[ROM][OLED+TFT] FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade

Guest Simon O

Guest zaphan58
Did you go to post 2 in the unified theme thread? If you're looking at the old closed thread the links will be dead...

Yeah sorry, my bad. I didn't notice there was a new thread out. Thanks for the themes they're great! :huh:

Guest Salsaholic
Camera crashes for me..anyone any ideas? I can make photos but no video recording..app crashes

+1 here.

It only crashes when I try to switch from photo to video or vice versa. Both modes work as usual if started through the right app icon (i.e. camcorder for video). This is still on r8a, so it seems to be an older issue. I didn't have this with JJ.

i'm sorry for the newbie question but currently i'm running r9b and in order to flash over r10, do i need to do a complete wipe?

if yes, i can jus simply use titanium to restore all my apps after flash right?

thanks

Guest Rooster#1
i'm sorry for the newbie question but currently i'm running r9b and in order to flash over r10, do i need to do a complete wipe?

if yes, i can jus simply use titanium to restore all my apps after flash right?

thanks

I flashed over the top of v8.... so you should be fine (no wipes)

Guest Bob@Desire

EDIT: It is Vending.apk

One question: Where is the market apk at the \system\app\ folder?

Thanks

Edited by Bob@Desire

Guest shanewaz

Thanks for the quick response. Just 3 more (probably simple) questions to ask, then the big jump in!

1) It seems that alot of people have a partitioned SD card when they are running this. Is this essential or can it run without a partitioned SD card? I've tried to find a forum on this here but have so far not found it. If it is available, then please let me know and I'll do another search.

2) I know it's possible to back up apps with Titanium, but when you flash the rom, and have to download Titanium again (as the apps will have all gone), is there a way to extract and run the app backed up with Titanium? Or do you have to still download the app backed up again and then 'connect' it (somehow) to the backed up app? The reason I'm asking this is because Im currently in China for work until the summer and you cannot d/load the Skype app on the market here, so , barring a flight out of the country just to d/load it again, I'd prefer to be able to still use the one I have once I flash the r10 rom.

3) Is there the option to use a VPN on the r10? I lost the option when updating to my current 'Chris Lowthina/Seb' Rom and although it's not a deal breaker to not have it, it would be nice, as , again, being in China alot of the internet is currently blocked that I would use (Facebook, etc)

Thanks again for all your help, as I said, I'm fairly new to this, so am still not quite as confident as others, so if these questions are really stupid, then I apologise!

Guest stefanokan

After having loaded the r10b and extras in a clean cache - user data, i' ve inserted the "smart dialer" with the zip by Flibblesan.

It runs on immediately but after using Car Home then the smart dialer stopped to work: when you press "Call" it closes and gives following error:

"The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly."

Now after rebooting and without using Car Home the problem is the same.

Is there anything to do?

It's a pity if it's impossible to use the smart dialer because it's really... smart! :huh:

Guest tyrol_gangster

Flibblesan: can I please ask you if you are looking at the 'lost mobile phone signal' issue (WiFi re-connect required to restore it), this is probably the only really annoying bug for me in the ROM (was also present in MoDaCo ROM, just for the record)?

Guest Roo13
Thanks for the quick response. Just 3 more (probably simple) questions to ask, then the big jump in!

1) It seems that alot of people have a partitioned SD card when they are running this. Is this essential or can it run without a partitioned SD card? I've tried to find a forum on this here but have so far not found it. If it is available, then please let me know and I'll do another search.

2) I know it's possible to back up apps with Titanium, but when you flash the rom, and have to download Titanium again (as the apps will have all gone), is there a way to extract and run the app backed up with Titanium? Or do you have to still download the app backed up again and then 'connect' it (somehow) to the backed up app? The reason I'm asking this is because Im currently in China for work until the summer and you cannot d/load the Skype app on the market here, so , barring a flight out of the country just to d/load it again, I'd prefer to be able to still use the one I have once I flash the r10 rom.

3) Is there the option to use a VPN on the r10? I lost the option when updating to my current 'Chris Lowthina/Seb' Rom and although it's not a deal breaker to not have it, it would be nice, as , again, being in China alot of the internet is currently blocked that I would use (Facebook, etc)

Thanks again for all your help, as I said, I'm fairly new to this, so am still not quite as confident as others, so if these questions are really stupid, then I apologise!

1) Partitionning isn't essential, it works too without.

2) Backing up apps creates 2 files (apk + data), save them on your computer and reinject them on you SD, once reinstalled you'll be able to restore apps and datas

3) Don't know

Guest Simon O
Flibblesan: can I please ask you if you are looking at the 'lost mobile phone signal' issue (WiFi re-connect required to restore it), this is probably the only really annoying bug for me in the ROM (was also present in MoDaCo ROM, just for the record)?

