18 Nov 2.5.1.2 r2: ClockworkMod recovery for HTC Desire HD

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Silas Hack
I'm pleased to present my ClockworkMod recovery for the HTC Desire HD (aka HTC Ace / HTC Spade). This recovery has been built and setup by me and is in no way endorsed buy Koush, so please don't ask him for support! :) I am still testing this recovery, so caution is advised and you use it at your own risk!

[*]From a command prompt (at the directory containing these new files!) run 'fastboot-windows flash recovery recovery-clockwork-2.5.1.2-ace-modaco-r2.img' (subsituting 'fastboot-mac' or 'sudo fastboot-linux' as required)

** On my device I have to select fastboot from the menu options and press the power button to action, otherwise it sits at waiting for device, not sure if this is just me? **

[*]When this finishes, from the command prompt run 'fastboot-windows reboot' (again substituting 'fastboot-mac' or 'sudo fastboot-linux' as required)

[*]Done!

The changelog is in the next post.

P

Sorry if this seems pedantic, but I am new to the android scene, plenty of years on modding other mobiles inc WM6.5 etc and as this stuff is so new I just want to triple check the actions and avoid an expensive brick :)

Guest plopingo
Doesn't having ROOT imply S-OFF?

I have SU via VISIONary v12 and can run titanium backup and Clockwork ROM Manager...do I still need ENG HBOOT?

Ever so slightly confused but not wanting an expensive paperweight B)

you need ENG HBOOT if you flash ClockworkModRecovery r2 by paul

Edited by plopingo

worx like a charme - did a Nand Backup -

Great work, Paul!!!

but right I was starting to write these lines I got a BSOD with my windows7 machine!

Lucky One that it was not 1 minute before !!! Pew !!! B)

Guest mortazavi
Changelog

18/Nov 2.5.2.1 r2

• Updated to fix mounting /sdcard and /sd-ext via shell

Can I update ClockworkMod recovery r1 to r2? and install r2 while my device has r1?

Guest mamoulian
Isn't it possible to use dd command below when Android is booted up once we insmod "wpthis" module, without S-OFF?

dd if=/sdcard/recovery-clockwork-2.5.1.2-ace-modaco-r1.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p21

Yeah, that would work too! B)

P

(I am assuming that Paul's 'yes' was for Eddie1506's question :-)

So, without S-OFF HBOOT installed but with 'wpthis' inserted, does 'dd' work but 'fastboot' not?

Guest Valentinik

I managed to flash 2.5.1.2 r1 successfully, but i tried upgrading to r2 and terminal (OSX) just stalls at "sending 'recovery' (4242 KB)" with r1 it seems to flash instantly, but r2 doesn't really do anything.

How long should it take to flash r2.Is there anything different i need to try?

Thanks

Mike

Guest Valentinik
I managed to flash 2.5.1.2 r1 successfully, but i tried upgrading to r2 and terminal (OSX) just stalls at "sending 'recovery' (4242 KB)" with r1 it seems to flash instantly, but r2 doesn't really do anything.

How long should it take to flash r2.Is there anything different i need to try?

Thanks

Mike

Nevermind, tried it a 3rd time and it worked straight away.

Guest Mr Mixalot

Can I load the Clockword Mod Recovery via ROM manager or do I have to follow the instructions on the 1st page that Paul has kindly posted

Thanks in advance

Edited by Mr Mixalot

Guest Valentinik
Can I load the Clockword Mod Recovery via ROM manager or do I have to follow the instructions on the 1st page that Paul has kindly posted

Thanks in advance

You have to follow the instructions.

mmm.. I got my device rooted.. but can't get this one working for me.. (I know it's me who is doing something wrong as usual.. haha)

Anyway, should, by time, this Clockwork mod get itself done into RomManger as all the rest?

If so i'm more then happy to wait, and not risk bricking my device :-P

Guest mamoulian

Paul,

Does your clockworkrecovery image include the 'wpthis' module?

If not, if it did, would the recovery be able to flash zips without having the S-OFF HBOOT?

If so then it would stop everyone asking 'whats S-OFF?' and 'whats HBOOT' on here, and remove the (small) risk that flashing HBOOT brings...

(ideally user would be able to run visionary which does wpthis, then run rommanager which installs your clockworkrecovery, then reboot into recovery and install zip)

Guest Kalavere

Okay guys, I don't like to post unnecessarily without reading though posts, so I have had a good crack at this, and I am still a bit lost. I have root, I have S-OFF I have downloaded the new 'fastboot.exe' put it in C:\AndroidSDK\Tools\recovery-clockwork-2.5.1.2-ace-modaco-r2, I have opened up Command Prompt and typed as follows;

asdfzv.jpg

And that's as far as I seem to be able to get :P Am I just being obscenely retarded and missing something really basic?

Guest broncogr

I got in touch with koush today on IRC.

He told me that PAul needs to send his the board files, that is the source for his recovery so that koush makes an official clockwork build,

Paul could you send him those files?

Instructions are on his webpage

Thanks

Guest Kalavere
fastboot-windows flash recovery recovery-clockwork-2.5.1.2-ace-modaco-r2.img

You're missing the first part of the command :P

Ah, I did try with the first part of the command but it failed to work, so I was just trying different combos, as you do... Lol. I have just had another crack at it and got it working by removing the 'Windows' and just typing 'fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-2.5.1.2-ace-modaco-r2.img'

Thanks for the help Eisteh. :D

capturegi.jpg

Oh, and Paul, thanks for this amazing work it's because of people like you we continue to have amazing devices, it's much appreciated, have a beer on me, I've signed up for MoDaCo Ad Free. :D

Edited by Kalavere

Guest broncogr

Official support has been added in Rom manager with clockwork recovery 2.5.1.3.

You can upgrade over Paul's recovery.

Install Rom Manager and get the recovery from there.

Cheers

Guest andready
Official support has been added in Rom manager with clockwork recovery 2.5.1.3.

You can upgrade over Paul's recovery.

Install Rom Manager and get the recovery from there.

Cheers

When I use Rom manager, it just reboot into recovery with the red triangle????

When I use terminal on windows, this i what I end op with????

Sending'recovery' OK

Writing 'recovery'.......INFOsignature checking...

FAILED (remote: signature verify fail)

What to do????

Please help

Guest broncogr
When I use Rom manager, it just reboot into recovery with the red triangle????

When I use terminal on windows, this i what I end op with????

Sending'recovery' OK

Writing 'recovery'.......INFOsignature checking...

FAILED (remote: signature verify fail)

What to do????

Please help

Have you S-OFF?

Guest cturbos

when my phone is off,i still have clockwork recovery when i charge it,do others have the same thing?did paul adress this issue?

thank you

Edited by cturbos