[ROM][OLED+TFT] FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade

Guest Simon O

Guest Rotmann
I have been using Widgetsoid for about 3 weeks now, unfortunatly I don't totally agree it's brilliant. If it worked, I would agree it would be brilliant, but all too often things I switch just don't switch!

Oops sorry to hear about that, I did not see any problems. You can also try Extended Controls or SwitchPro. They cost a buck though.

Guest Junior Bear

some issues after using the rom for a few days

when trying to edit a contact, i get force close

wifi is unreliable at times

and i also get no caller id like others have mentioned

apart from that very nice!

battery isnt bad after a calibration, nothing amazing though

Guest Qwertzycoatl
can anyone change their call/text ringtones?

To custom? Or to another default tone?

I can change to a standard tone just fine, not tried using an mp3 as one on this release.

Weird thing is my ringtone is set to silent and yet it rings just fine with some unknown ringtone ;)

Either way working just fine.

Will try an mp3 and let you know how I get on :)

EDIT:

Works fine for me off the SDCard :D

Edited by Qwertzycoatl

Guest DJ_Kadu
I believe it needs to be enabled in the kernel at build time, then created as a module. I'll look at compiling one.

Hey mate,

Great work on this ROM!

Any luck with compiling the tun kernel module?

Cheers

Kadu

Just wanted to add that battery life is fantastic on this rom so far. Been chatting for 36 minutes, phone idle for near 12

hours, emails coming through, did a bit of facebooking and browsed the market for a while and still have 76% free.

Also i wanted to say that facebook upload from camera does work on the SF UK LED's without crash and also my alarm doesn't force close to turn off. So some of the issues people have had may be region specific.

Just installing onto my wifes now and will report back if any issues with hers (bought slightly later after mine).

Guest super san francisco

i have an issue to report: just posted it into the, rather dead, specific thread.

i use widgetsoid to create a switch widget for several functions, amongst those is apn on/off.

the real problem is, that after shutting down the apn for some time it will not go online again.

i will have to switch from 3g to 2g and back so that it finally gets a connection again.

this is pretty much a big hassle, as if the wifi wasn't a PITA enough...

which part of the OS causes this effect to be present?

maybe someone can help...

i didn't have this on 2.1....

Guest Geoff_UK
i have an issue to report: just posted it into the, rather dead, specific thread.

i use widgetsoid to create a switch widget for several functions, amongst those is apn on/off.

the real problem is, that after shutting down the apn for some time it will not go online again.

i will have to switch from 3g to 2g and back so that it finally gets a connection again.

this is pretty much a big hassle, as if the wifi wasn't a PITA enough...

which part of the OS causes this effect to be present?

maybe someone can help...

i didn't have this on 2.1....

I found an app called batteryfu on the market place that has really helped my battery life. Basically, it uses apndroid to cut the 3G connection for a predetermined time (say 30 minutes) it then reconnects the 3G for, say 2 minutes, to allow emails, facebook, twitter etc. It can also do the same with wifi, but I don't bother with that - I just enable wifi at home and switch it off when I'm out. The wifi only connects when the phone is on - when it's asleep it's not using any power from what I can tell.

As far as battery performance is concerned, I did the recalibration thing and fully charged it.

It's fully configurable in terms of disconnection/connection times and also sports an "night mode" to kill all connections overnight and has an option to allow all data connection whilst on charge, ie in the car.

The phone was left on, and 28 hours later it still had 26% charge and I was using the phone for calls, texts and was recieving emails and twitter updates when the 3G connection was active. In short, I would regard the usage as light to moderate over the test period.

If I need to use a data connection when I'm out and about, I just disable batteryfu and everything works as it should.

Maybe worth a try ??

Geoff

Guest Qwertzycoatl
I'm running jelly rls7. Can I flash this "above/over" to replace existing jelly?

Is wipe required, both data & cache?

Yes you can flash over but you will need to wipe everything before upgrading to minimise issues.

Don't forget Davlink too ;)

Can anybody using this ROM try to run some "Linpack for Android" Benchmark and write its MFLOPS here?

I'm curious what's the different - 2.1 vs 2.2 on ZTE Blade.

Edited by adek82

Guest flatnote31

FLB, awesome work

I was on R6 and it was quite good. Only bug was with BUTTON SAVIOUR that kept freezing. I know this has to do with some apps hanging-up when asking for Root Permission..as in the case with Titanium and other root-requiring apps.

I just switched to MCR-r7 (prebake) and although I get the same Titanium freeze, Button Saviour seems to be fine!

I'm not sure whether this is app-specific, or ....

But for the SanFran with the badly-built buttons, an app like Button Saviour becomes essential.

Waiting for R7 ;)

Guest TheChill

Inbetween bouts of piercing screaming coming from my 10 week old early this morning - colic, they say - I decided to investigate r6's WiFi issues...

(Let me be clear: I had absolutely no issues with WiFi hastily reconnecting after a deep sleep prior to r6 - and I've used all of the FLB-Froyo distributions at some point or another, so kudos @fibblesan).

To begin with, the issue - for myself - doesn't revolve around a failure to connect, but rather a failure to complete a scan; the SF will sit there and scan to its heart's content without finding anything. If I were to manually select a connection it'll connect, though it may be sluggish in making that connection.

So I experimented some in the early hours and started with r6's ar6000.ko in /system/wifi/ (r6's weighing in at 3k) and replaced it with JJ's RLS6 version (significantly smaller). A reboot later and it appeared that WiFi connected far far quicker, and that connections were being re-established after waking from short sleeps (emphasis on 'short': in the order of 5 - 30 minutes).

However, after the piercing screams subsided and I finally got some shut-eye, upon waking up I discovered that the WiFi connection wouldn't automatically re-connect (though still quickly reconnected when done manually). <sigh>

I'll play around some more today, but in the meantime I'm content that when it does reconnect, it's within a matter of a couple of seconds. That'll do me for now.

Edited by TheChill

After using the jj roms i thought i'd give this one a whirl aswell...using an 8gb class 6 card with an ext2 partition all looks good apart from in titanium backup the a2sd partition is still showing 1.91gb (1.91gb free). Never had this problem with the jj roms...do i need to do anything else?