Yes. I've done the best I can to resolve it and some people have reported that the issue no longer happens.

Guest Simon O
After having loaded the r10b and extras in a clean cache - user data, i' ve inserted the "smart dialer" with the zip by Flibblesan.

It runs on immediately but after using Car Home then the smart dialer stopped to work: when you press "Call" it closes and gives following error:

"The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly."

Now after rebooting and without using Car Home the problem is the same.

Is there anything to do?

It's a pity if it's impossible to use the smart dialer because it's really... smart! :huh:

Did you try the test zip from the discussion thread to install smartdialer?

Seems it may be the same issue that people have on JJ when using the SmartDialer add-on. That is you need to wipe the settings for Contacts, ContactsProvider and Phone in the Settings app.

I really wish there was a code for opening the proximity sensor calibration on the stock dialer or even a separate application for doing the same job.

Edited by flibblesan

Guest tyrol_gangster
Yes. I've done the best I can to resolve it and some people have reported that the issue no longer happens.

Well, to me it still happens several times every day. It seems to occur when connection type changes from 3G to WiFi, although can't confirm that is a 100% rule.

Guest tyrol_gangster

Just to add to the mobile network issue that sometimes when I open down the notifications area I can see the name of my operator TWICE in there, not sure if there could be any connection...

Guest galzoltandr

Hi, I'm new user in this side:-)

Can you help me? I bought ZTE blde from UK with modaco 2.2 OS.

I copied the the contacts and name from the sim to the phone but if somebody calls me i do not see the caller's name. I see only: "Incoming Call" and the number without the name.

What is reason of this? What can i do? I have to clerar the sim card from the contacts? Or what....?

Thank you.

Zoli

What is FLB-Froyo G2?

It's a ROM based upon the most recent Chinese Froyo ROM for the ZTE Blade with all operator customizations removed and elements from stock Android 2.2.2r1. This is designed to provide the most vanilla Froyo experience for the ZTE Blade along with some speed.

post-697226-1296939988_thumb.jpg post-697226-1296939997_thumb.jpg

What is included in the ROM?

- Google Car Home

- Google Desk Clock

- Google TTS

- Gallery 3D

- News & Weather Widget

- Stock Android Launcher

- Full Live Wallpapers

- Google Maps

- Quick Office

- Google Talk

- Android Terminal

- Google Market

- Spare Parts

- Voice Search

- Voice Dialer

- YouTube

- FM Radio by andorko with custom theme

Changes

- Rom fully resigned using correct combination of platform, shared, test and media keys

- Custom FLB kernel providing CIFS, TUN, EXT4 support and performance tweaks

- Power button reboot option and app by Paul O'Brien

- Facebook & Twitter contact sync fully working

- Stock Android dialer with Cyanogenmod extras and caller ID fixes

- Stock system apps from Android 2.2.2r1

- Android Keyboard from Gingerbread

- Sound Recorder icon fixed

- Extra notification and ringtones from Nexus S

- HSDPA icon enabled

- Hardware Acceleration enabled

- Nexus Boot Animation

- Menu button unlock disabled

- Most system apps updated. All Google apps updated to latest versions as of 17th February 2011

- Coarse location works. AGPS enabled.

- Two finger pinch to zoom and multitouch enabled for apps such as Browser, Google Maps, Angry Birds etc.

- SIM lock fix by Paul O'Brien

- Froyo Apps2FAT enabled and working. If the app has not moved to SD automatically then you can try and move using Settings > Applications > SD card. For moving all applications download Move2SD Enabler (Root) from the market.

- Gingerbread theme pack. Custom framework with battery percentage, gingerbread launcher, gingerbread dialer, gingerbread icons in various system apps. Theme by Frankish, launcher by Steven Lin, dialer by flibblesan, app icon patches by Paul O'Brien. Install using recovery. First boot will be slow whilst dalvik-cache is rebuilt.

Download the ROM

Current Version r10b

Download: flb-froyo-blade-r10b.zip (75.5 MB) MD5: 4325CB7EAA210C24061F450D2551DD9E

Extras for r10/r10b (Facebook, Twitter, Chrome To Phone, Maps, CPU Control, Quickoffice, and TTS files)

Download: flb-froyo-blade-r10-extras.zip (14.1 MB) MD5: D1E524015391A001BB12A2B8B30BDC08

NEW r10 to r10b patch. Fixes superuser and virtual operators on lockscreen (giffgaff etc)

Download: flb-froyo-blade-r10b-update.zip (607 KB) MD5: 7A9F81D358D3C4484A7F76CD3494A272

Gingerbread theme pack for r10/r10b (file will say r9a but will work fine with r10)

Download: gbthemepack-flb-froyo-r9a.zip mirror (10.8 MB) MD5 7737631D3C278EC8533F3A6D58469A97

Don't flash the Gingerbread theme pack until your phone has booted with a fresh install of r8a first. Reboot into recovery then install the theme.

