Official 2.2 Froyo Untouched

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest streakuser

I've tried everything I know of. I've spent all day on this and I'm no further along, in fact I'm probably making it worse.

What do you suggest?

[/quote

I had the same problem. I had to use a cardreader to flash the original 02 1.6 Rom back to the SD card. I have the files I needed on the laptop so if you are still stuck let me know and I'll find the download links again for you - but you will need a micro sd card reader.

Guest johnafish
I had the same problem. I had to use a cardreader to flash the original 02 1.6 Rom back to the SD card. I have the files I needed on the laptop so if you are still stuck let me know and I'll find the download links again for you - but you will need a micro sd card reader.

I have a micro-SD reader, I just need to know which files to flash & any specific order or procedures that need to be observed. At this stage I'd settle for any OS.

While trying to 'fix' it I have flashed the recovery, boot, amss & system files, I have power cycled it as described then done a factory reset on boot-up, I have also tried flashing different images from the SD card using the recovery option (usually with a filename mismatch error but not always), nothing has got it to boot, though I've seen some unusual flashing light etc. Right now I don't know what state it is in. Clearly there's something in there that isn't updated by the original three files.

If I can't get it going I need to find a repairer (ideally near Ashford, Kent, UK) to fix it, at this point it looks like I might have to buy a new one and sell this as 'bricked' on ebay.

I have a micro-SD reader, I just need to know which files to flash & any specific order or procedures that need to be observed. At this stage I'd settle for any OS.

While trying to 'fix' it I have flashed the recovery, boot, amss & system files, I have power cycled it as described then done a factory reset on boot-up, I have also tried flashing different images from the SD card using the recovery option (usually with a filename mismatch error but not always), nothing has got it to boot, though I've seen some unusual flashing light etc. Right now I don't know what state it is in. Clearly there's something in there that isn't updated by the original three files.

If I can't get it going I need to find a repairer (ideally near Ashford, Kent, UK) to fix it, at this point it looks like I might have to buy a new one and sell this as 'bricked' on ebay.

I have been in the exact same boat as you! I too have a unlocked EU Streak which I purchased directly from Dell with the same Baseband and Build as yourself.

I'm now not stuck on the Dell logo anymore and I followed this guide to get me up to 2.1 as Steve advised this would be better rather than jumping straight from 1.6

http://android.modaco.com/content/dell-str...rboot-recovery/

•Stock recovery (build 4399) - DOWNLOAD (ROMraid Load Balancing) - MD5: 1211852b3cea6f3610931f99d477ff5e

Download the above first from that post then download one of the 2.1 builds

Anyone having data problems? I cant log into gmail through stock or dolphin browser and cant get to my companys site it either says to many server redirects or a secure connection could not be established. Is there a solution for this?

Guest streakuser

Follow this link - translate it into English - it does work and the files are available. I'm in Bournemouth but email me and I can maybe talk you through it if you get stuck

jonnie*at*cransley.com

Guest johnafish
I have been in the exact same boat as you! I too have a unlocked EU Streak which I purchased directly from Dell with the same Baseband and Build as yourself.

I'm now not stuck on the Dell logo anymore and I followed this guide to get me up to 2.1 as Steve advised this would be better rather than jumping straight from 1.6

http://android.modaco.com/content/dell-str...rboot-recovery/

•Stock recovery (build 4399) - DOWNLOAD (ROMraid Load Balancing) - MD5: 1211852b3cea6f3610931f99d477ff5e

Download the above first from that post then download one of the 2.1 builds

Ive tried the 8105 and 8023 options with the stock recovery and both resulted in the stuck Dell logo, I will try again tonight with the 6941 version.

Guest johnafish
Ive tried the 8105 and 8023 options with the stock recovery and both resulted in the stuck Dell logo, I will try again tonight with the 6941 version.

Tried the 6941 version, still got the Dell logo.

Thanks to everyone who's tried to help, but clearly I'm doing something wrong, I've spent the whole weekend on this so I'm giving up.

