsbs

Guest Sinistersky
fantastic, with that updated files, now the phone don't freeze, guys wm replaced totally!!!! i wait for the update for low power consumation ;) :)

thank you almar, sandor, phj of heart!!

how do you update the files lol xD i downloaded it..now what?

Guest voyteckst

Please read carefully http://o2droid.phj.hu/index_en.php. Almost all is written there.

PS. There is an app called "WiFi Manager" - it's really good and connects very fast. Also if I can suggest something - install eg. Launcher Pro and set it as default after reboot. I really speeds up whole system.

Edited by voyteckst

Guest voyteckst
how can i do for fix the andriod??

To tell the truth, it wasn't tested on B7610. Only on I8000. But if the hardware is the same, it should work (are there any differences?).

Guest TIEfighter

So, my friends, i think it´s time for a donation :-) Where can I donate? I know this has been discussed before, but a lot of time has passed and i want to make sure my (first) donation will get to the right people!

Oh, and btw: i highly recommend launcher pro and Opera Mobile for Android :-) Way more performant on our 02s than the standard homescreend and browser

Edited by TIEfighter

I HATE THIS WORLD!

Yesterday mornig I gave my Omnia2 away to the service and I´ll have to wait about a week, until I get it back ;)

When I came back home, the beta was online :)

Thanks guys for your work. I will test as soon as possible!

Regards

So, my friends, i think it´s time for a donation :-) Where can I donate? I know this has been discussed before, but a lot of time has passed and i want to make sure my (first) donation will get to the right people!

Oh, and btw: i highly recommend launcher pro and Opera Mobile for Android :-) Way more performant on our 02s than the standard homescreend and browser

Me and PHJ work for absolutely free.

Our work is a GIFT for the community.

Tanks,

Sandor, PHJ

Guest Rapid81

Where do I need to copy my ringtones and backgrounds so I can use those? I only have an 512MB microSD and because of this, there's no SD card under the android.

And btw, someone can recommend me an iGO like navigation software, maybe for free? ;)

And I recommend the Alarm Clock Plus, and the WiFi and Silent mode On/Off by CurveFish. :)

Edited by Rapid81

Guest kydkylin
So, my friends, i think it´s time for a donation :-) Where can I donate? I know this has been discussed before, but a lot of time has passed and i want to make sure my (first) donation will get to the right people

Yeah, of course.

I've already made my first donation to almar, though not so much:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_...gif%3aNonHosted

Hope all the dev team members:almar,bs,phj could share our thanks finacially to them:)

Guest Sinistersky

ok...updated the rom with everything possible...have been on it for about 30 or more minutes and been using apps from the market and most of them seem to work flawlesly xD it doesnt freeze at all anymore wich is awesome...just fixing the batterly life will be the awesomest thing in my life..i don't even need all that other stuff anymore xD

EDIT: Thank you soooo freaking much for this guys!! THIS IS EPIC!! I can't tell you how long a day it was today after i saw the news at about 7 AM in school...I was freaking out and the result is just amazing! This is some awesome piece of coding and time gone into this and i just wanna say i greatly appreciate the things you have done here! THANK YOU!!

Edited by Sinistersky

Guest Martin1990
with that files?

how do you installed it?

the system folder where must be collocated?

I just downloaded the file and put it in my storage, start harret.exe and he will auto update it on start.

It's still working now for 2 and a half hour, problems:

- Time is incorrect

lookin for more bugs (don't got the baidu freeze bug)

THNX THNX THNX to the Devs