Previous versions

Version r9b

Download: flb-froyo-blade-r9b.zip mirror (87.3 MB) MD5: C83090B48F86B35ED60BF4335AB2F4F2

Version r8a No-wipe needed for r7 and r6a fixed edition users

Download: flb-froyo-blade-r8a.zip mirror (91.3 MB) MD5: CC5EFBC3B4358A4B18498012DC6D4A3B

Slim version for TPT users (no Facebook, Listen, Maps, Quickoffice, Twitter)

Download: flb-froyo-blade-r8a-slim.zip mirror (81 MB) MD5: 2E62B85AD9F360E6441209BF6053171E

Gingerbread theme packs for r8a

Download: gbthemepack-flb-froyo-r8a.zip mirror (12.8 MB) MD5 39A834ED1125490AFB2EF3AFCAF9DFCB

Special version without the icon replacement scripts for people who have problems with Android Market crashing

Download: gbthemepack-flb-froyo-noicon-r8a.zip (12.8 MB) MD5 421D5118C34202F51EBA58B4019949E0

Download: flb-froyo-blade-r7a.zip mirror (97.7 MB) MD5: C4EEBF8FE2C133E2CEF53EF207A29B7F

Gingerbread theme pack for r7a: gbthemepack-flb-froyo-r7a.zip mirror (13.3 MB) MD5 9C97346F4AA7EE70B14A5B35C0929D8F

r7 to r7a update patch for current r7 users

Download: flb-froyo-blade-r7-r7a.zip mirror (12.6 MB) MD5: 467D832159BAA5780CFB2AB4652FAAA4

Version r7 (can upgrade from r6. If your r6 has the caller ID bug then you'll need to wipe)

Download: flb-froyo-blade-r7.zip mirror (94.3 MB) MD5: DA699264B500B37A09A749A5FD6E5F7A

TouchPal apk for those that want it (will crash when trying to use dictionary). Unpack and install apk file on your phone TouchPal.zip

Version r6

Download: flb-froyo-blade-r6.zip (fixed version by danz0l)

Gingerbread theme for r6: flb-froyo-blade-r6-gbtheme.zip (10 MB) MD5 6C0C40DD332EF36FAD57D09E0EA9C03E

ROM is compatible with all versions of Clockwork recovery. However you are strongly advised to updated recovery to at least 2.5.1.8 (3.0.0.5 preferred) if you are planning to use Apps2SD as the partitioning has been fixed in this version. You can get this here: Clockworkmod Recovery 3.0.0.5

Important: First boot will be slow and the system sluggish due to various system scripts running. Wait for the phone to boot then reboot once. After the second boot the phone will be much better.

Thanks to: Paul O'Brien, DJ Steve, Frankish, jonuwz, danz0l, andorko. If I'm using something you did and I didn't credit you, let me know.

A guide to syncing Facebook contacts can be found here

Wrong SMS Service Center? Dial *#*#4636#*#* then choose Phone information then enter your number into SMSC. Click update to save.

Guest tyrol_gangster

Can sb pls explain to me how does the currently included APP2SD solution work (I am using a card with EXT4 partition). Is there a way to control when an app is installed to Int/Ext? Quick System Info is showing me A2SD Storage 86/229MB free and Internal Storage only 30/208MB free, that would suggest many apps just stay in the phone and soon - although having a lot of free space on Ext - I will have problem with space on Int, unless I transfer some of the apps to SD Card Storage (FAT) using the standard Froyo method...

Guest stefanokan
Did you try the test zip from the discussion thread to install smartdialer?

Seems it may be the same issue that people have on JJ when using the SmartDialer add-on. That is you need to wipe the settings for Contacts, ContactsProvider and Phone in the Settings app.

I really wish there was a code for opening the proximity sensor calibration on the stock dialer or even a separate application for doing the same job.

Sorry, i posted again on the new thread for r10 version.

I didn't try the test.zip but with user data - cache clean shouldn't occur.

At the moment i like smart dialer for its speed in finding contacts not for proximity sensor calibration.

Thanks for the answer.

Edited by stefanokan

Guest targetbsp
Is it just me or is GoogleMaps missing from Ver10b

No biggie, just downloading it from the market.

You didn't see the 'Extras' addon then? :huh: