[ROM][OLED+TFT] FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade

Guest Simon O

Hi to all,

I've first installed r8 and flashed r9b over it with the gb theme, i'm very pleased with this rom which is very stable and usable, nevertheless i have a strange behaviour with a live wallpaper: it freezes after about 1,5 days (r8 and r9b)...it's solar winds wallpaper, i haven't tried any other one but i think i'll try one from stock live wall papers to see if it does the same.

I haven't really understood the issue with the video player, i have to reinstall it right..?

Thanks for the great work done and for any feedback

Just for a follow-up, a stock live wallpaper lasts more than an 1 and half day, i presume this comes from this particular one

Charge the phone to full with it on, then switch off, and charge till full again(while off).

Switch the phone on, and off again, and charge again while off, till full.

Reboot phone into Clockwork, select Advanced, and select Clear Battery Stats.

Then reboot the phone.

Simples. :huh:

Hi,

About calibrating the battery, it was usually written in tutorials to do this with moderation, now i don't see anymore aware messages to do it the less possible to preserve the battery..has it been proven that it's not that harmful to the phone or battery..? I'm not expecting to do it everyday but since 3 flashes i haven't done it and autonomy flies away..!!

Thx in advance

Recently moved over to Flb r9b rom from JJRLS6 and i must say so far loving it.

Battery life is much improved!

Just wanted to know if there was a way to change the battery icon to the circle style on and enable smart dialing and group contacts without downloading something like dialer one?

Guest tyrol_gangster

Apologies if this ain't caused by the FLB R9B ROM but have not really tried the same thing before flashing it and have accidentally deleted the prev-ROM's (MoDaCo R12) Nandroid backup so can't try any more either. Ok, the issue:

When I try to manually JOIN a Facebook contact with a Google one, I get an 'Android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly' FC. I was able to successfully join one contact like that, but since then any others I try end up in the same error :-( No apps installed or settings changed in the meantime AFAIK. Any ideas on how to fix this, please???

Recently moved over to Flb r9b rom from JJRLS6 and i must say so far loving it.

Battery life is much improved!

Just wanted to know if there was a way to change the battery icon to the circle style on and enable smart dialing and group contacts without downloading something like dialer one?

Enjoy!: http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...d-theme-thread/

Could you remind me please what is "smart dialing"..?

thx

Guest m_w_clarke
Enjoy!: http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...d-theme-thread/

Could you remind me please what is "smart dialing"..?

thx

Smart Dialing is dialing using t9 gestures.

For example, if you have the contact "home" in you contact list, then dialling 4 6 6 3 will bring it up, becuase 4=H 6=O 6=M 3=E.

The stock dialer on FLibs ROM doesn't do that.

Ive installed Dialler One which does the job really well.

Smart Dialing is dialing using t9 gestures.

For example, if you have the contact "home" in you contact list, then dialling 4 6 6 3 will bring it up, becuase 4=H 6=O 6=M 3=E.

The stock dialer on FLibs ROM doesn't do that.

Ive installed Dialler One which does the job really well.

oh ok, and to empower your request, i'd like too to have access to groups in contacts.

thx

Guest aaaa5555

hi! This rom is AWESOME:D but i need a little help. After i flashed it i had an power widget in the notification bar. but i flashed an theme ( gbthemepack-flb-froyo-r9a.zip ) and the power widget gone. The theme works perfect but there is no power widget in the bar:S any idea? i downloaded the theme from here:

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...d-theme-thread/

Guest targetbsp
I think it's only a shortcut to mobile settings for toogle 2G/3G.

I'm looking for a direct switch like engery settings in the cyanogen mods.

ciao. calculate

I'm pretty sure third party apps aren't allowed to do this. Only the settings widget built into Android.

Guest RottenFoxBreath
Hi,

About calibrating the battery, it was usually written in tutorials to do this with moderation, now i don't see anymore aware messages to do it the less possible to preserve the battery..has it been proven that it's not that harmful to the phone or battery..? I'm not expecting to do it everyday but since 3 flashes i haven't done it and autonomy flies away..!!

Thx in advance

I would do it when you flash a new rom, or when you think your battery is not lasting, or running down too quick.

I wouldn't do it regularly, as it serves no real purpose to do so, but on a new flash, yes.

