FREE SIM unlock codes for Orange San Francisco and ZTE Blade

Guest Arr Too

Guest deusum86
I think it's more likely that you're using a ROM that doesn't check the lock.

Why do you think it's better to use a ROM instead of the unlock codes? I rather unlock it because then you will never have trouble with any ROM. I'm also not concerned about warranty because here in switzerland they exchanged my unlocked device without complaints...

Guest Arr Too
Why do you think it's better to use a ROM instead of the unlock codes?

I suppose the two different approaches might have different legal interpretations in different countries (unlocking is legal in the UK and using a different ROM just invalidates your warranty [if they find out]). Once you are unlocked via a code you ought to be unlocked on any ROM (although there are techniques becoming available that might change that...).

Guest samjam

I went to unlock my phone and (unless the BladeUnlock apk does the unlock now - and I don't think it does) my phone was already unlocked! I stuck in my giffgaff sim and was online able to make and receive calls with no need to enter any codes!

I guess I have a refurbished phone originally owned perhaps by someone on this forum even!

So.. whoever it was - thanks!

Sam

Update: my own calculator app (runs on the phone itself -- for people worried about IMEI security), or my own web calculator hosted here:

http://arrtoo.x10.mx/unlockBlade.php

-- Original post --

I got my unlock code from NckCodes, but it looks like this site works FOR FREE!!!!

http://www.nextgenserver.com/calculator/

Put your IMEI in, select ZTE, leave the default model as ZTE BLUEBELT, pop in the not-a-robot code. In the box above the IMEI you'll receive your code. Gave me the same code as Nckcodes sent me.

Some further instructions so you don't have to look elsewhere (and see also Paul's video below):

1. Use the dialler and enter this to see your IMEI: *#06# (don't press Call!).
  2. Get your unlock code from the site above.
  3. Double-check you used the correct IMEI number -- it's free to retry!
  4. Turn off your phone.
  5. Open the back.
  6. Remove the battery.
  7. Remove the (Orange?) SIM card.
  8. Insert a SIM card from a different operator.
  9. Replace battery.
  10. Replace back.
  11. Turn on phone.
  12. (If prompted, enter any personal [4-digit?] PIN number that you may have set on the new SIM.)
  13. Now you should be prompted to enter the 8-digit unlock code ("SIM network unlock PIN"). Do it carefully!
This free code calculator is also available at their parent site:

http://www.jictechnology.co.uk/calculator

Currently linked to by the top news item in their News section on the left of their home page: http://www.jictechnology.co.uk/

Note: if you have problems with getting a Data connection on your new SIM then you're probably running a ROM that doesn't include the APN settings for your new phone service provider. You can remedy this by adding the correct APN details manually by following the advice in this thread.

Paul's video on the unlocking process is below and

(this bit borrowed from here).

<p>

<object width="853" height="505"><param name="movie" value="

?fs=1&hl=en_US&hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
?fs=1&hl=en_US&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>

To unlock this phone for FREE just instal BladeUnlock.apk file on your phone.

in 1 sec It shows your IMEI and NCK Unlocking Code.

Thats it.

It works 100%.

Cheers.

Dont give any money for IT !!!!!!!

I got my hands on the "new" switzerland OK blade. its black glossy and shiny.looks very nice and the cover fits much better.

software version is same as orange version before but i noticed a difference.

the devices cant be unlocked with the switzerland rom. if you insert a different sim card the unloack dialog does not appear, the device boots but no network.

i had to flash uk stock roms to get hte device into the unlock dialog. then unlocking works fine.

Guest StevenHarperUK
I got my hands on the "new" switzerland OK blade. its black glossy and shiny.looks very nice and the cover fits much better.

software version is same as orange version before but i noticed a difference.

the devices cant be unlocked with the switzerland rom. if you insert a different sim card the unloack dialog does not appear, the device boots but no network.

i had to flash uk stock roms to get hte device into the unlock dialog. then unlocking works fine.

Nice work - I will add it to common problems : done

(Switzerland rom) I am trying to Unlock my Phone to use another SIM but I don't get the prompt

The ZTE blade cannot be unlocked with the switzerland rom.

If you insert a different sim card the unloack dialog does not appear, the device boots but no network.

You have to Flash the uk stock roms to get the device into the unlock dialog.

Then unlocking works fine.

Hi, I bought Japanese version of zte blade (softbank lebero 003z) and I would like to unlock it.

The screen to input unlock PIN disappointedly does not appear with an different carrier's sim card. How to show the screen?

Switch on -> the logo of softbank appear -> the android logo appear -> the clock, phone and sound lock appear -> slide the unlock button -> the USIM error with the button of emergency call appear

Thanks in advance.

Edited by mc6803

Guest Arr Too
The screen to input unlock PIN disappointedly does not appear with an different carrier's sim card. How to show the screen?

I did try to force the screen to appear, but (a) I couldn't get the right permissions and (b) if the code isn't actually on your phone then it obviously won't work!

Here's a possible workaround: replace Phone.apk on your Japanese 003Z with one that has been hacked to ignore the lock. I'm fairly sure that this one ought to be OK. Be sure to make a backup first, since Phone.apk is a critical app and if it's wrong it may stop all sorts of things from working.

Edited by Arr Too

Do we have a copy of this new Swiss ROM?

sorry, didnt dump it. version number is the same like the swiss orange one.

next week i get an other one , if there is some interesst i dump it.

Arr Too, thank you very much for your help!

I have understood your point to replace the Phone.apk. The problem is that the way seems to need root rights of my 003z, and I have not got it yet. Luckily, I have been small experiences to get root rights and transfer files to /system in a Motorola's android phone, so I will learn how to get the root rights in my 003z from MoDaCo forums first.

It may take long time for me because my spare time for 003z is limited. Anyway, I will report my results to this thread after I will have any results.

Thanks again!

Edited by mc6803