[ROM][OLED+TFT] FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade

Guest Simon O

Guest Baggy Pipes
I run FLB on the TFT I have, no problem. Likewise the OLED.

Try another ROM and if the same, RMA.

Just one other thing, try formatting /data and /system in CW as well as Wiping as usual... and perhaps reload CW...

Thanks for your reply.

Just wiped everything again using CW and loaded on Seb404's de-oranged eclair r9, it's still unstable, just the same so not this ROM.

Suppose I'd better put the stock ROM back on and return it to Argos to swap. Any tips?

I now got a strange thing with the camera:

It howes vertical lines. About 5 of them for camera, and probably double as much for video.

They are only shown on preview, when i actually make a shot the picture is ok.

The lines are basically also the view of the camera, just a few shades brigther.

Rather annoying.

I do not think I had this problem from the start. Would have to reinstall to verify though.

Anyone else seen this problem?

Also, i did not get any comments to my other problems:

- text to speech only in english for google search (is ok though from the gingerbread keyboard)

- battery info is not ok, Android System takes up most of the percentage (93%) always (but now at least shows mobile standby 3%. telephone inactivity 3%, camera 2%)

Other than those mentioned problems, this custom rom is great!

Guest hungryhamster

hi this is my first post just installed this rom r9b seem to have a problem conecting to wifi anyone help please thanks

sorry just sorted it cheers

Edited by hungryhamster

I now got a strange thing with the camera:

It howes vertical lines. About 5 of them for camera, and probably double as much for video.

They are only shown on preview, when i actually make a shot the picture is ok.

The lines are basically also the view of the camera, just a few shades brigther.

Rather annoying.

I do not think I had this problem from the start. Would have to reinstall to verify though.

Anyone else seen this problem?

Yes. This is a common problem. Reduce the vm-heapsize either to 32 or lower it in 8 MiB steps (32 - 24 - 16), till the camera works. After every reduction boot up the device TWICE! and try the camera.

hi this is my first post just installed this rom r9b seem to have a problem conecting to wifi anyone help please thanks

Seriously, ist it too much to ask to read the latest few postings on the last page of this thread? Your problem was mentioned here. Try it for yourself and give feedback if it works or even not works.

Guest dobbing
This is a known problem in FLB. Unfortunately the cause for the problem is not known, so there is no fix so far.

As a temporary solution you could use "Car Cast", it is not as slick and complete as Listen, but its free and does an OK job.

If you know your way around the Android system, please help to debug this problem. The cause for Listen failing seems to be that it can't find some java classes.

More discussion of the problem in this thread (but no solution): http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...-google-listen/

MrMcIntosh77-Thanks for the confirmation, background thread and suggestions. I'm not too clued up on debugging and the internal stuff myself (yet...) - but wondering if "HotUKDeals Droid" is failing for a similar reason (it's a very basic app and appears to simply timeout making a www request)? If it isn't too time consuming you might like to try quickly installing and tracing that timeout - perhaps it will show a similar error and perhaps might just shed some light on the Listen issue.

Guest dobbing
MrMcIntosh77-Thanks for the confirmation, background thread and suggestions. I'm not too clued up on debugging and the internal stuff myself (yet...) - but wondering if "HotUKDeals Droid" is failing for a similar reason (it's a very basic app and appears to simply timeout making a www request)? If it isn't too time consuming you might like to try quickly installing and tracing that timeout - perhaps it will show a similar error and perhaps might just shed some light on the Listen issue.

So I've installed CatLog and it looks like the "HotUKDeals Droid" issue is similarly Java class related:

02-26 18:44:56.448 E/JavaBinder(2189): *** Uncaught remote exception! (Exceptions are not yet supported across processes.)

