Sense 2.5 addons

Guest sh0rtyb

Guest sh0rtyb

I am using Ninjas NonSense PDA on a dc21 phone. Thing is there are some good updates to Cookies home editor and Facebook tab. Can I install these updates safely? ( I would try but have put alot of work into settings/customization atm hard reset would be a big set back)

I have done some reading but still unclear what will just pile up on my phone and what will actually overwrite when using a custom rom.

Thanks.

Edited by sh0rtyb

Guest amdzero
I am using Ninjas NonSense PDA on a dc21 phone. Thing is there are some good updates to Cookies home editor and Facebook tab. Can I install these updates safely? ( I would try but have put alot of work into settings/customization atm hard reset would be a big set back)

I have done some reading but still unclear what will just pile up on my phone and what will actually overwrite when using a custom rom.

Thanks.

I would suggest using spb backup to make a FULL backup of your phone. Then do the updates. If it doesn't work out, you can Hard Reset, and use the spb backup to do a FULL restore like nothing ever happened.

http://spb.com/products/backup/

Guest sh0rtyb
I would suggest using spb backup to make a FULL backup of your phone. Then do the updates. If it doesn't work out, you can Hard Reset, and use the spb backup to do a FULL restore like nothing ever happened.

http://spb.com/products/backup/

Nice I had no idea spb back was so powerful I will check it out could save me a lot of time being ima flashaholic lol, thanks amd I will repost any progress success I have

Guest amdzero
Nice I had no idea spb back was so powerful I will check it out could save me a lot of time being ima flashaholic lol, thanks amd I will repost any progress success I have

now, don't use spb to restore a FULL backup, unless it is the same EXACT rom. If you are going to just need your sms/phonebook/tasks/calendars/etc. Then I suggest using a rom with XDA_UC and use pimbackup to backup. Then copy the .pbc file in your Storage Card\XDA_UC folder and when you flash to a new rom (that has XDA_UC in it) you will get your personal stuff back (everything but installed programs). Kinda nice. And if you REALLY want to get everything back there is a way to make a .xml with your email settings that you can stick in your XDA_UC folder and that will be setup automatically for you on a new flash as well.