[ROM][OLED+TFT] FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade

Guest Simon O

Seriously I wish all the version whores would just stfu for a bit.. flb 6 with the fixes is just the best rom so far.. flibblesan et al have done a wonderful job - whatever updates/fixes/tweaks they decide to include in the future is a yay!!

but totally non essential.. should just release a flb noob r27 to quieten them down..

Thanks thanks thanks for making this wonderful phone all the more cool..

* enabling airplane mode kicks the phone into a locked state saying "no service/no sim card", and there is no way to re-enable it, only emergency calls are possible. Had to reboot it and storm into settings to disable airplane mode before screen lock could kick in again.

Or just hold the power button down for a few seconds and turn off airplane mode that way?

Guest Surmoka
The issue with the GSM signal being lost when using wifi should be resolved. That is, I'm certainly not getting this issue myself and the wifi system has been updated so that may have helped.

Not sure about the airplane mode issue. It happens on MCR too. Does it happen on JJ?

Incoming calls showing names should be fixed.

Not had an issue with the screen staying on but I'll look into it.

I don't know if the airplane bug happens with JJ, I'm not in the situation to be able to experience different ROMs, I need my phone now.

Just updated to your latest version and the incoming call names bug is still not fixed, I'm only seeing numbers. ;)

Guest Qwertzycoatl
I don't know if the airplane bug happens with JJ, I'm not in the situation to be able to experience different ROMs, I need my phone now.

Just updated to your latest version and the incoming call names bug is still not fixed, I'm only seeing numbers. ;)

To fix the call id with the terminal app. Download the new ContactsProvider.apk to sdcard.

Then clear the application data (settings -> application -> contacts...)

In Terminal:

>su

>cd sdcard

>cp ContactsProvider.apk /system/app

>reboot

Then resync the contacts with google which brings all contacts back to the phone and it seems it work

Edited by Qwertzycoatl

Guest Simon O
To fix the call id with the terminal app. Download the new ContactsProvider.apk to sdcard.

Then clear the application data (settings -> application -> contacts...)

In Terminal:

>su

>cd sdcard

>cp ContactsProvider.apk /system/app

>reboot

Then resync the contacts with google which brings all contacts back to the phone and it seems it work

The fixed r6 rom should have the caller ID fixed.

Guest Qwertzycoatl
The fixed r6 rom should have the caller ID fixed.

Yeah I know but it also requires a wipe I'm guessing mate and you know how some users are with their wiping :D ;)

There is every chance simply wiping the cache and data and then re-syncing would work too ;)

Guest Surmoka
Yeah I know but it also requires a wipe I'm guessing mate and you know how some users are with their wiping :D ;)

There is every chance simply wiping the cache and data and then re-syncing would work too ;)

Thanks everybody, it finally worked. Clearing cache data was the solution.

Guest ChundaMars
Quick guide to Facebook syncing in FLB-Froyo

Wow, that's awesome. Now I know what I was missing with FB sync! Many thanks for taking the time there mate, much appreciated.

Just one question - should profile pictures sync across as well? I had pulled profile pics using SyncMyPix prior to this and the only thing that doesn't seem to have synced now is updated photos. No biggie, just wondering.

Also, I agree with what others have said - perfectly happy with R6, the best ROM I've used with the least bugs, so no pressure at all from me for R7.

Guest Simon O
Wow, that's awesome. Now I know what I was missing with FB sync! Many thanks for taking the time there mate, much appreciated.

Just one question - should profile pictures sync across as well? I had pulled profile pics using SyncMyPix prior to this and the only thing that doesn't seem to have synced now is updated photos. No biggie, just wondering.

Yes, profile pics will sync but you have to set the contact to use the facebook image instead. I'll add this to the guide.

Guest ChundaMars
Yes, profile pics will sync but you have to set the contact to use the facebook image instead. I'll add this to the guide.

Wow man, you should set up a business, with customer service like this you'd be rich! :-) I'd love to buy you a drink but would be a little bit difficult with me being on the other side of the world and all.

One other question - why is the Power Control widget different between ROMs? I thought it was a native Android widget, but I've seen several different versions. Your one doesn't have the toggle for data connection (which I like, but no biggie), but does have the toggle for sync, which others sometimes haven't.

