[ROM][OLED+TFT] FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade

Guest Simon O

Guest flatnote31
After using the jj roms i thought i'd give this one a whirl aswell...using an 8gb class 6 card with an ext2 partition all looks good apart from in titanium backup the a2sd partition is still showing 1.91gb (1.91gb free). Never had this problem with the jj roms...do i need to do anything else?

Where is the problem exactly?

Is your EXT2 partition 2gb in size?

The FLB-Froyo- r6 has A2SD enabled, that means it'll automatically detect any ext2/3 partitions you have and activates A2SD.

On the other hand, if A2SD wasn't installed, then Titanium will instead report the freespace on your data drive (208mb and free space will depend on how many apps you've installed and how big they are)

I hope I didn't mis-interpret your question!

I can never get this damn rom to work !!!

I have download 2 different versions of clockwork and they both keep freezin on the green andriod logo after install.

To correct the issue I have to install my current rom.

Any help ??

Guest Qwertzycoatl

I have download 2 different versions of clockwork and they both keep freezin on the green andriod logo after install.

Any help ??

Have you checked the MD5 on the downloads?

If they do not match the ones in the first post then the downloads are corrupted.

Failing that, which ROM are you coming from?

Have you performed a full wipe?

Date, cache, Davlink prior to flashing?

Any help ??

Make sure the checksums align, i found if i download from the mirror its fine but always get CRC's on the main download.

Guest The Soup Thief
Care to show me how please ?

Easiest way to check the MD5 I reckon is to get the free file manager, Astro (look in the market)

Open it up on your phone

Navigate to the ROM you want to install

Click and hold, you get File options - select the top one, Details

MD5 sum initially shows up blank while it's totting it up, then after 5-10 seconds it shows up

Peasy

Where is the problem exactly?

Is your EXT2 partition 2gb in size?

The FLB-Froyo- r6 has A2SD enabled, that means it'll automatically detect any ext2/3 partitions you have and activates A2SD.

On the other hand, if A2SD wasn't installed, then Titanium will instead report the freespace on your data drive (208mb and free space will depend on how many apps you've installed and how big they are)

I hope I didn't mis-interpret your question!

Thanks for the reply, basicaly it was just installing all apps to the internal 208mb memory and ignoring the ext2 partition . I'm using ra_recovery and it's finaly worked...took 4 attempts and the a2sd usage is actually showing up in tit/backup aswell now. Curiously though i've only just recently changed from clockwork recovery to ra_recovery and on the first 3 attempts i was using that to create the ext2 partition but on the 4th attempt i used minitool partition wizard in windows to create the partition instead (decreased the size of the ext2 partition aswell).

Make sure the checksums align, i found if i download from the mirror its fine but always get CRC's on the main download.

Easiest way to check the MD5 I reckon is to get the free file manager, Astro (look in the market)

Open it up on your phone

Navigate to the ROM you want to install

Click and hold, you get File options - select the top one, Details

MD5 sum initially shows up blank while it's totting it up, then after 5-10 seconds it shows up

Peasy

Some good karma comming your way guys.

It worked after following your instructions.

Thanks !!

first of all.. flibblesan <3

I'm loving this rom!

I'm having just one little problem.. I can't get the wifi sinal from my bedroom (the switcher is on other rom), but I didn't had this problem with the Paul's rom (alpha 3).. how can I fix this?

xXx,

xavia

EDIT: problem solved

Edited by xavia

Guest strumluff
Firstly thanks alot great rom nothing wrong so far very pleased and can i please know how to install the 2.3 gingerbread Theme please?

Flash it the same way you flashed the ROM via Clockwork ;)

Guest strumluff
R6 is still with wifi-bug. Jellyfish works fine and wifi bug is fixed.

I like this vers. R6 with GB-Theme, but i cant use it cause wifi bug ;)(

You can flash the wifi fix yourself, just search this thread for 'wifi_fix'

Flib, any chance of changing the power widget to one with mobile data connection in your next release, presume this would be more useful to more users than the current one with Bluetooth,

Just scrap this idea if this is too much work, cheers mate

Same here, love this rom so far but I also miss the mobile data switch.

i saw a power widget with 6 icons in japanese jellyfish: all icons which we have now and the mobile data switch. is it possible to use this one? cause i don't want to live without the bt switch.

Edited by ladiko

Guest strumluff
Same here, love this rom so far but I also miss the mobile data switch.

Get widgetsoid from the market and make your own switch widget (that looks exactly the same) but with the toggles you want ;)

Guest m_w_clarke

I upgraded to 2.2 from MCR 2.1 r4, this weekend. It was a confusing time on exactly which 2.2 ROM to choose!

In the end I chose this ROM, and I have to say that my experience has been nothing but positive.

The flashing went flawlessly. I backed up my apps and texts with Titanium (paid for) and SMS backup (highly recommended, free from the market!) and then restored and I have no issues at all.

No FCs. No battery drain (the battery performance for me on this ROM is ALOT better than 2.1. And I was getting 2-3 days from 2.1!) I've not had my phone on for 6 hours ish and its just down to 98% (with taking a couple of photos thrown into the mix, kids eh!). On 2.1 it would have been at around 90%. AMAZING!

I've also had NO WIFI problems. I think this is because I'm using the apps WIfi Re-enabler and Wifi keep alive (a hang over from 2.1). My phone has been sleeping for over an hour and if I wake it up its still connected.

I haven't used the wifi fix attached in this thread - this may do the same thing, I dont know.

I haven't ran any scientific speeds tests (quadrant or the like) but playing Angry birds is so smooth. No juddering at all. All very smooth (I use Ad-Free to remove the ads from this game and the browser)

I find the browser on 2.2 a quantum leap from 2.1. I used to use Opera mobile to browse, because the 2.1 browser was so slow and laggy on pinch to zoom. The 2.2 browser is now how a mobile browser should be quick and the pinch to zoom works flawlessly.

I just wanted to post, in case there are any other 2.1 people weary of taking the plunge to 2.2. I chose this build and I HIGHLY recommend the leap.

Oh, and I flashed with the Blue Gingerbread theme from Frankish, again a brilliant developer and now a beautiful colour scheme.

Many thanks to both Fib and Frankish for there hard work!

Guest m_w_clarke
Hi all,

Has anyone managed to get the email working with exchange server, it wont work for me ;)

I use the built in email client with hotmail, using the exchange service provided by microsoft. No problems at all. :-)

Edited by m_w_clarke

Guest m_w_clarke
good rom all round, but there's a problem with the caller ID, it doesn't work at all.

Ah, yes. You're right. But I have now fixed this using the new contacts.apk in the "solutions to rl6" thread. Works a treat and now I get the id appearing when I get a call.

Guest Fretking
Ah, yes. You're right. But I have now fixed this using the new contacts.apk in the "solutions to rl6" thread. Works a treat and now I get the id appearing when I get a call.

thanks ;)