[ROM][OLED+TFT] FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade

Guest Simon O

Guest Simon O

The framework will probably work once resigned. It would be nice if all custom rom devs resigned the system so things like frameworks can be compatible with all roms.

Guest Simon O
Flib,

great rom, smooth as butter. Only problem is cant install anything from the market. Did a comlete wipe before install, rebooted the phone a number of times, cleared the market cache and re-started. All apps will download, but state 'install unsuccessful' or similar.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Try signing into Google Talk first

The framework will probably work once resigned. It would be nice if all custom rom devs resigned the system so things like frameworks can be compatible with all roms.

Speak to Frankish and see if he can do a kinda 'universal for resigned ROMS' version of his themes. He said about porting his current ones to this ROM (after a bit of convincing) but from what youve said it sounds like doing this will basically be making a universal version.

Guest Simon O
Speak to Frankish and see if he can do a kinda 'universal for resigned ROMS' version of his themes. He said about porting his current ones to this ROM (after a bit of convincing) but from what youve said it sounds like doing this will basically be making a universal version.

He's already aware of this and thinks it's a great idea. Just need the other devs to resign framework-res.apk and system apks using the test keys that SignAPK, APK Manager etc use.

He's already aware of this and thinks it's a great idea. Just need the other devs to resign framework-res.apk and system apks using the test keys that SignAPK, APK Manager etc use.

Ooh fantastic! looking forward to this, going to make theming SO much easier. I'm dying to try a phone-version of a Honeycomb-style theme haha.

Signed in, out, then in again. Still doesnt work...

Long shot but in Application settings have you got the unknown sources box checked? Probably wont do anything but its a thought.

Flib,

great rom, smooth as butter. Only problem is cant install anything from the market. Did a comlete wipe before install, rebooted the phone a number of times, cleared the market cache and re-started. All apps will download, but state 'install unsuccessful' or similar.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Daft suggestion, but you did try to log onto the market with 3G first and not WiFi, I'm not 100% on all this yet, but I read somewhere, that the first time you signed onto the market it had to be with 3G.

udoh

Guest Maringer

I believe that in the Japanese Jellyfish thread, k_k has mentioned he will sign his future ROM releases in this manner.

Guest nedmundo1
Daft suggestion, but you did try to log onto the market with 3G first and not WiFi, I'm not 100% on all this yet, but I read somewhere, that the first time you signed onto the market it had to be with 3G.

udoh

Beat me to it!

Guest mario999

Thanks for the help.

When I restored my apps with Titanium it filled up the system memory. Now I have moved some stuff to SD its working again.

Guest Bill_W

Hi, I loaded the Android Emulator from the Android SDK on my laptop, and stared experimenting + reading the documentation that comes with it.

Does anyone know if it is possible to use these ROMs from Modaco which are intended for loading via the Clockwork recovery utility, with the emulator ?

If it is possible, is there a step by step procedure to point the way?

It would be great to trial these ROMs in the emulator before loading them onto your handset hardware.

When I was reading about "Platforms" to load into the emulator, I was expecting to find a list of hardware emulation environments that match the list of hardware brands you find on the market. But instead, what I found was some Generic Android builds for the various releases of Android. So far I am playing with 2.1 Eclair and 2.2 FroYo.

all the best Bill.

Guest johnkabou

I updated my ZTE BLADE & everything went ok.

The only issue that I have is that I created Contacts but everytime one of is calling me I only see the phone number and no contact name. If i go to Missed calls everything is ok. Same thing happens when I'm dialing a contact. Only the phone number and no name. I was forced to restore to my old 2.1 factory rom :D

Any ideas from anyone?

Thanks in advance

Guest Simon O
I updated my ZTE BLADE & everything went ok.

The only issue that I have is that I created Contacts but everytime one of is calling me I only see the phone number and no contact name. If i go to Missed calls everything is ok. Same thing happens when I'm dialing a contact. Only the phone number and no name. I was forced to restore to my old 2.1 factory rom :D

Any ideas from anyone?

Thanks in advance

Known about. Replace ContactsProvider.apk with the one in this post http://android.modaco.com/index.php?s=&amp...t&p=1553423

Easiest way is to add it to the rom zip "inside system/app" then flash again

Edited by flibblesan

Guest johnkabou

I did what you said with contacsprovider. Everything went ok. I created a contact, tried to call and everything was ok. But after 10 minutes I tried to create a contact, contact was saved and does not show on the contact list. Any ideas?

First, Thanks for the rom!

I'm using Saunalahti ZTE Blade (+ saunalahti sim) and the phone thinks it's roaming all the time. It was suggested elsewhere that replacing ril libraries might help. Does this trick work with this rom, and if it does, what might be downsides replacing the ril files?