Guest Simon O
Wow man, you should set up a business, with customer service like this you'd be rich! :-) I'd love to buy you a drink but would be a little bit difficult with me being on the other side of the world and all.

One other question - why is the Power Control widget different between ROMs? I thought it was a native Android widget, but I've seen several different versions. Your one doesn't have the toggle for data connection (which I like, but no biggie), but does have the toggle for sync, which others sometimes haven't.

It's hidden inside the settings app. I keep forgetting to look into extending this but I'll make a note now and see what I can do.

Guest ChundaMars
Using the Facebook profile picture for a contacts main picture

Hold down on a contact name then select Edit Contact

Scroll down to the bottom until you find the Facebook information then press on the facebook photo. A box will pop up called "Contact icon" and select Use this photo.

Press Done to save.

Hmm, can't see any profile photos at all for my contacts, other than the ones I attached previously using SyncMyPix. I do, however, have a warning "Facebook contact information is not editable on this device", but assume that should be there as why would I be able to edit other people's contact info in the first place!

Hi flibblesan

Im using your rom, and in angry birds about 10 min after start play the game break ( in 90% of times), any idea?? (OC on)

Thanks

And with o/c disabled ?

Guest 321_321
Hi flibblesan

Im using your rom, and in angry birds about 10 min after start play the game break ( in 90% of times), any idea?? (OC on)

Thanks

Do you have your Blade overclocked? (I thought overclocking is not possible with this rom...)

At first I would try to run at stock speed.

Angry Birds runs very good here (=no issues) with stock speed and this rom. (Though it drains the battery very fast.)

No, that only gives the option of powering off.

That's weird. on mine I have:

> Phone Options

Silent Mode

Sound is ON

Airplane Mode

Airplane mode is ON

Power off

Guest Simon O

And just to wet peoples appetites, here are some benchmark scores for r7 which I've just done. The ROM has stagefright disabled and HW acceleration enabled. Kernel is not overclocked but has some performance tweaks which improve battery.

Linpack AppBrain link

MFLOPS: 7.308

Time: 11.47 Seconds

Norm Res: 5.68

Precision: 2.220446049250313E-16

post-697226-1296564882_thumb.jpg

Quadrant Advanced AppBrain link

Total: 464

CPU: 729

Memory: 751

I/O: 393

2D: 104

3D: 341

post-697226-1296564893_thumb.jpg

Neocore AppBrain link

39.9 FPS

post-697226-1296564902_thumb.jpg

NenaMark1 AppBrain link

18.2 fps

post-697226-1296564913_thumb.jpg

And just to wet peoples appetites, here are some benchmark scores for r7 which I've just done.

I don't belive in Quadrant that since my Magic with 2.2 had a higher score than my Blade with 2.1 witch was feeling 10 times faster

but great to see progress

@widgetpicker :

Just take the .zip befor you flash it and put the windgetpicker.apk (delete the version nummer in the file name) under system/apps and have it

The following do on your own risk :

you can also delete apps like email.apk if you doens't use them

There are apks that you cannot delete, i just know about calendar and latine.apk, but there are surely more

you can put in a launcher apk of your choise but you have to name it launcher2.apk

Guest Simon O

I've installed WidgetPicker and I'm already finding it very useful. It overrides the system widget picker so it appears no different. Grouping widgets is a brilliant idea though!

Guest tanivula

In JJ9 when you put it into airplane mode, on the lock screen it shows:

Airplane mode

Emergency calls only

And it comes out of airplane mode without a hitch.

flibblesan: good to see you're back and working on this rom again! ;)

Edited by tanivula

Guest Simon O

If you've updated to r6 without wiping then you'll certainly still have the bug due to the contacts database being the older version. The bug is caused by the database not having a specific value which enables the dialer to match incoming numbers with contacts.

This has been untested but try this fix by jonuwz. It'll attempt to fix the contacts database so you don't need to wipe.

Contactsfix.zip

Flash with recovery. But please make a backup of your current ROM in recovery FIRST as this has the potential to kill your contacts database.