[ROM][OLED+TFT] FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade

Guest Simon O

Guest m_w_clarke
80 hr????? BULL*

I think you need to check your facts before mouthing off.

I, to, have got ~50% battery left and my phone has been on 49 hours. This ROM is really efficient with its battery use.

Interested to know what WiFi stuff you are working on Flibs... I am in what seems to be a fairly unique position in that my current combination of ROM / router / WEP security means that my wireless stays on even when the phone sleeps (and yes it is properly asleep). I have now tried a few 2.2 ROMS (including yours, which incidentally was my favoured one), and all show the usual trait of disconnecting from WiFi when the phone sleeps. When I go back to my 2.1 ROM, Wifi returns to being always connected (when in range of the router!).

Interestingly, my 2.1 ROM only maintains Wifi with my BT router, all other routers I have tried drop the connection so there is something unique about my router, but equally swapping to a 2.2 ROM with the BT router also stops the Wifi remaining connected. I wonder if any of your clever people on here can have a look into the specific config that makes or breaks my wifi, and whether this might give some pointers towards *maybe* fixing the problem in the future...?

Incidentally this is my config:

Customised Bladevillain ROM RLS3:

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...-0-rls4-13-dec/

Wifi sleep policy set to never

BT voyager 2091 wireless router with WEP security (have PC connection probs with it set to WPA - and yes I know WEP is bad!)

I think you need to check your facts before mouthing off.

I, to, have got ~50% battery left and my phone has been on 49 hours. This ROM is really efficient with its battery use.

i really need to recalibrate my battery...

Are you using apps like autostarts, watchdog, OCwidget/setCPU to improve autonomy or simply just no sync..? And what about 3G ? 'cause i use 2G as i don't have data connection.

EDIT: what about calibration of the battery, done after each flash that will persist..?

thx in advance

Edited by Roo13

Guest targetbsp

I use 3G off and autostarts. I don't have anything auto syncing. I do use setcpu - but actually to overclock rather than save power.

Edited by targetbsp

Interested to know what WiFi stuff you are working on Flibs... I am in what seems to be a fairly unique position in that my current combination of ROM / router / WEP security means that my wireless stays on even when the phone sleeps (and yes it is properly asleep). I have now tried a few 2.2 ROMS (including yours, which incidentally was my favoured one), and all show the usual trait of disconnecting from WiFi when the phone sleeps. When I go back to my 2.1 ROM, Wifi returns to being always connected (when in range of the router!).

Interestingly, my 2.1 ROM only maintains Wifi with my BT router, all other routers I have tried drop the connection so there is something unique about my router, but equally swapping to a 2.2 ROM with the BT router also stops the Wifi remaining connected. I wonder if any of your clever people on here can have a look into the specific config that makes or breaks my wifi, and whether this might give some pointers towards *maybe* fixing the problem in the future...?

Incidentally this is my config:

Customised Bladevillain ROM RLS3:

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...-0-rls4-13-dec/

Wifi sleep policy set to never

BT voyager 2091 wireless router with WEP security (have PC connection probs with it set to WPA - and yes I know WEP is bad!)

Bladevillain includes wifi keep alive, an app from the market which can prevent your phone from sleeping (and dropping wifi connection).

Bladevillain includes wifi keep alive, an app from the market which can prevent your phone from sleeping (and dropping wifi connection).

Sorry, forgot to say:

Wifi keep alive & blade wifi fix are both uninstalled... but maybe I should try installing on the 2.2 ROMs...?

Guest targetbsp

Keep Alive destroys your battery. Blade wifi fix is fine though. I'm looking forward to the version with the JJ wifi if that's still on the cards. JJ's wifi rocks.

Guest wondertx
What is FLB-Froyo G2?

It's a ROM based upon the most recent Chinese Froyo ROM for the ZTE Blade with all operator customizations removed and elements from stock Android 2.2.2r1. This is designed to provide the most vanilla Froyo experience for the ZTE Blade along with some speed.

post-697226-1296939988_thumb.jpg post-697226-1296939997_thumb.jpg

Just want to have a option to DISABLE USB CHARGING like Orange stock rom

Guest Efzekawe
Thank you for your advice. I had already done as you suggest using Astro File manager. I can see the file and edit it. Unfortunately I cannot save the edited version as the directory and file are read only. Any way I can get round this?

The Problem with Astro File Manager is that it only supports su for two specific roms. I used Root Explorer which works regardless of your rom. In this case what it essentially does is mounting the file as read/write before opening it. But since it's a paid app, if all you want to do is fix one problem, it might be overkill. As you mentioned the issue is getting write access to the file. There seems to be a free option of getting around this. There is an app in the market called "Mount /system (rw / ro)". Though I can't say for sure, if this programme works as advertised, you should be able to mount /system as r/w through it and then edit the file using Astro File Manager. To be on the save side afterwards you should remount it as write only, double check if the changes took effect and reboot the system.

Hope this works. Good luck! :huh:

Guest m_w_clarke
i really need to recalibrate my battery...

