NO SENSE: 10/Feb r2 - HTC Vision (G2/Z) MoDaCo Custom ROM with Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

I'm pleased to present my MoDaCo Custom ROM for the HTC Vision (this is the version based on the T-Mobile G2 ROM, without HTC Sense)! READ THIS WHOLE POST BEFORE YOU START! No, really, it contains everything you need to know. :huh:

Remember that if you use this ROM, you do so entirely at your own risk!!

About MoDaCo Custom ROMs

MoDaCo Custom ROMs are based on official ROMs - either shipping or leaked. A MCR release is designed to feel as far as possible like a stock ROM, with optimisations, tweaks and complimentary additions that enhance the user experience. The aim of a MCR is to be ultra reliable for use on an everyday device.

Requirements

In order to use this ROM on your device, you must have a custom recovery image installed (Clockwork Mod).

THIS ROM SHOULD RUN ON BOTH THE G2 AND THE DESIRE Z!

Features (these are the features for the currently posted prebake, please check the changelog for any pending changes that are in the kitchen)
  • Based on the 1.22.531.8 T-Mobile G2 ROM
  • Pre-rooted with su and Superuser Permissions by ChainsDD
  • Insecure boot image (ro.secure=0)
  • Optimised with the MCR build process, which means that the ROM will fit on a G2 without needing to remove any content!
  • All components updated to the latest versions
  • ROM is de-odexed

Please see 2 posts below this one for the changes in each release.

Installation

To install this ROM:
    • Download the zip file of your choice from the links below (or the online kitchen) and copy to your SD card
    • Restart your device in recovery mode
    • PERFORM A NANDROID BACKUP FROM THE MENU
    • Select the option to apply an update zip, and select the zip file you copied to your memory card

Upgrading

No wipe is explicitly required in order to use this ROM, however if you do encounter issues of any kind, it is recommended that you wipe your device and reproduce the issue before raising it here.

Downloads

This ROM is now available in the online kitchen - see the post below for details! In addition to the kitchen, a prebaked download is available.

[*]r2 -

DOWNLOAD (Mediafire Pro) - MD5: be9a4980d51ae300ad90b82bd1824db8

Please note that the download links implement referring checking to avoid deep-linking. If you are redirected to the MoDaCo homepage when you download, try 'right click save as', disabling ad blocking / no script or if all else fails try an alternative browser.

Thanks

It's impossible to mention everyone who contributes to the Android community by name, but to everyone out there who does great work and shares it with us all - you have my gratitude and respect.

Future Updates - READ THIS!

By providing this ROM I am not implying in any way that future updates will follow. Due to limits on my time and the fact that I have a large number of devices for short periods of time, it isn't possible for me to continue providing ROM updates indefinitely. Please do not donate / sign up on the assumption that future releases will be available (I don't want you to be disappointed!).

And finally...

If you would like to show your appreciation for the ROM, please consider supporting MoDaCo by signing up for a MoDaCo Ad Free or MoDaCo Plus account, both of which also give you early access to Beta ROM releases and access to the the online kitchens.

Enjoy! :rolleyes:

P

There may be a short wait while the load balancing software determines the best kitchen to serve your ROM. The kitchen should appear below within 20 seconds.

This is the first release of the ROM - I will start dropping in the usual MCR features quickly going forward (via the kitchen first as usual, periodically building prebakes). :rolleyes:

P

Hi Paul, really appreciative of the work you've been doing.

I'm pretty new to all this flashing of roms and stuff but I finally decided to take the plunge and got S-off done on my desire z and got clockwork recovery on it.

Just have a question here, how is this rom different from the one you posted a few days earlier?

http://android.modaco.com/content/htc-desi...online-kitchen/

Thanks a lot.

That one was stock... this one is a custom ROM, which is optimised and will be getting lots of extra features!

P

Cool, thanks a lot for the quick reply, shall try flashing this!

Hmm, managed to boot into the rom without much problem except the touch sensitive keys don't work, all they do is vibrate. Have I done anything wrong? Wiped before flashing on rom manager. Coming from stock htc sense.

EDIT:

Am using an asian Desire Z, have seen someone else report the same issue.

Edited by harriz

This is the first release of the ROM - I will start dropping in the usual MCR features quickly going forward (via the kitchen first as usual, periodically building prebakes). :rolleyes:

P

Hey Paul, does this include the updated gapps? (Like youtube, from the screenshot it looks like its not)

Guest daft.71
Yes, you should do!

P

Thanks! I like this ROM a lot and prefer it to the default Sense UI I got with my Desire Z. That being said, as I previously said elsewhere, I'm missing out the English (Canada) and French (Canada) locales. I understand that with MoreLocale 2 I can set my locale to anything I want but it'd be nice if the default ROM had more than English and Spanish in there. Is it possible to add those in the next build or maybe via the Kitchen?

Guest seamonkey420
This is the first release of the ROM - I will start dropping in the usual MCR features quickly going forward (via the kitchen first as usual, periodically building prebakes). B)

P

backing up my G2 now, gonna flash soon! can't wait!!!! hoping this resolves my data connection errors on tmobile and tzones data plan (my nexus one and iphone 3gs jb work fine, think tmobile may have a proxy hidden in browser app that may redirect and block non proper data plans)

thanks again paul!!! upgraded to premium membership just for this.. :)

Hi Paul, great rom!

After wiping and installing on my Desire Z I only have English (United States) and Español locales available. Any chance of adding English (United Kingdom) to the oven? Else, can anyone help me out on where I can get a locale from and whether I can push it to the phone somewhere.

Thanks!

Guest toomuchdogfur
Hmm, managed to boot into the rom without much problem except the touch sensitive keys don't work, all they do is vibrate. Have I done anything wrong? Wiped before flashing on rom manager. Coming from stock htc sense.

EDIT:

Am using an asian Desire Z, have seen someone else report the same issue.

I've got that problem too - also an Asian Desire Z (Singapore locale I think). The hard keyboard Menu and Search buttons work, but the capacitive ones only vibrate - so unfortunately its unusable as I can't go back or get to the homescreen!

Sense ROM it is I guess...

I've got that problem too - also an Asian Desire Z (Singapore locale I think). The hard keyboard Menu and Search buttons work, but the capacitive ones only vibrate - so unfortunately its unusable as I can't go back or get to the homescreen!

Sense ROM it is I guess...

Same problem as well on an asian DesireZ. your rom with sense ui works perfectly. Same issue also in CM Rom, so I think it's related to the basic firmware: DesireZ based/G2 based.

Thank you for your work.

Guest toomuchdogfur
Same problem as well on an asian DesireZ. your rom with sense ui works perfectly.

Just confirming the above - your Sense UI version works perfectly! I don't actually want Sense at all, but at least I can cook the GUI out. :P

Thanks Paul!

hey, i did install the clockworkmod and trying to boot into recovery mode, but i only get a black phone with a red triangle explanation mark.... can somebody help me?

thanks

Guest crashvoodoo

I've flashed this rom and everything has been perfect up until I had to use a £ sign. I've discovered that the pound and euro symbols on Z & X are not working on the hardware keyboard.

Is there a way to fix this ?

hi guys,

first thx for this great work. thats unbeliveble.

but i also got a question, is it possible to get this version in german?!

Thx

M

:) any answers? :)