Guest Wonsanim

Hey Guys I just finish flashing My Streak from AT&T 1.6 to Froyo 2.2 GAUSB1A130900 Build 11548 is this the newest One? I Hear is a Second Build or is the one I flash the newest one? B)

Guest topshelf95

I have a new streak on the 6601 build and am following the steps to move to 4399, 8105, and hopefully get to here. However, i have hit a major roadblock. When I try to flash to 4399 everything goes smoothly until the progress bar gets half way and then tells me my "Software is up to date: Rebooting in 30 seconds"

I am not new to flashing and was putting a new rom on the captivate every other day, so I'm not new to following directions and reading the forums for help. I have found several other threads from the past months with the same problem, but no one ever posted a fix!!! I've tried every combo I can thing of, flashed different recovery's, tried skipping 4399 all together, tried using clockwork and changed the .pkg to a zip file. I've never had such a hard time getting past one thing while flashing. I'm hoping I'm just missing something really obvious and it's an easy fix, but can someone please help me!! I have read and re-read the directions and can't find anything I am missing.

Guest streakuser
Tried the 6941 version, still got the Dell logo.

Thanks to everyone who's tried to help, but clearly I'm doing something wrong, I've spent the whole weekend on this so I'm giving up.

Google translate the link I sent you earlier. Follow the instructions to the letter and it WILL work. It will restore the streak to 1.6.

I was bricked like you with the Dell logo until I followed the instructions - and was running 1.6 clean install within an hour. Shame you aren't nearer as you could have popped over with it ...

Guest johnafish
Google translate the link I sent you earlier. Follow the instructions to the letter and it WILL work. It will restore the streak to 1.6.

I was bricked like you with the Dell logo until I followed the instructions - and was running 1.6 clean install within an hour. Shame you aren't nearer as you could have popped over with it ...

I did try it, everything seemed to work, still got the Dell logo. It may be something I'm doing but I think I have followed all the instructions properly.

Just a couple of things I was curious about, my driver in Windows 7 says "Android ADB interface", is that right? It appears to flash the files. Also there are at least two versions of fastboot.exe, one that shows the elapsed time of the transfers and one (a larger file) that doesn't, does that matter?

I'm ordering a new phone tomorrow and I'll look for somewhere that might be able to fix this one before I sell it.

Edited by johnafish

Guest streakuser
I did try it, everything seemed to work, still got the Dell logo. It may be something I'm doing but I think I have followed all the instructions properly.

Just a couple of things I was curious about, my driver in Windows 7 says "Android ADB interface", is that right? It appears to flash the files. Also there are at least two versions of fastboot.exe, one that shows the elapsed time of the transfers and one (a larger file) that doesn't, does that matter?

I'm ordering a new phone tomorrow and I'll look for somewhere that might be able to fix this one before I sell it.

Not sure at the moment as just arrived back - I will try and check the versions I used tomorrrow as I have themn all in a folder on the desktop. Sorry you have had the problems. Maybe worth a call to Dell before ordering another one?

Guest streakuser

Loving the Dell 2.2 update. Had to download ADW as hated the stage interface. Didn't manage Fards props build :-( but battery life seems excellent and no crashes and seemless transitions between wireless and 3G. BBC iplayer works perfectly, fast and responsive. Swype keyboard also cool but needs a little getting used to. Volume controls still the wrong way around - but finally no Giro problems and bluetooth audio works with all my two devices! Big thanks to Steve for posting the update and trying the various rom's. - will send a donation.

Guest streakuser

Should have added that I tried all Stephens mods to version 4 - then went back to 1.6 stock 02 build - then 2.1 stock and then Dell leaked 2.2 build. I had no problems and the settings remained in the 2.2 build. However I decided to do a factory reboot which lost all data including the APN.

Download APN backup from the market (free) and then you can restore all the APN settings - which was very useful.

Stephen's mods seemed more responsive - but although this maybe a slower build, it appears so far to be very stable, however I'd still like to get Fards update into it.

Nice for us Guys and Gals to be reassured that a mate of mine with an iphone 4G couldn't get a signal on 02 when I was fine with a good browsing speed on the Streak - same with wifi - and even on the Dell build similar apps were loading faster on the Dell :-)

Guest toronto65

Hello

This is my starting point: unlocked streak with US freq, leaked O2 2.1 6941 build, baseband GAUSB1A120321-US.

Not rooted (afaik), adb sees the device, fastboot sees the device (fastboot reboot worked, but fastboot devices said '? fastboot').

What would be the proper steps to get official 2.2, without messing the unlocking and the working freq?

(I'm a bit lost because the os is EU based but the freq are US, and also the os is a leaked version)

Asking because I'm not sure if I can put this 2.2 straight on top of what I have, or if I need to pass through other versions inbetween.

Much appreciated

Edited by toronto65

Hello

This is my starting point: unlocked streak with US freq, leaked O2 2.1 6941 build, baseband GAUSB1A120321-US.

Not rooted (afaik), adb sees the device, fastboot sees the device (fastboot reboot worked, but fastboot devices said '? fastboot').

