[ROM] [eclair] French Fries RLS5 [2010-11-18]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest kallt_kaffe
This sounds like a real deal breaker for me. Can anyone confirm please ?

Seems to be a kernel issue. Flashed the original kernel (both Orange and the french one) and pinch zoom works again. Another thing in the kernelsource that needs fixing...

Guest Freekers
Seems to be a kernel issue. Flashed the original kernel (both Orange and the french one) and pinch zoom works again. Another thing in the kernelsource that needs fixing...

Thanks for the headsup. Allright, will wait for the updated version then :rolleyes:

Guest oh!dougal

I don't think that logic is correct.

If the Kernel gives multi-touch in the Bouygues distro, why would the same Kernel NOT give multitouch to (some) browsers in the French Fries distro?

Seems more likely that a flag somewhere (Has Multitouch? Yes/No) has been (inadvertantly) changed in the FF distro ...

Doesn't this sound like the behaviour you'd expect from a changed flag?

Same with me too, apart from Opera Mobile, which is a bit strange because I tried the BaldeVillain rom before this one, and it was the other way round i.e all the other browsers had multi-touch but Opera Mobile didn't.
Edited by oh!dougal

Guest kallt_kaffe
I don't think that logic is correct.

If the Kernel gives multi-touch in the Bouygues distro, why would the same Kernel NOT give multitouch to (some) browsers in the French Fries distro?

I've compiled my own kernel from the ZTE sources. That's why I have EXT3 support and overclocking. And I've tried just replacing the kernel with the original one from both Orange and the french ROM and leaving everything else intact and multitouch in the browser starts working as soon as I replace the kernel and stops working as soon as I reflash with the kernel I compiled.

The kernel source that ZTE released is NOT exactly the same as what they've used. We've had to fix both the battery driver and the power button and now there's also something wrong with the touchscreen driver. :rolleyes:

Guest Freekers

My antivirus (Kaspersky Internet Security 2010) tells me there is a Trojan Program inside the .zip file ?

Exploit.Linux.Lotoor.c

http://www.securelist.com/en/descriptions/....Linux.Lotoor.c

EDIT: It seems to be a false positive caused by the method which is used to root this ROM.

Regarding the 'browser multi-touch issue'. From what I understand from reading this thread, is that Opera Mobile does not have this issue, and 'all' other browsers have. Could you please state which browsers you have tried so far ? Also, have you tried xScope ?

http://www.appbrain.com/app/xscope-browser-trial/sui.m

Edited by Freekers

Regarding the 'browser multi-touch issue'. From what I understand from reading this thread, is that Opera Mobile does not have this issue, and 'all' other browsers have. Could you please state which browsers you have tried so far ? Also, have you tried xScope ?

So far, I've tried the stock browser, Dolphin HD, xScope (trial version), and Miren (the MIUI browser).

Multi-touch "pinch to zoom" isn't working in any of these with this ROM.

It does, however, work in Google Maps!

Guest Freekers
So far, I've tried the stock browser, Dolphin HD, xScope (trial version), and Miren (the MIUI browser).

Multi-touch "pinch to zoom" isn't working in any of these with this ROM.

It does, however, work in Google Maps!

thanks for the reply.

So, it only works in Opera Mobile when it comes to browsers, right ?

Guest kallt_kaffe
thanks for the reply.

RLS5 will have the original kernel as an addon. You'll loose overclocking, EXT3 and swap/compcache with the original kernel.

thanks for the reply.

I've actually just retried it in xScope and it's working.

So that's actually Opera and xScope which work with multi-touch in this ROM.

But the others definitely don't!

RLS5 will have the original kernel as an addon. You'll loose overclocking, EXT3 and swap/compcache with the original kernel.

It would be a shame to lose all that just for multi-touch!

Guest oh!dougal
I've compiled my own kernel from the ZTE sources. That's why I have EXT3 support and overclocking. ...

The kernel source that ZTE released is NOT exactly the same as what they've used. We've had to fix both the battery driver and the power button and now there's also something wrong with the touchscreen driver. :rolleyes:

Congratulations! I think you are the first! I hadn't realised that was what you had done.

Wasn't there an issue with the proper wifi stuff not having been released? (I'd understood that that was stalling other folks.)

I have two versions of xScope installed.

XScope GL 155 version-> no multi-touch

XScope version 155-> multi-touch ok.

Strange

Edited by pr001

Congratulations! I think you are the first! I hadn't realised that was what you had done.

Wasn't there an issue with the proper wifi stuff not having been released? (I'd understood that that was stalling other folks.)

Probably have to do with ZTE not saving kernels when they are done with one phone as a snapshot. They just reuse the code for the next unit without saving the old. So they have probably changed something in a later model so it works with another module. I think this way of dealing with the source is not professional and a joke even for someone coding in the garage.

Guest kallt_kaffe

I had no issues with that. As long as you don't mess with the network settings in your .config the original ar6000.ko module works.

In RLS5 I've also enabled swap and swap free notify support (for better compcache support) and compiled the compcache module to go with it.

I've also fixed the power button problem in the kernel so it no longer needs a modified keylayout like RLS4 has (makes it easier for other ROM builders to use my kernel)

Also added a netfilter option that the wifi tether app needs (but the app force closes for other reason right now but I've reported that to the author)

Dont loose the A2SD Ext3 support - its one of the best things about this ROM!

No-one else seems to have incorporated it into their roms.

Saying that not being able to stream video that i previously could is a bit of a bugger :huh:

Cheers for the hard work anyway Kallt_Kaffe, appreciated :rolleyes:

+1 on both points!

Guest Flumpster

I don't know if this has been added before so just in case.

I have been using this firmware since I first had my SF and it wasn't until I needed a way to disable the data while not in wifi range that I noticed there is a setting missing that is in default and Pauls rom.

Wireless & Networks - Mobile Networks - Data Connection. This Setting comes directly above the Data Roaming Setting but is missing from your rom and I couldn't turn off.

Had to go Pauls R4 and make a custom one including a lot of the fixes from yours for now. If I'm missing something please let me know.

Edited by Flumpster

Guest Freekers
I've actually just retried it in xScope and it's working.

So that's actually Opera and xScope which work with multi-touch in this ROM.

But the others definitely don't!

Thanks for the update. And do both Opera versions work ? I'm referring to Opera Mobile and Opera Mini.

In RLS5 I've also enabled swap and swap free notify support (for better compcache support) and compiled the compcache module to go with it.

I've also fixed the power button problem in the kernel so it no longer needs a modified keylayout like RLS4 has (makes it easier for other ROM builders to use my kernel)

Also added a netfilter option that the wifi tether app needs (but the app force closes for other reason right now but I've reported that to the author)

When can we expect RLS5 ?

Another +1 from me on both points.

Guest Bob@Desire

Is it enough too wipe the cache or is a data wipe / factory reset nessesary?

I don't wanna to reinstall all my apps new!

Edited by Bob@Desire