Lite ROMs By Speedfrog

Guest Speedfrog

Guest speedfrog
Hi speedfrog.

I used your JH1 semi lite ROM and I met some problem. Maybe just you can help me - I didn't found any information anywhere.

It seams that in your ROM there is not executed SIM initialization. (maybe siminit.dll - but it exist in Windows and is also mentioned in registry).

Then in NoData - there is nothing to be toggled.

I also see just some "Servizi TIM" SIM, but in all others ROM there was msg after first run saying that new SIM was found and it was reconfigured. (in my case I always had "O2 SIM" - my provider)

Is there any way how to start this SIM initialization or force it to be executed?

Anyway big thanks for your ROM.

try to Restore Connections or in Network Options press manual and it will search for available networks or you can select a network in Operator settings.

try to Restore Connections or in Network Options press manual and it will search for available networks or you can select a network in Operator settings.

No, it doesn help. But I dont have problem with provider, I can call and get SMS. My problem is that other connection (WAP, MMS...) werent defined, because SIM was not probably initialized - I didnt got msg like "New SIM card was found, do you want to automatically configure ...." - this msg was displayed for all other ROM, but not in JH1.

I probably can to define all these connections manualy, if I only knew necessary informations.

Guest TheThingx

Hi,

I'm using JH2 semi, very nice, but:

1)After a hard reset, i have "Rich internet" and "Samsung Apps" non working shortcuts in start menu (they have generic icons too), i know u didn't include them because i didn't see them in the screenshots of programs, any advice?

2)You mentioned above that WM 6.5 is faster than 6.5.x, why is that? isn't newer version with many updates like .NET3.5 makes it faster? please explain :lol:

3)Can you cook a JH2 with the newest 6.5.x kernel (build 23133 i think!)?

Thanks a ton for this ROM, i wish for the day for a lazy-oriented full automated cooking tool :)

Guest speedfrog
Hi,

I'm using JH2 semi, very nice, but:

1)After a hard reset, i have "Rich internet" and "Samsung Apps" non working shortcuts in start menu (they have generic icons too), i know u didn't include them because i didn't see them in the screenshots of programs, any advice?

2)You mentioned above that WM 6.5 is faster than 6.5.x, why is that? isn't newer version with many updates like .NET3.5 makes it faster? please explain :lol:

3)Can you cook a JH2 with the newest 6.5.x kernel (build 23133 i think!)?

Thanks a ton for this ROM, i wish for the day for a lazy-oriented full automated cooking tool :)

1. The icons are in the CSC you flashed with, but i deleted them from the rom.

2. 6.5 is faster because it doesnt have fansy icons, big icons and large texts like 6.5.3 and 6.5 uses less ram then.

3. No, i will wait for a new version of samsungs firmware before i cook a new rom.

Guest TheThingx
1. The icons are in the CSC you flashed with, but i deleted them from the rom.

2. 6.5 is faster because it doesnt have fansy icons, big icons and large texts like 6.5.3 and 6.5 uses less ram then.

3. No, i will wait for a new version of samsungs firmware before i cook a new rom.

1. Thanks for the info, I'm using the XEUJE5 CSC and i saw it contains the shortcuts(used executor).

2. Less memory footprint = more performance?, then little more memory footprint + better code = more performance too !

3. You'r call, we wait your new release next firmware :lol:

Edited by TheThingx

Guest xaznxplaya

Great ROM beside that I used the .cab to get back the original samsung lockscreen but I'm not able to change the background x.x

PS: Nevermind, I got it working lol

Edited by xaznxplaya

Thank you for good consideration and your experience as a ROM cooker. You provided those ROM_dump.bin as well the full ROM like on JH1 and JH2. I was very appreciated your contribution in this community.

Guest Terry666

Hi "speedfrog" Thank you for your ROMs. I use your JH1 (hardcore 6.5 :lol: )

I have a request as I damaged my "Touch Player" when I installed a different fancy one which wasn't working... I uninstalled it but I lost the original player...

Do you (or anybody here) have a CAB of the "Touch Player" to reinstall it?

