[ROM][OLED+TFT] FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade

Guest Simon O

Guest targetbsp
why does my phone last not even 23 hours??i use wifi at home,and make a few odd calls,thats it really..

some of you that say it lasts 3-4 days,ur phones are deffinetely switched off

Well... you're doing it wrong! I can make CM7 last over 36 hours and its battery drain is appallingly high next to the Froyos!

Guest Len Ash
Well... you're doing it wrong! I can make CM7 last over 36 hours and its battery drain is appallingly high next to the Froyos!

I don't use FLB now, but battery life was the usual 2-4 days for me. JJ9 and MCR R12 similar-ish.

CM7 not so good as of now (on my TFT spare)

why does my phone last not even 23 hours??i use wifi at home,and make a few odd calls,thats it really..

some of you that say it lasts 3-4 days,ur phones are deffinetely switched off

Turn off GPS when you're not using it.

Turn off WIFI when you're not using it.

Turn off Bluetooth when you're not using it.

Turn off Data completely when you're not using it.

Set screen brightness to minimum.

By the way It's YOUR not UR.

Psi

Guest Len Ash
Turn off GPS when you're not using it.

Turn off WIFI when you're not using it.

Turn off Bluetooth when you're not using it.

Turn off Data completely when you're not using it.

Set screen brightness to minimum.

By the way It's YOUR not UR.

Psi

I leave data and GPS on at all times. Lots of syncing every 2 hours. GMail pushed ad hoc. I have BT on at least twice a day for ~ 1 hour total. WiFi tends to be left permanently on too... always sleeps with screen off, so no power drain issues.

Screen on Auto.

2-4 days battery life.

I use an app called settings profiles to save battery power based on my current location. I have things like wifi turned off when I'm not at home and brightness down.

Brightness is slightly higher when I'm at home and wifi is on, because I can charge whenever I need to. I have a whole bunch on top of this to dim the screen only at night time and such.

Edited by cacoe

Guest fioglenu

Jeee!

Nice to see you Flib'!

I have sold my pulse, but I used many of your roms on it ;-)

Now I'm happy, that you work on my new phone rom. :-D

... and how many well-known names... Paul, you, Tom-G... Nice!

The toy is just beginig!

Guest andycanada

Has anyone had problems sending sms messages while out of the country? I was in France and I could make calls, receive calls, and receive sms messages, but I could not send any messages. When I returned home sending messages worked again.

Just upgraded to flb-froyo-blade-r9b.zip.

Everything working better than expected but when I first used Market I got this error.

The application Market (process com.android.vending) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again Then it states "Force close"

I have tried again and I have cleared the Market cache etc.

I cannot get it to run.

What haven't I done?

It all worked perfectly on flb-froyo-blade-r8a.zip.

I have a similar problem. I've been running JJ9 for a while but thought I would try this rom due to its reported longer battery life. However I failed at the first hurdle:

I cleared cache and did a factory reset before loading flb-froyo-blade-r9b.zip (md5 was correct, btw).

Immediately after first boot I got "Complete action using: com.android.provision or Setup wizard" quickly followed by a HTC_IME mod (jonasl.ime) FC.

I managed to switch to the Gingerbread keyboard to avoid the HTC_IME FCs, and selected the com.android.provision option before setting up my google account, but as soon as I signed into the Market (via 3G) I got a FC.

I cleared/reset data, reinstalled and got the same thing again.

I also tried r8a (checking md5, doing the usual wipes, etc.) but got the same result.

I've resorted to going back to JJ9.

Guest Smudger0805

I have been using FLB since R6 and have been getting 3-4 days battery life. Since installing r9b my phone battery lasts about a day. This is with light use, wifi switched off most of the time and bluetooth and GPS switched off all the time. I have calibrated the battery, but this has had little effect.

I have noticed that when I boot the phone, task manager shows nearly every app installed running, which I don't think happened with other releases of the rom.

80 hr????? BULL*

On previous ROMs I could easly use it for 48h. This one lasted for 80h with mid use checking email, updating apps, few call, sms. No need to be rude m8.

Guest Qwertzycoatl
I have a similar problem. I've been running JJ9 for a while but thought I would try this rom due to its reported longer battery life. However I failed at the first hurdle:

I cleared cache and did a factory reset before loading flb-froyo-blade-r9b.zip (md5 was correct, btw).

Immediately after first boot I got "Complete action using: com.android.provision or Setup wizard" quickly followed by a HTC_IME mod (jonasl.ime) FC.

