ROM cm6 AIO v7 (based on beta 0.40)

Guest Richard_Arkless

I know I changed the lcd density from 160 to 140, this makes it seem that you have a higher resolution device when in fact it shrinks everything so it displays more content, ive compared things like pictures and books and things look much nicer at 140

Richard YOU DA MAN !!!

Thnx boy... Holla

Guest Richard_Arkless
Richard YOU DA MAN !!!

Thnx boy... Holla

lol thanks, Im gonna be sticking with the pulse for an extra couple of months and im starting to notice that all the good rom developers like flb and tom have moved to the zte blade or the other phones so im going to help this community to the best of my abilities

Guest karlosoliveira
Yea I use barnacle and so far no problems with cm6

i´m trying right now your rom and til now works great! barnacle give an error at first time but now seems ok.

Guest karlosoliveira
i´m trying right now your rom and til now works great! barnacle give an error at first time but now seems ok.

nop.. wep don´t work in barnacle. gives error

Guest zed2012

Just flashed this from the original cyanogen mod realise and it just goes into a reboot cycle, t-mobile log comes up and then a black screen for a few moments then reboots?

Weird thing is cyanogen mod works fine but when i try to flash the OC kernal it refuses to boot, any ideas??

thanks,

Guest Richard_Arkless
Just flashed this from the original cyanogen mod realise and it just goes into a reboot cycle, t-mobile log comes up and then a black screen for a few moments then reboots?

Weird thing is cyanogen mod works fine but when i try to flash the OC kernal it refuses to boot, any ideas??

thanks,

you have got a pulse.....right

If you have then try wiping it and also make sure you are on the official uk 2.1 update

Edited by Richard_Arkless

Guest zed2012

yep its a pulse U8220 (brothers, i have a blade B) ). I wiped everything tried it twice with this rom and numerous times with the other OC kernal / roms.

Am back on the original cyanogin rom rc0, did try flash without wipe - still same problem.

Weird stuff..

Guest Richard_Arkless
yep its a pulse U8220 (brothers, i have a blade B) ). I wiped everything tried it twice with this rom and numerous times with the other OC kernal / roms.

Am back on the original cyanogin rom rc0, did try flash without wipe - still same problem.

Weird stuff..

whats official update has it got, I always recommend at this point to just update to the latest and greatest just in case there is something in the previous updates from tre or hungarian which doesnt like this kernel

Guest karlosoliveira
try ticking "skip wpa supplicant"

i have done it and give a error too. it lauch the ad hoc network but the other devices have connection but don´t register in the pulse

Guest Richard_Arkless
i have done it and give a error too. it lauch the ad hoc network but the other devices have connection but don´t register in the pulse

I dunno whats up with it, Ive always felt that barnacle was always a hit and miss with our phone, sometimes it would work for me and sometimes it wont want to work, maybe you can try some alternatives see if it has the same problem

Try this one: http://www.appbrain.com/app/wireless-tethe.../android.tether

Guest Richard_Arkless
hello everyone.. I dont understand :)

I speak spanish xD

hola a todos! no entiendo nada, yo hablo español xD

Lo que no te entiendo?, Si usted tiene alguna pregunta, solo pregunte y nosotros haremos nuestro mejor esfuerzo para ayudar a todas las formas posibles

El poder de Google Translate B)

English version

What dont you understand?, if you have any questions then just ask and we will do our best to help you any way possible

The power of google translate :)

Guest Richard_Arkless
can i change the lcd density back to 160? my eyes are not so good and for me the icons are to small

Yes by editing the line "ro.sf.lcd_density" in build.prop under system and change it back to 160, if your willing to wait a bit I will create a flashable zip which has the modified build.prop so all you have to do is flash it

'the lcd density has been reduced from 160 to 140 '

What does this mean? Is the resolution bigger or smaller. Why is this better?

This makes it seem that you have a higher resolution device when in fact it shrinks everything so it displays more content, ive compared things like pictures and books and things look much nicer at 140

Guest suriya83
Yes by editing the line "ro.sf.lcd_density" in build.prop under system and change it back to 160, if your willing to wait a bit I will create a flashable zip which has the modified build.prop so all you have to do is flash it

thank you! you are a good man

Guest thisweb

This makes it seem that you have a higher resolution device when in fact it shrinks everything so it displays more content, ive compared things like pictures and books and things look much nicer at 140

Thanks, sounds good. What is the battery life like with this overclock kernal and can it be reduced to 691 using SetCPU?

Guest Richard_Arkless
Thanks, sounds good. What is the battery life like with this overclock kernal and can it be reduced to 691 using SetCPU?

its okish, not as good as before when I was on flb 1 my phone now lasts about 2 days and wifi, data and 3g was off and at 710mhz

I think the fact is cm6 is not as lightweight as we hoped for with a 2.2 rom and because of that it slows down after graduate usage and battery doesnt last as long as if on a 2.1 rom and even when we were porting original 2.2

Yes you can reduce it to 691 using setcpu

Guest zed2012

Thanks for that Richard, just tried it now using the official update from the link in the ultimate pulse guide, all was well until i installed clockwork recovery, when i try to enter it sometimes it freezes after 2 seconds sometimes after 20 ??

I tried amon recovery but that says verfication failed, and cant find an option to disable verification.

ONCE in a while i do get to flashing it and it give me an error .. E: Error in /sdcard/AIOr2.zip (Status 0) installation aborted

I have wiped eveything and all partitions. The official ROM i am using is from http://support.t-mobile.co.uk/library/TMOB...20Android21.zip

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Guest jekin77

@Richard_Arkless

can you make flashable rom with lcd density = 160, beacause some aplications like Sygic Mobile Nav ,Rom Manager and other have problems to display their content correct.

Thanks!

Guest Richard_Arkless
@Richard_Arkless

can you make flashable rom with lcd density = 160, beacause some aplications like Sygic Mobile Nav ,Rom Manager and other have problems to display their content correct.

Thanks!

Yes of course, I already said to suriya83 that I plan on making one, possibly tonight (UK time)

Thanks for that Richard, just tried it now using the official update from the link in the ultimate pulse guide, all was well until i installed clockwork recovery, when i try to enter it sometimes it freezes after 2 seconds sometimes after 20 ??

I tried amon recovery but that says verfication failed, and cant find an option to disable verification.

ONCE in a while i do get to flashing it and it give me an error .. E: Error in /sdcard/AIOr2.zip (Status 0) installation aborted

I have wiped eveything and all partitions. The official ROM i am using is from http://support.t-mobile.co.uk/library/TMOB...20Android21.zip

Any ideas?

Thanks.

You need clockwork to perform this update as they have a different update system, so when does it freeze at the rom manager bit or when you enter recovery

I havent heard of others having this problem and nearly everyone is on the UK update because its newer

As a side question you know with the san francisco you can set a different background for the lockscreen, can we use this? I assume its in an apk and all we have to do is copy it over