What would be the proper steps to get official 2.2, without messing the unlocking and the working freq?

(I'm a bit lost because the os is EU based but the freq are US, and also the os is a leaked version)

Asking because I'm not sure if I can put this 2.2 straight on top of what I have, or if I need to pass through other versions inbetween.

Much appreciated

Option 1: Page 1 of this thread

Option 2: http://android.modaco.com/content/dell-str...-2-upgrade-pkg/

Custom ROMs are generally better... exhibit A: B)

Option 3: http://android.modaco.com/content/dell-str...ncement-thread/

Guest toronto65
Option 1: Page 1 of this thread

That was AWESOME!

I must confess those 3 mins after rebooting were suspenseful, but ....froyo is here! B)

Thanks to all who made this possible... Dell should give you a raise :)

Guest All3gro97

Hi Stephen

This guide worked perfectlty for me and I was able to update from 'official O2 8105 2.1' to 2.2.

However, having experienced the 'too many page redirect' website issues and the FC on the camcorder I decided regrettably to go back to 8105 and await the O2 official ROM.

However, one thing I noticed is that the baseband is changed with the update you described to 2.2 (to 00 - understandably) but when you come to perform an update with an Update.pkg (dell's offcial) 2.2 ROM you get FOTA mismatch - because the baseband is still recorded somewhere as 21 not 00. Looked in build.prop but did not dig any further (noob).

Anyway - sitting now waiting for officail O2 rom or for confirmation that the Camcorder and website issues are resolved before I update further.

keep up the good work guys this site is awesome!

Guest goodwoodone

Thought I had bricked my dell but used this and all is working again now to get Stephens rom on it rather than dells poor effort.

Stephen you are the Man

Guest streakuser

Yep, Android composite ADB interface shows up for me.

The files I have are as in the attached jpegs, I flashed by clicking on recovery.stock - (not from cmd)

post-747821-1290432879_thumb.jpg

post-747821-1290432901_thumb.jpg

Guest RedSlug
ok ive posted this on one of the topics but ill post it directly now

this build is totally untouched and not edited by me at all, im simply uploading it as dell cant even make a working pkg file

http://build2.streakdroid.com/amss-system-boot.zip

extract this file on a pc and fastboot flash the 3 files then reboot streak

fastboot -i 0x413c flash boot boot.img

fastboot -i 0x413c flash system system.img

fastboot -i 0x413c flash amss amss.mbn

ill be updating my build with things off this one also soon

Is this the right method to update a UK, O2 locked device, on 1.4.1?

Guest hdbueller

I am as confused as a baby in a topless bar......I am on the O2 2.1.1 update with the 21-us bb rooted with UA. Can I just flash this as a regular update, or do I need to do the baseband sh.. I mean stuff? LOL

Thanks.....

Guest RichB93
I just applied the files to 1.2.0 and no factory reset after

so far all seems well. (with some FC attempts that are from poking it too quickly while it was thinking)

ROM includes:

30 day trial of Co-pilot live

assisstant free (by pageonce)

dell video stage (streaming PPV movies)

evernote

zinio reader

launcher Pro (un-regged)

after install I dl'ed z4root and adw.launcher from market

And Swype B)

Guest BigBlue007

I've got a common question:

From my understanding, this procedure to flash the Froyo OS doesn't really seem to be depending on anything. Since it flashes the boot image, the baseband and the main system image, it shouldn't really matter what OS/baseband is on the Streak before performing this update. The only thing that is not being flashed is the recovery, but as long as the recovery isn't needed, that shouldn't be an issue.

Given that my assumptions are correct, I would have 2 questions:

1. Couldn't this procedure be used for any kind of "virtually-bricked" Streaks to get to a running system, making it possible to either leave it then, or go back to whatever one wants to go back using the known how-to's?

2. Why are all these downgrading procedures so complicated when this procedure here indicates that you can simply flash boot, baseband and system image from any given firmware using fastboot, no matter what is currently installed on the device? Or the other way around, why isn't it possible to extract these 3 images from each firmware update package so that they can simply be flashed via fastboot? And again, I know that the recovery partition is there as well, but shouldn't it be possible to simply flash the matching recovery image (or a custom recovery) after flashing the 3 firmware images?

The bottom line is that I'm just wondering why things are so complicated when it comes to downgrading to whatever, when this flashing procedere here seems to work out of almost any condition and without any preparations.

But probably I'm just missing something important... B)

Edited by BigBlue007