19/Nov r14: VISIONary + one click root

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest simpelsense

hey everybody,

i´m a proud owner of a german g2 desire z and for sure i want to root it now.

my question is: can i use the same rom for my german device as for the us desire Z?

im thinking of problems with less internal storage and the different keyboardlayout.

thx for any reply

I have the MyTouch 4g (T-Mobile in the USA), downloaded this app, installed it and followed the above instructions. The reason for installing this is to be able to uninstall all bloatware installed by tmo. Downloaded and uninstall(root) and tried to uninstall the crapware. While it removed it from the app drawer, when I rebooted, they all came back. DOES THIS TEMP ROOT REALLY WORK? OR IS MORE SMOKE AND MIRRORS? Remember I fillowed the instructions above before you reply. I do hope there is a way to root this device and have it working the way I want. HELP!!

Guest AlThePost
After I have temp rooted the phone, do I need to check any of the boxes before clicking permanently root?

No, once you've got temp root immediately select "permanently root". Leave the other options well alone, and after the enforced reboot you should have permanent root. At least that's how it worked for me on Saturday.

I also have been trying to use SetCpu, but I can’t move the speed slider over 800MHz, which I believe is the stock for the HTC G2.

HTC lock the stock kernel so it can't be overclocked normally. With SetCPU open, if you select MENU you'll see a button for "Perflock Disabler". Read the warning and try it at your own risk; it may work, it may not, or it may crash your handset. Whatever happens, nothing persists after a restart unless you select "Set on boot" so DON'T enable this until you're confident that the device is stable!

HTH

Guest trench619
No, once you've got temp root immediately select "permanently root". Leave the other options well alone, and after the enforced reboot you should have permanent root. At least that's how it worked for me on Saturday.

HTC lock the stock kernel so it can't be overclocked normally. With SetCPU open, if you select MENU you'll see a button for "Perflock Disabler". Read the warning and try it at your own risk; it may work, it may not, or it may crash your handset. Whatever happens, nothing persists after a restart unless you select "Set on boot" so DON'T enable this until you're confident that the device is stable!

HTH

The temp root works just fine, but when I try to do the permanent root it doesn’t work. The phone re-boots and then comes back up not rooted.

Also, in setcpu I clicked "Perflock Disabler" like you stated. It does its business and then says “Perflock Disabler appears to be disabled”. But after that, I can’t move the scaling bar any higher than 806MHz.

I appreciate any help you could give me. This is driving me crazy. I have also tried to overclock with the method described in this post http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=813681 but I can’t get that to work either. The issues I’m having with the method I posted the link for are as follows:

“I can't seem to get my G2 to overclock with this method and it’s driving me crazy. Within GScript Lite I have added the script for the 4 files (cpoc, noreboot, oc, and oshittt). I have also placed vision_oc file in the root of the SD card.

I first run the cpoc file and it seems to work just fine, no errors… I get the reply “Script Finished”

But, when I attempt to run the oc file to gain 1GHz speed, I get the error “stderr: insmod: init_module ‘/data/local/vision_oc.ko’ failed (Exe format error).”

Guest AlThePost
I appreciate any help you could give me.

I wish I could help, but my level of knowledge simply isn't up to it. I did see a thread on XDA earlier today concerning the inability to gain perm root on the most recent Vodafone Zs due to (iirc) a different kernel, so perhaps something similar applies in your case. The thread is here - it might be useful to compare kernel/build numbers to see if there's anything in common?

Sorry I can't be of any more help.

Guest trench619
I wish I could help, but my level of knowledge simply isn't up to it. I did see a thread on XDA earlier today concerning the inability to gain perm root on the most recent Vodafone Zs due to (iirc) a different kernel, so perhaps something similar applies in your case. The thread is here - it might be useful to compare kernel/build numbers to see if there's anything in common?

Sorry I can't be of any more help.

It's all good man, thanks for trying. This whole thing is pissing me off. Make me not even want the G2 anymore. paid out the ass for it and now I can't get perma-root or overclock it. Not sure why some peoples G2's work and other dont. Guess there's all diffrent kind of code versions for the same phone. All my friends with Galaxy S's and Droids are all rooted and overclocked and im stuck with some stock ass G2. Really bummin me out and making me hate my phone perchas :P

Guest ejwkamstra

Hi Paul,

I just got my Desire Z and immediately used your Visionary. Wow it works great for "temproot", but I do not get "Permroot", somehow it reboots and I can get in to "superuser" but not in any of the system folders to achieve "S-Off". With temproot I can at least, with some help of other programs get my Desire Z to over clock to 1.42 GHz. So great job Paul. I hope I can "permroot" it later with the new revision of Visionary!