02-26 18:44:56.448 E/JavaBinder(2189): java.lang.RuntimeException: Parcelable encounteredClassNotFoundException reading a Serializable object (name = com.gluestickapps.android.hukd.restapi.HUKDDeals)

02-26 18:44:56.448 E/JavaBinder(2189): at android.os.Parcel.readSerializable(Parcel.java:1951)

02-26 18:44:56.448 E/JavaBinder(2189): at android.os.Parcel.readValue(Parcel.java:1822)

02-26 18:44:56.448 E/JavaBinder(2189): at android.os.Parcel.readMapInternal(Parcel.java:2008)

02-26 18:44:56.448 E/JavaBinder(2189): at android.os.Bundle.unparcel(Bundle.java:208)

02-26 18:44:56.448 E/JavaBinder(2189): at android.os.Bundle.getInt(Bundle.java:912)

02-26 18:44:56.448 E/JavaBinder(2189): at android.content.Intent.getIntExtra(Intent.java:3325)

02-26 18:44:56.448 E/JavaBinder(2189): at android.app.ActivityThread$PackageInfo$ReceiverDispatcher$InnerReceiver.performReceive(ActivityThread.java:823)

02-26 18:44:56.448 E/JavaBinder(2189): at android.app.ActivityThread$ApplicationThread.scheduleRegisteredReceiver(ActivityThread.java:1732)

02-26 18:44:56.448 E/JavaBinder(2189): at android.app.ApplicationThreadNative.onTransact(ApplicationThreadNative.java:325)

02-26 18:44:56.448 E/JavaBinder(2189): at android.os.Binder.execTransact(Binder.java:288)

02-26 18:44:56.448 E/JavaBinder(2189): at dalvik.system.NativeStart.run(Native Method)

02-26 18:44:56.448 E/JavaBinder(2189): Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.gluestickapps.android.hukd.restapi.HUKDDeals

02-26 18:44:56.448 E/JavaBinder(2189): at java.lang.Class.classForName(Native Method)

02-26 18:44:56.448 E/JavaBinder(2189): at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:235)

02-26 18:44:56.448 E/JavaBinder(2189): at java.io.ObjectInputStream.resolveClass(ObjectInputStream.java:2590)

02-26 18:44:56.448 E/JavaBinder(2189): at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readNewClassDesc(ObjectInputStream.java:1846)

02-26 18:44:56.448 E/JavaBinder(2189): at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readClassDesc(ObjectInputStream.java:826)

02-26 18:44:56.448 E/JavaBinder(2189): at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readNewObject(ObjectInputStream.java:2066)

02-26 18:44:56.448 E/JavaBinder(2189): at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readNonPrimitiveContent(ObjectInputStream.java:929)

02-26 18:44:56.448 E/JavaBinder(2189): at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject(ObjectInputStream.java:2285)

02-26 18:44:56.448 E/JavaBinder(2189): at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject(ObjectInputStream.java:2240)

02-26 18:44:56.448 E/JavaBinder(2189): at android.os.Parcel.readSerializable(Parcel.java:1945)

02-26 18:44:56.448 E/JavaBinder(2189): ... 10 more

02-26 18:44:56.448 E/JavaBinder(2189): Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com.gluestickapps.android.hukd.restapi.HUKDDeals

02-26 18:44:56.448 E/JavaBinder(2189): ... 20 more

02-26 18:44:56.448 E/JavaBinder(2189): Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.gluestickapps.android.hukd.restapi.HUKDDeals in loader dalvik.system.PathClassLoader[.]

02-26 18:44:56.448 E/JavaBinder(2189): at dalvik.system.PathClassLoader.findClass(PathClassLoader.java:243)

02-26 18:44:56.448 E/JavaBinder(2189): at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:573)

02-26 18:44:56.448 E/JavaBinder(2189): at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:532)

02-26 18:44:56.448 E/JavaBinder(2189): ... 20 more

I'm afraid I don't know what the next steps to solve the issue would be :huh:

Guest hungryhamster
Seriously, ist it too much to ask to read the latest few postings on the last page of this thread? Your problem was mentioned here. Try it for yourself and give feedback if it works or even not works.

The link took me to hompage do you mean the blade wifi fix cheers

Guest Kuteguy

I was really looking forward for this ROM to work but had some major issues. Admittedly I only gave it about 2 hours - but there were too many problems on my ZTE Blade (early model with OLED - got it in the first week).