Are you using apps like autostarts, watchdog, OCwidget/setCPU to improve autonomy or simply just no sync..? And what about 3G ? 'cause i use 2G as i don't have data connection.

EDIT: what about calibration of the battery, done after each flash that will persist..?

thx in advance

Only calibrated my battery a couple of times. There is no need to calibrate your battery everytime you update the SAME ROM (Ie Flib 8a->9a). As long as you battery is fully charged when you do the upgrade.

I use autostarts to disable things I don't use on boot up (but I very rarely reboot now). I use SetCPU to have my CPU run at 670MHz when the screen is on, and between 225->330 when the screen is off.

I have my phone set to 2g all the time, apart from when I go on to the Market or Browser, when I either switch it HSDPA or enable wifi to use my home network.

I have Facebook pulling updates every two hours, with the LauncherPro Plus Widget. Weather updating every 3 hours, with Beautiful Widgets.

Brightness set to 10%

At night, I put the phone into Airplane mode, rather than switching off. In the morning, I see no drop in battery percentage value (I have the numbers displayed in the notification bar)

I use 3G off and autostarts. I don't have anything auto syncing. I do use setcpu - but actually to overclock rather than save power.

Surprisingly autostarts does FC on my blade...i'll give an other try later..

Only calibrated my battery a couple of times. There is no need to calibrate your battery everytime you update the SAME ROM (Ie Flib 8a->9a). As long as you battery is fully charged when you do the upgrade.

I use autostarts to disable things I don't use on boot up (but I very rarely reboot now). I use SetCPU to have my CPU run at 670MHz when the screen is on, and between 225->330 when the screen is off.

I have my phone set to 2g all the time, apart from when I go on to the Market or Browser, when I either switch it HSDPA or enable wifi to use my home network.

I have Facebook pulling updates every two hours, with the LauncherPro Plus Widget. Weather updating every 3 hours, with Beautiful Widgets.

Brightness set to 10%

At night, I put the phone into Airplane mode, rather than switching off. In the morning, I see no drop in battery percentage value (I have the numbers displayed in the notification bar)

Does this mean that to avoid recalibrating, the best is to flash fully charged so the phone memorize the state of the battery as 100% value (even if it's 98% really)...?

I don't use 3G and guess that wifi consumes more than 3G so no surprise if it drains my battery...

Edited by Roo13

Guest Tony-steam

Just upgraded to flb-froyo-blade-r9b.zip.

Everything working better than expected but when I first used Market I got this error.

The application Market (process com.android.vending) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again Then it states "Force close"

I have tried again and I have cleared the Market cache etc.

I cannot get it to run.

What haven't I done?

It all worked perfectly on flb-froyo-blade-r8a.zip.

Just upgraded to flb-froyo-blade-r9b.zip.

Everything working better than expected but when I first used Market I got this error.

The application Market (process com.android.vending) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again Then it states "Force close"

I have tried again and I have cleared the Market cache etc.

I cannot get it to run.

What haven't I done?

It all worked perfectly on flb-froyo-blade-r8a.zip.

Wipe data and cache, then reinstall the rom.

Guest andy9876
Would be a lot easier just to connect it to a computer and use adb.

Is there a complete beginners guide to installing and using adb. I have no idea what it is.

The battery life on the current FLB seems a lot better than under JJ - I'm talking roughly twice as long. Is this a common experience?

Edit: ...and having just plugged it in to charge, I found that it rebooted the second I did so. This is not normal, presumably?

Edited by Guest

been using your excellent ROM for 3 weeks now. got really used to it. well done & thanks.

jumped from V7 to v9b - have had wifi dropping issues like a few others - looking forward to a fix.

one thing (i have tried searching the thread even with wildcards for an answer) in V7 in the contacts pane there was a preferences screen - which allowed you more control. this is missing in V9b

i really miss the direct dial part.

how can i get it back?

cheers

Is there a complete beginners guide to installing and using adb. I have no idea what it is.

Try looking around the forum

There is a HUGE guide here http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...-questions-faq/ which took the poster a long time to write yet people don't even look at it and it's on the 1st page of the ZTE section of the forum so it's not hard to miss

There is a bit about ADB in it Unfortunately it doesn't go into great detail

but

using the search button and using the More Search Options and then searching for titles of posts only and using ADB as the search term this comes up

http://android.modaco.com/index.php?act=Se...highlite=%2BADB

You should be able to find what you need there

but put simply its a means to push files to or pull them from an android phone to a computer

If you have a Windows computer Android Commander is simpler, it's a windows program that does the same thing

Guest KopCity
Just want to have a option to DISABLE USB CHARGING like Orange stock rom

why does my phone last not even 23 hours??i use wifi at home,and make a few odd calls,thats it really..

some of you that say it lasts 3-4 days,ur phones are deffinetely switched off

My only issue:

- Wifi is on and connected to my router

- I lock the phone

- Give it at most a minute

- Wake the phone

- Wifi is still Enabled

- Wifi refuses to connect to my router

- On checking my wifi settings, my router is listed as disabled

- I have to switch wifi off and back on again, or manually select my router and select connect

This happens without fail after a short time with the screen off.