Best regards

Edwin

Guest Mogul B. God

I have a bit of a problem, I used VISIONary+ r14 and achieved temproot but when I tried to permroot the phone rebooted and stuck at the HTC boot screen. I applied the T-MO US OTA update and I'm still stuck. Any ideas on how to fix it?

Guest delevic

On my Htc I temproot first time successfully , but after I was restarted phone , I can't root it again. Any Idea?

Edited by delevic

Guest delevic

The problem is just in application which I was moved to sd card. I just put it back on phone memory and start working again without any restarting or uninstalling applications .

So I find a problem I think. The problem is with applications which are moved form phone memory to sd-card. And after rebooting phone VISIONary+ r14 have some problem. Just move it back to phone memory ( settings\applicatons\manage applications) and start VISIONary+ r14 again.

But I have one advice for all , first un-root phone than restart him maybe help. And do not move unnecessary applications to sd card.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest tehjiao

Hi Paul!

THANKS FOR YOUR EFFORT!

I've able to temp root my Desire Z, would like to try for Permanent root but worry about Safety net, where can i look for copy of stock rom? My Desire Z is version 1.34.707.5

Thanks again.

Edited by tehjiao

• 1 month later...
Guest zac_df1

Hi,

searching for a possibility to root my phone, I found your great tool ! :huh:

I have installed Visionary+ on my Desire Z (Android 2.2.1, Build 1.82.405.1 CL317545 release keys).

I'm trying to permanently root my phone. Along that I try to temproot it.

Temproot does take some time and then a black screen occurs (headline still visible). Pression multiple times the home button makes it possible to return to the apps overview. Trying to restart Visionary+ is not possible, as pressing the app does not start the app. After restarting the phone I can start all over having the same results.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Best regards

;-)

Guest wrongman
Hi,

searching for a possibility to root my phone, I found your great tool ! :huh:

I have installed Visionary+ on my Desire Z (Android 2.2.1, Build 1.82.405.1 CL317545 release keys).

Temproot does take some time and then a black screen occurs (headline still visible). Pression multiple times the home button makes it possible to return to the apps overview. Trying to restart Visionary+ is not possible, as pressing the app does not start the app. After restarting the phone I can start all over having the same results.

Best regards

;-)

Same problem here, can't temp root.

HTC Desire HD

software: 1.72.405.3

kernel: 2.6.32.21 htc-kernel

build: 1.72.405.3

At boot:

Microp-0438

Edited by wrongman

Guest enterusername

Can someone please help,

I'm using remove unroot and it's not unrooting my device. I have S-ON turned on only thing left is to unroot the device.

Any suggestions why its not working??

It says it does not appear to be rooted.

But when I do su it obviously is..

Edited by enterusername

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ubiquist
Hi,

searching for a possibility to root my phone, I found your great tool ! :D

Best regards

;-)

seems it is not possible to run visionary with 1.82 build. (http://www.android-hilfe.de/root-hacking-modding-fuer-htc-desire-z/83965-desire-z-rooten-mit-visionary-oder-gfree.html#post1136405) in case you find a solution, please let me know. i got the same issue. thanx

• 2 weeks later...
Guest phlox33

Best regards

;-)

exactly the same on my phone

- HTC Desire Z

- Android 2.2.1

- Kernel 2.6.32.21

- Build 1.82.405.1

thanks in advance for fixing it!

Guest wickfordblue

Hi,

I have a Desire Z with the following :-

android 2.2.1

kernel 2.6.33.21

Software 1.72.161.1

I've loaded VISIONary and can't tell if it's working or not. I click on the icon and choose Temproot now. The screen then displays the logo saying please wait, after a while the screen just goes black but you can still see the bar at the top of the screen.

Please can someone tell me if it's working or not and then what apps can I use to explore the phone in full.

Thanks,

Jonathan

Guest shirvind

Hi

Trying to install VISIONary downloaded from the link in this post and getting warning from AVG antivirus: "Installed package com.modaco.visionaryplus is infected"

Is it because antivirus identified exploit use and trying to warn me or this APK was infected on hosting server?

Please advise

Edited by shirvind

• 3 weeks later...
Guest EnigmaticSoul

Like the others before me, I am also experiencing the "blank screen" behaviour.

- Android 2.2.1

- Kernel 2.2.32.21-g132894e

- Build number 1.84.662.2

• 1 month later...