Guest andy9876
You need super user permissions to do this. One easy way would be to use Root Explorer or another filemanager with root rights. In Root Explorer you can longpress the file and choose "open in text editor". Alternatively you could copy the file to your sd-card, edit it with any editor and copy it back overwriting the original file (maybe do a backup first).

Thank you for your advice. I had already done as you suggest using Astro File manager. I can see the file and edit it. Unfortunately I cannot save the edited version as the directory and file are read only. Any way I can get round this?

Guest Qwertzycoatl
Apologies if this ain't caused by the FLB R9B ROM but have not really tried the same thing before flashing it and have accidentally deleted the prev-ROM's (MoDaCo R12) Nandroid backup so can't try any more either. Ok, the issue:

When I try to manually JOIN a Facebook contact with a Google one, I get an 'Android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly' FC. I was able to successfully join one contact like that, but since then any others I try end up in the same error :-( No apps installed or settings changed in the meantime AFAIK. Any ideas on how to fix this, please???

Was this a clean install or did you just flash over R12?

I had this when upgrading a fixed version of FLB6.

You can try clearing the data and cache for the contacts apps in applications and then re-sync your contatcs and see if the issue goes away.

Battery lasted for 80h Record!

WTF!? What did you do with your blade during 80h...? In sleep mode...? Nevertheless without a tattoo i had before with hcdr rom and OCwidget (sets to 19Mhz in sleep mode) it lasts days and days, but the blade it's hard to believe...

hi! This rom is AWESOME:D but i need a little help. After i flashed it i had an power widget in the notification bar. but i flashed an theme ( gbthemepack-flb-froyo-r9a.zip ) and the power widget gone. The theme works perfect but there is no power widget in the bar:S any idea? i downloaded the theme from here:

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...d-theme-thread/

Right, i've seen it too, you'll have to reinstall 0x90 widget >> http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...-final-version/ but a wipe data is needed, i'll do this at next flash i think...

Edited by Roo13

Guest tyrol_gangster
Was this a clean install or did you just flash over R12?

I had this when upgrading a fixed version of FLB6.

You can try clearing the data and cache for the contacts apps in applications and then re-sync your contatcs and see if the issue goes away.

THANK YOU SO MUCH, this seems to have done the trick .-) I have to admin I did wipe but imported full Titanium Backup from R12 afterwards...

Guest KopCity

1. Guys, why doesnt skype work anymore?it keeps saying "signing in",is this to do with the ROM or skype itself

2. also,whats the best "messaging app",i dont like the default one,ive deleted it, downloaded gosms and handcent,now im getting 3-4 notifications for 1 bleemin meesage,how do i get rid of this?

3. are themes battery killers?

4. why is sound on music so bad?when you put it loud it aint clear..

as you can see i've got small problems,otherwise best ROM so far..

Guest tyrol_gangster

one more thing with the (now working ok for me) facebook and gmail/phone manual contact merge: if you do that by editing the gmail/phone contact and then selecting the facebook one to join in, everything is fine. but if you do it the other way round (edit facebook contact, click join, select gmail contact), the facebook name of the contact takes precedence over the 'main' gmail/phone contact name which imho sucks - not sure if this can be changed in FLB release though, by maybe adding some kind of 'select default name' setting? after doing some googling i understand such a function may be available on some phones with froyo.

Guest targetbsp
80 hr????? BULL*

80 hours is easily obtainable. I did 8 days standby (with only a couple of short calls and a few texts) whilst sick over christmas. And regularly do 3 to 4 days.

Guest Qwertzycoatl
1. Guys, why doesnt skype work anymore?it keeps saying "signing in",is this to do with the ROM or skype itself

2. also,whats the best "messaging app",i dont like the default one,ive deleted it, downloaded gosms and handcent,now im getting 3-4 notifications for 1 bleemin meesage,how do i get rid of this? <-- you have alerts set for all apps you have installed...choose 1 and disable the notifications in the other apps individually

3. are themes battery killers? <-- Nope

4. why is sound on music so bad?when you put it loud it aint clear.. Depends how loud but the speaker quality isn't brilliant. Having said that, the quality itself I've been told is actually clearer than an IPhone 3GS at full belt

as you can see i've got small problems,otherwise best ROM so far..