I was using Modaco's r12 but felt it had two problems - phone kept rebooting mid-phone conversation and ridiculously battery life

Anyway I hope my feedback fixes issues if any issues exist.

Generally, the phone would freeze pretty much straight away after rebooting. The 32gb micro-sd card would not be recognized- it was working fine with previous ROMS. But if I quickly went to mount sd card option as soon as the phone rebooted then the card would be mounted onto my Windows XP machine.

The link took me to hompage do you mean the blade wifi fix cheers

No, I didn't. That would be too easy, wouldn't it? No, I meant this post: Post #3977

Linking doesn't work, I'm sorry for that.

| Interestingly, uncommenting this line out (build.prop) appears to have "solved" the WiFi reconnect issue for me. As in over 2 days of variable use.

| wifi.interface=wlan0

edit says:

New approach http://android.modaco.com/index.php?s=&amp...t&p=1616054

Edited by bhf

Guest hungryhamster
No, I didn't. That would be too easy, wouldn't it? No, I meant this post: Post #3977

Linking doesn't work, I'm sorry for that.

| Interestingly, uncommenting this line out (build.prop) appears to have "solved" the WiFi reconnect issue for me. As in over 2 days of variable use.

| wifi.interface=wlan0

edit says:

New approach <http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blade-roms-rom-customisation/323154/rom-oled-tft-flb-froyo-g2-for-zte-blade/&view=findpost&p=1616054>

Ok thanks, sorry im real new to all this dont really understand what to do with that any help would be much apreciated thanks

I was really looking forward for this ROM to work but had some major issues. Admittedly I only gave it about 2 hours - but there were too many problems on my ZTE Blade (early model with OLED - got it in the first week).

I was using Modaco's r12 but felt it had two problems - phone kept rebooting mid-phone conversation and ridiculously battery life

Anyway I hope my feedback fixes issues if any issues exist.

Generally, the phone would freeze pretty much straight away after rebooting. The 32gb micro-sd card would not be recognized- it was working fine with previous ROMS. But if I quickly went to mount sd card option as soon as the phone rebooted then the card would be mounted onto my Windows XP machine.

I am very surprised. Do you, by any chance, overclock or undervolt your phone? This is by far the most sophisticated and stable ROMs out there, and I tried them all. Any other ROM has its minor quirks, this one doesn't.

Edited by bhf

Guest Kuteguy
Do you, by any chance, overclock or undervolt your phone?

I just installed the standard ROM - never have purposefully done either of what you mentioned

it almost seems like as soon as I turn the Wi-fi on it starts crashing and SD card becomes unrecognised

Ok thanks, sorry im real new to all this dont really understand what to do with that any help would be much apreciated thanks

You have to copy the file build.prop either to your sd-card or your pc*. Then simply edit the file with any ordinary text editor and add the following line at the end of the file:

wifi.interface=wlan0

Then, you overwrite the existing file with the edited one and reboot the device twice. That's it.

* You can do this either with adb with already installed adb-package:

copy the file to your pc

adb remount

adb pull /system/build.prop

in the same directory you will find the file, edit it.

copy the file to your phone

adb remount

adb push build.prop /system/build.prop

Or you can use an app like Root-Explorer, ES-Explorer or alike.

Guest miksmith

Ive been running 8a and 9 fine. I upgraded to 9b last night and constantly get Market crashing when it loads. I have clear the program cache and data under Manage Applications but no joy. Ive dropped back to 8a for the time being which is working fine. No one else seems to have had this problem.....

And on an unrelated note, where does the Reboot application come from?? It was missing in 8 and I was thinking of installing it as its quite useful.

cheers

mike

Guest hungryhamster
You have to copy the file build.prop either to your sd-card or your pc*. Then simply edit the file with any ordinary text editor and add the following line at the end of the file:

wifi.interface=wlan0

Then, you overwrite the existing file with the edited one and reboot the device twice. That's it.

