Desire HD Volume Much Too Low

Guest worcester4x4

Guest worcester4x4

Googling around I don't think I'm the only one to experience this issue.

The ring tone volume, even at max is way, way too quiet to be usable. I can hardly hear it in a quiet room, once it's in a pocket and in a normal non-silent environment it's inaudible.

Has anyone heard of a fix for this?

Guest El Nino9
Googling around I don't think I'm the only one to experience this issue.

The ring tone volume, even at max is way, way too quiet to be usable. I can hardly hear it in a quiet room, once it's in a pocket and in a normal non-silent environment it's inaudible.

Has anyone heard of a fix for this?

yea its called buying a zte blade :rolleyes:

only joking. i personally have no issues with ringtones only loud speaker is rubbish. somtimes the volume is really low after being on silent for some reason i have to keep pressing volume to increase it :S

Guest bigdish

Volume level is poor and the loudspeaker can't handle high levels say when using Poweramp without distortion.

Sat Nav voice in the car is barely audible.

Have contacted HTC support but they were not very helpful.

The speaker problem is my only gripe with this great phone.

r

Andrew

Guess there was no money to built in a proper speaker :rolleyes: I missed two calls while the phone was lying with speaker downside on my bed, somehow the linen seemed to filter the so low sound on max volume, that i couldn't even hear it 2 meters away. I even missed two mails this way even though the phone was lying right next to me...

Gotta try this poweramp app and see if it is tweakable just a tiny little bit.

I don't think HTC can and will change this, as they would have to built a completely new phone (kinda). Secretly I hope there's a problem with the phones so the battery might burn and they have to recall all phones and give the new ones a better speaker then, too :huh: but that's just a stupid dream :huh:

Edited by Guest

Guest worcester4x4

I emailed HTC support with a complaint about the speaker volume. They replied telling me how to access the volume controls in settings!

I've emailed them back to explain..... :rolleyes:

I also emailed T-Mob support with the same question, I've yet to get an answer.

Go to the sound settings, turn everything right down to zero and then back up again. This was a suggested fix from HTC directly and it seems to have worked for me.....strangely.

Guest mohit1234
Go to the sound settings, turn everything right down to zero and then back up again. This was a suggested fix from HTC directly and it seems to have worked for me.....strangely.

awesome!!

it actually works :huh:

thanks a lot!! :rolleyes:

Guest mohit1234
Made no difference here :rolleyes:

hmmmm thts weird

in mine i didnt get a massive increase in volume after doing this but, still much much better than b4

try rebooting and then doing this, it might work...

Guest worcester4x4
hmmmm thts weird

in mine i didnt get a massive increase in volume after doing this but, still much much better than b4

try rebooting and then doing this, it might work...

Just tried that as well. Turned all sound to off in Settings, rebooted and then turned back up.

No difference.

I returned mine because of the low volume issue, in my job I'm out about regularly & the phone normally resides in my trouser or jacket pocket & I probably missed 99% of all incoming calls bcoz I couldn't hear it rringing. Even the regular HTC desire I had before this was louder. Anyway I got myself a an Orange San Francisco as interim phone & no problems with the ringer, but I do miss the speed & large screen.

Guest ange335

Another idea...

Is there an equalizer which one not only works @musicpralyers??

I mean an equalizer that works from booting android?

I have nearly the same problem with my acer aspire 5553G (Notebook), i play arround at the equalizer and the sound realy get much better....

Well, DHD isn´t a notebook, but it is possible an equalizer get more out of it!

Guest worcester4x4
Another idea...

Is there an equalizer which one not only works @musicpralyers??

I mean an equalizer that works from booting android?

I have nearly the same problem with my acer aspire 5553G (Notebook), i play arround at the equalizer and the sound realy get much better....

Well, DHD isn´t a notebook, but it is possible an equalizer get more out of it!

Interesting idea, but I don't think there is such a thing, not as part of the standard Android install anyway.

Thanks for the idea though.

Edited by worcester4x4