[ROM][OLED+TFT] FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade

Guest Simon O

i received some messages in the night when the phone was shut down. when i woke up, i received those messages, but they had the time at i turned on the phone. is this an android problem or is just this release? is it possible to fix this?

Guest steff.jay
i've read about the battery-draining in paul's thread. he has deleted the file cpk-daemon in /system/bin without any disadvantage. I did it also & don't have any issues on it, so far ... just a little guess

just to update: lost almost 1% over the night (8 hours) with sync and mobile data ON :D

but I got another issue: AGPS isn't as accurate as it was in FLB-r2a, did you change anything?

Guest gusthy
i received some messages in the night when the phone was shut down. when i woke up, i received those messages, but they had the time at i turned on the phone. is this an android problem or is just this release? is it possible to fix this?

SMS doesn't transfer timestamp of sending, AFAIK, so the phone can determine the time of arrival.

Guest macmatt43

Hi all,

Have been testing the FLB r6 hard since last night and only have the following problem (in addition to those reported here earlier):

- Cannot select any ringtones.

I.e. when I click "Settings > Sounds > Phone ringtone" the item flashes up briefly in orange but the list with ringtones is not displayed. The same happens for notification ringtones and alarm ringtones in clock. I know the ringtones are there and in the right place. Reboot did not help.

Does anyone else have this problem? I had Paul's r4 before and it worked absolutely fine. Is there a workaround how to set these tones?

Thanks

macmatt43

Guest Frankish
Hi all,

Have been testing the FLB r6 hard since last night and only have the following problem (in addition to those reported here earlier):

- Cannot select any ringtones.

I.e. when I click "Settings > Sounds > Phone ringtone" the item flashes up briefly in orange but the list with ringtones is not displayed. The same happens for notification ringtones and alarm ringtones in clock. I know the ringtones are there and in the right place. Reboot did not help.

Does anyone else have this problem? I had Paul's r4 before and it worked absolutely fine. Is there a workaround how to set these tones?

Thanks

macmatt43

Is your phone set to silent? Or vibrate? Try turning it to loud then try these options.

Guest macmatt43
Is your phone set to silent? Or vibrate? Try turning it to loud then try these options.

Oh boy, proper schoolboy error...

Thanks Frankish, that fixed it. Can't believe I never noticed this before...

Guest Frankish
Oh boy, proper schoolboy error...

Thanks Frankish, that fixed it. Can't believe I never noticed this before...

On most phones it still works when in silent/vibrate. It seems to be only the Chinese and Japanese rom dumps we have that are doing this to us :@

:D

Guest beebaakid

Ive loaded up r6 last night, after trying sebs based on the new kernel which didn't work with T-Mobile, I can confirm that r6 works with T-Mobile perfectly and I have been playing with my phone all morning and for what I need it for it seems to work perfectly, battery and general performance seem fine ... keep up the good work.

Edited by beebaakid

SMS doesn't transfer timestamp of sending, AFAIK, so the phone can determine the time of arrival.

all my other phones (i have zte blade from a week, it's the first time i notice this) had proper timestamp of sending (with sms), even when phone was shut down..

Edited by Ficus

Guest gusthy
all my other phones (i have zte blade from a week, it's the first time i notice this) had proper timestamp of sending (with sms), even when phone was shut down..

Okay, then I knew it wrong :D

Did you try Handcent too?

Okay, then I knew it wrong :D

Did you try Handcent too?

yes, it has the same problem.

i tried the rom for a while and i think the only major bugs are the calling id and the sms timestamps (i will try this rom a bit more and decide if it's too annoying to go back to stock rom until it gets fixed). great work btw.

Guest super san francisco

some posts ago, flibblesan recommend to me the app called widgetsoid from the market, which allows to make a custome power control widget. i did and it's perfect, even better then the original:)

thanks again flibblesan:)

Guest gusthy
yes, it has the same problem.

i tried the rom for a while and i think the only major bugs are the calling id and the sms timestamps (i will try this rom a bit more and decide if it's too annoying to go back to stock rom until it gets fixed). great work btw.

Caller ID is not so hard to fix...

Guest gusthy
could you make a fix-zip though? :D

Unfortunately no.

The reason for this is that the crucial contacts2.db file should belong to the same user:group as the one runs the contacts provider, and it will change case by case.

So the fix requires to initialise contacts first.

It wouldn't be hard to write a small app that does the fix, but I don't know if it is worth it, as the correct solution is to replace the provider (I don't know if it is ContactsProvider or some other one.)

Edited by gusthy

Guest psychocont

First post :D

Clean upgrade from r4 yesterday, Problems no caller ID and now the earpiece speaker seems to be muffled and unlistenable (last few hours). not sure what that is about tho

Thanks for the hard work i appreciate it.:P

Guest juniperz

I am about to take the plunge and move from MCR a3 to one of the newer ROMs (probably this one) but I have a quick question:

Does this ROM include the ability to enter the SIM unlock PIN (4 numerics) at startup? I seem to remember that not all ROMs / lockscreen allow this.

(I also use an alphanumeric phone lock code too).

TIA.

Guest WodgeFTW

Excellent work on the rom Fibblesan, feels a lot quicker, and apps2sd is a nice bonus, any closer to a full release? Don't want to go downloading all the copilot maps just yet :D

also, @jtc42, i clicked on the link to your bands website, and to be honest, i was expecting some form of grungy death metal lark, but what i found was top stuff, solar fields with lyrics, will be making a purchase later on methinks :P

Guest Geoff_UK

Hi,

Everything working except caller ID - would appreciate some instructions on how to fix it ??

Geotagging works in this rom, didn't work in r3a.

Great work, thanks for the time you're investing in this.

Regards

Geoff

Guest dadashi

I did a google contact sync and now I've got three of everything ion my contacts!!

And I cant find any option to delete all the contacts at once, I don't want to delete 500 contacts individualy....

Not sure how this happened and it really shouldn't, there must be some problem with the contact apps...