I managed to switch to the Gingerbread keyboard to avoid the HTC_IME FCs, and selected the com.android.provision option before setting up my google account, but as soon as I signed into the Market (via 3G) I got a FC.

I also tried r8a (checking md5, doing the usual wipes, etc.) but got the same result.

I wasn't aware that Flb had the HTC keyboard in it?

Is that something you have added?

Did you wipe the Davlik Cache also?

Some people have said that wiping System also works.

One final thing, what version of ClockWork are you using?

flb-froyo doesn't include htc_ime. did you add it yourself to /system/app ? did you forget to extract the lib files from the apk & put them in /system/lib ?

3 - cannot send any mms (sutck on sending...), and when I received them a download button appears, but if I press it, nothing happens (well, the button disappears and a downloading label appears)

Already tried another friends mms settings, already used apnpt (application that creates apn settings for all the major Portuguese networks), nothing seems to work

I seem to have the same problem on r9b - MMS messages stuck on 'sending...'

Have checked the APN settings for Giffgaff and they are correct. No other APNs defined (to confuse the s/w)

Text SMS works fine.

Anyone has any ideas to fix the MMS issue?

Everything else seems great - thanks FLB!

seg

Guest galorin

I am still getting the wifi disconnecting thing. DO I need to do anything to fix it with this ROM? I thought the fix was built in to the ROM, or have I just got a stubborn phone?

I wasn't aware that Flb had the HTC keyboard in it?

Is that something you have added?

Did you wipe the Davlik Cache also?

Some people have said that wiping System also works.

I had installed the HTC keyboard for use on a previously installed ROM but this should have been wiped, shouldn't it?

My method of wiping and installing the ROM was:

1. boot into recovery

2. wipe data/factory reset

3. wipe cache partition

4. advanced->wipe dalvic cache

5. install rom

6. reboot

One final thing, what version of ClockWork are you using?

I used 3.0.0.6 at first but, suspecting that might have something to do with the problem, went back to 2.5.1.8 (installing the zip file through clockwork) but got exactly the same result.

[EDIT]: I just tried again but this time I removed/replaced the battery before step 1 - and everything seems fine now. I hadn't realised how critical the battery removal part was - lesson learned! Apologies for wasting your time.

Edited by nrev

Guest Qwertzycoatl
I had installed the HTC keyboard for use on a previously installed ROM but this should have been wiped, shouldn't it?

My method of wiping and installing the ROM was:

1. boot into recovery

2. wipe data/factory reset

3. wipe cache partition

4. advanced->wipe dalvic cache

5. install rom

6. reboot

I used 3.0.0.6 at first but, suspecting that might have something to do with the problem, went back to 2.5.1.8 (installing the zip file through clockwork) but got exactly the same result.

[EDIT]: I just tried again but this time I removed/replaced the battery before step 1 - and everything seems fine now. I hadn't realised how critical the battery removal part was - lesson learned! Apologies for wasting your time.

3.0.0.5 or 6 should work fine with this ROM.

The only thing I can suggest is to format system then re-install after doing everything else you have done :huh:

Guest targetbsp
I am still getting the wifi disconnecting thing. DO I need to do anything to fix it with this ROM? I thought the fix was built in to the ROM, or have I just got a stubborn phone?

I thought it was rls10 we were waiting for for better wifi?

Guest targetbsp

Anyone have trouble with the superuser app? I had problems in rls 8 with apps sometimes hanging when they asked for permission and I'd have to task kill them and try again. I'd had the same in JJ so assumed the superuser app was just a bit rubbish. Then I put on MCR 12 and the superuser app was just fine so when I came back to FLB 8 I thought I'd try and fix the problem. After a google, I cleared the dalvik cache and superuser app data and it worked fine in 8. But I can't make it work fine in 9 - even carrying out the aforementioned clears.

Guest Qwertzycoatl
Anyone have trouble with the superuser app? I had problems in rls 8 with apps sometimes hanging when they asked for permission and I'd have to task kill them and try again. I'd had the same in JJ so assumed the superuser app was just a bit rubbish. Then I put on MCR 12 and the superuser app was just fine so when I came back to FLB 8 I thought I'd try and fix the problem. After a google, I cleared the dalvik cache and superuser app data and it worked fine in 8. But I can't make it work fine in 9 - even carrying out the aforementioned clears.

Is it on first request or is it when asking again for SU rights?