Thank you i advance.

Guest Terry666
try one of these

Touch Player

Only Main Storage because other samsung programs needs it under Windows folder

JD1 http://rapidshare.com/files/374743905/Sina...ouch_Player.cab

JD4 http://rapidshare.com/files/380892686/Sina...ouch_Player.cab

thanks to sinan :lol:

"Error while freedownload"

"File not found." ... B)

Thanks for the reply "speedfrog", no luck after multiple tries...

Maybe someone have it???

Edited by Terry666

Guest Terry666
you can ask sinan to reupload the cab :lol:

Finally this afternoon the links were working B) ... BUT When I tried to install them (in the Main Storage they both return a message: Not enough permissions to install the file...

I them install them in My Storage, the installation finished but the "New" "Touch Player" can't read my MP3 / MP4 files ... :lol: Any idea???

Looks I've to use the Windows Media Player... B)

Thank you anyway for your prompt reply and of course thank to "sinancetinkaya"

Guest msegmx
No, it doesn help. But I dont have problem with provider, I can call and get SMS. My problem is that other connection (WAP, MMS...) werent defined, because SIM was not probably initialized - I didnt got msg like "New SIM card was found, do you want to automatically configure ...." - this msg was displayed for all other ROM, but not in JH1.

I probably can to define all these connections manualy, if I only knew necessary informations.

+1

Hi SpeedFrog,

Thanks for sharing your work !

I use your JH1 6.5 English ROM 01.09 rom and everything is fine, but the problem explained by AgX, I have that, too.

When inserting a new sim card, the phone doesn't suggest to automatically configure new settings.

That is not a big problem, we can manually configure them.

The problem here is, when some programs can't connect to internet for some reason, I normally used the Restore Connections function.

That solved the problem.

But now, when I do that, all manually configured network values are being deleted (I'm too not talking about making or receiving a call/sms etc., but using the internet)

is there an option to turn 'automatic configuration' on ? like something in the registry or a dll to install etc ?

Guest shadowangel
+1

Hi SpeedFrog,

Thanks for sharing your work !

I use your JH1 6.5 English ROM 01.09 rom and everything is fine, but the problem explained by AgX, I have that, too.

When inserting a new sim card, the phone doesn't suggest to automatically configure new settings.

That is not a big problem, we can manually configure them.

The problem here is, when some programs can't connect to internet for some reason, I normally used the Restore Connections function.

That solved the problem.

But now, when I do that, all manually configured network values are being deleted (I'm too not talking about making or receiving a call/sms etc., but using the internet)

is there an option to turn 'automatic configuration' on ? like something in the registry or a dll to install etc ?

If you do not have in your Imei(country).pfg file the configuration of that operator, that problem could happen...

Most ROMs have by default some pfg files... but there could be some cases where you need an updated CSC to have a newer pfg of your local operator.

Just a guess though

Guest msegmx
If you do not have in your Imei(country).pfg file the configuration of that operator, that problem could happen...

Most ROMs have by default some pfg files... but there could be some cases where you need an updated CSC to have a newer pfg of your local operator.

Just a guess though

Thanks for the info. so it's not about the rom (which does its job really good) but the cfg file I used. it's I8000TITJH1.csc. I'm in Turkey.

I've flushed a lot, but don't know very much in detail about it.

I know what JH1 means, but what does TIT mean ? which country ?

what if I'd use an older cfg file when flushing ?

and, I've that java problem, too. Sinan's java.cab gets installed but doesn't start. the one from this thread doesn't even install.

but that problem can wait for now..

Guest johnchua55

here try this java cab

http://www.4shared.com/file/5Jaq_QjQ/Esmer...09021751R2.html

i've had been trying all sorts of java cab on JH1 roms .... samsung java cabs don't seem to work at all .... but i found this and tried it .... and it works well ... only downside i see is in some cases the fonts are really tiny .... or tap button is tiny as well ...... but this java cab worked well enough and with most java cabs i've tried they weren't able to access my storage or SD card .... this one does.