* You can do this either with adb with already installed adb-package:

copy the file to your pc

adb remount

adb pull /system/build.prop

in the same directory you will find the file, edit it.

copy the file to your phone

adb remount

adb push build.prop /system/build.prop

Or you can use an app like Root-Explorer, ES-Explorer or alike.

Ok thanks still dont understand is there a step by step guide somewhere for idiots? dont know what adb remount is, sorry to hassle

I just installed the standard ROM - never have purposefully done either of what you mentioned

it almost seems like as soon as I turn the Wi-fi on it starts crashing and SD card becomes unrecognised

Ok, I'm still baffled. You mentioned a 32 gig sd-card. Maybe this is cause of all the trouble. Afaik, there are very few 32 gig sd-cards available, which will fully function with the Blade. Somewhere here in this forum there must be a thread for this very topic. Maybe there is some information, that will clear your probs. Maybe you can switch this 32 gig card with the delivered 2 gig card, just for test purposes. Then you will know for sure.

Guest targetbsp
Ok thanks still dont understand is there a step by step guide somewhere for idiots? dont know what adb remount is, sorry to hassle

I've never used adb myself. Root Explorer is much easier but its an app that costs. It's a file manager which you can use to browse to the system folder on your phone and then edit the file called build.prop and then you can add the suggested line.

To be honest, unless it's a major problem for you, I would hang on (and use Blade wifi fix or manually reconnect the wifi) because if the suggested fix turns out to help a few people then I'm sure it'll make it into a future version of the rom anyway. :huh:

Guest hungryhamster
I've never used adb myself. Root Explorer is much easier but its an app that costs. It's a file manager which you can use to browse to the system folder on your phone and then edit the file called build.prop and then you can add the suggested line.

To be honest, unless it's a major problem for you, I would hang on (and use Blade wifi fix or manually reconnect the wifi) because if the suggested fix turns out to help a few people then I'm sure it'll make it into a future version of the rom anyway. :huh:

thanks for info will most prob leave it alone, dont wanna mess anything up, if i add the line to the file before instaling rom then install over the top would this have same effect? cheers

Yes. This is a common problem. Reduce the vm-heapsize either to 32 or lower it in 8 MiB steps (32 - 24 - 16), till the camera works. After every reduction boot up the device TWICE! and try the camera.

Thanx for that tip.

Since I am new to android i do not know how to change the vm-heapsize.

Can you please explain?

Any chance if you could at least comment on my other problems?

I'd like to know if those are known problems and/or what their cause might be.

If they are too basic question maybe point me to somewhere where i can read up on them.

Thanx!

Guest wishmasterf

Use Super Manager. There is also an explorer style app implemented which request root rights. And its free. Super Manager

Thanx for that tip.

Since I am new to android i do not know how to change the vm-heapsize.

Can you please explain?

I just learned, there is an App for that: VM Heap Tool available via Market.

Any chance if you could at least comment on my other problems?

I'd like to know if those are known problems and/or what their cause might be.

If they are too basic question maybe point me to somewhere where i can read up on them.

Well, I'm not that familiar with text2speech. I had a similar problem with Google Navigation and the voice output. My phone was set on english and the pronounciation of german street names in english was quite funny, but not very useful. :huh:

It relies always to the system settings. So I guess, and thats just an assumption, you have all system settings set to german (austria) in keyboard & Language and Sprachein- & ausgabe (whatever this is called in english, my phone is set to german).

Battery Info looks fine to me, I've got similar results. My batterylife lasts approx 3 to 4 days with light usage, 2 days with mid usage and one day with intense usage.

Edited by bhf

Guest Junior Bear

ive decided to come back to this rom as im unhappy with pauls 'stable' rom

very good so far, but i have issues with titanium backups.

i have the pro version and made sure i re-downloaded it from the market, however when i try to restore all my apps it force closes? what am i doing wrong?!

End of the week I'll upload r10 with an alternative wifi update. Best I can do really since it's clear that not all ZTE Blade devices are the same :huh:

Looking forward to the alternative wifi, my hardware seems to like the old one better.

By the way, bought you a cup of tea. Please keep up the good work.