How To Install Official Dell 2.2 Upgrade.pkg

Guest homeiss

Guest homeiss

This guide will assume you're running O2 1.6 (build 4399). If you're not, then go to my other guide here and follow it to either go from AT&T 1.6 (build 6601) to O2 1.6 (build 4399), or to downgrade from DJ_Steve's ROM or from O2 2.1 (build 8105) to O2 1.6 (build 4399).

To get the Dell Official upgrade.pkg to install you must be running the 00 Baseband.

1. Download this zip file which contains a recovery for downgrading here.
  2. Move the recovery.img file to wherever your fastboot.exe is.
  3. Put your Streak into fastboot mode.
  4. Open up command line type: fastboot -i 0x413c flash recovery recovery.stock.new.img
  5. Once it says it's done writing type: fastboot -i 0x413c reboot in command line.
  6. Root your Streak using Universal Androot found here (you will ptobably have to click "Go Root" twice to get it to work).
  7. Now download RootExplorer from the Market.
  8. Download Official 1.6 (6267 Build) from here.
  9. Rename the file to Update.pkg and copy it to the root of your SD Card.
  10. Dowload this file and put it on the root of your SD Card.
  11. Download this file and unzip it to your SD Card.
  12. In RootExplorer click the Mount r/w button at the top. Then copy the files you unzipped to the same place on the Streak (etc to /etc, system to /system).
  13. Now download a Terminal Emulator app and type: su
  14. This will give you superuser abilities and then type: flash_image boot /sdcard/boot.img
  15. Reboot your Streak and let it boot back into Android.
  16. Reboot your Streak While holding the volume keys down and then apply the update from sdcard.
  17. It will take a while to install and boot.
  18. Download the newest build of the "Official Dell 2.2" from here.
  19. Rename the file to Update.pkg and copy it to the root of your SD Card.
  20. Reboot your Streak While holding the volume keys down and then apply the update from sdcard.
  21. Again, it will take a while to install and reboot, but when it does you should be running Dell's 2.2 (11548 Build) with the 00 Baseband.
Original source for downgrading to 00 BB: here Edited by homeiss

wouldnt it be easier to do the following:

use a stock recovery partition from 6267-00 build

put the offical dell 2.2 on SD

flash the 6267 recovery with fastboot

reboot and go into stock recovery

flash the offical 2.2 build with the 6267 recovery

be happy

why is it so complicated and not how i described ? is there a technical reason that someone can explain ?

Guest GOOTHRIE

Help me please I can do all on your list until flashing 6267-00 build my device appear "FOTA model name mismatch" and then it rebooted

So how can I fix this ?

Guest pogiewun

In RootExplorer click the Mount r/w button at the top. Then copy the files you unzipped to the same place on the Streak (etc to /etc, system to /system).

can you please help me out with this step. im not really to sure how to go about doing this part. can you be a little more specific on what to do? thanks so much!

Guest hyellow
In RootExplorer click the Mount r/w button at the top. Then copy the files you unzipped to the same place on the Streak (etc to /etc, system to /system).

can you please help me out with this step. im not really to sure how to go about doing this part. can you be a little more specific on what to do? thanks so much!

when you launch root explorer, you are in the android system with its folders, from here you go to the sdcard. press the menu button once so you can select multiselect options, just for your convenience. Then copy both of the folders etc and system. go back to the android system and just paste it into there. that's all.

Guest homeiss
Help me please I can do all on your list until flashing 6267-00 build my device appear "FOTA model name mismatch" and then it rebooted

So how can I fix this ?

You probably didn't copy the folders to the right place from the recovery6767_00.zip, or flash the boot.img correct? Something isn't right if you're getting that error. Try following the guide again...

what is the correct method if we use Steve's Froyo 1.x.x ?

I downgraded straight from Steve's 1.3 to O2 1.6 (build 4399), then followed this guide.

Guest mrmrmrmr

it is a long path to downgrade from Steve's Froyo 1.x.x to O2 1.6 (4399)

then to apply this guide in post 1.

does it worth it ?

I mean, is the result different than directly upgrading with fastboot method (flashing boot, system and baseband) ?

Guest Spectre51

When I get to step 16 I start to apply the Update.zip and it just goes to a black screen and sits there. I've let it sit there for a while but don't know if it is doing anything. Should I see the normal progress bar or is it just a black screen?

Guest Wonsanim

homeiss why I try to Flash using your instructions on how to flash from AT&T 1.6 to O2 1.6 to O2 2.1,My device never can get Download RECOVERY Done! can't pass fastboot -i 0x413c flash recovery recovery.stock.img after enter allways and invalid message. B) some help please :)

When I get to step 16 I start to apply the Update.zip and it just goes to a black screen and sits there. I've let it sit there for a while but don't know if it is doing anything. Should I see the normal progress bar or is it just a black screen?

Ok, I've got this exact same issue. When I first selected "Update from Update.pkg on SD card" it worked as usual and gave me a FOTA error. Upon restarting, it now just brings me to a blank black screen when I click "Update from Update.pkg". The phone starts fine as rooted O2 1.6 but will not enter recovery mode. I've tried waiting 15 min and re-flashing the recovery.stock.new.img to no avail. Any suggestions?

Edit: Ok now I think I've really screwed the pooch, I tried a factory reset and i'm stuck at the dell logo now >.>

Edited by NexusX

Ok I've been stuck with no recovery screen and it getting frozen on the dell logo for 15 min now, gonna try to fix things by flashing the boot system and amss files that steve gave out earlier and see what happens...

Ok I've been stuck with no recovery screen and it getting frozen on the dell logo for 15 min now, gonna try to fix things by flashing the boot system and amss files that steve gave out earlier and see what happens...

K, that didn't help at all. Any idea how I reverse this?

Guest 1800yolk

So how can I fix this ?

I'm getting this problem too, and trying again, instead of getting an error, I can't even begin to install 6267. I did a factory reset before trying the instructions again, and no go. Will upgrading to build 6601 get the job done too? Because it uses a different approach, i might give it a go.

Guest llecaroz

So how can I fix this ?

Ok... so if you exactly followed the previous thread on how to downgrad from 21 to 00 & have this error, just flash with fastboot the recovery with the 6267 one here attached in this post: http://android.modaco.com/content/dell-str...s/#entry1401687

I had exactly the same issue... I totally followed all the steps of downgrading from 21 to 00.. & finally encountered a FOTA error at the end when tried to update the .pkg... so I finally flashed the recovery with this one attached above in the link.... & I was able to sucessfully install the 6267 pkg !!!

But don't try to flah the 6267 recovery without having followed all the steps to downgrade from 21 to 00 or you will get a black screen when trying to update the pkg ! this must be done only if you encountered the fota error even if you follow correctly all the downgrade steps !

Guest Spectre51

Nevermind got past it. I reverted back to ATT 1.6 and started over. When I got to the part about copying the files to the etc and system folder instead of trying to copy the folder over I went down into the extracted folders and copied each file individually. That seemed to do the trick. its booting up in 6267 now. Time for the 2.2 update. B)

Alright, my current situation is that I have the AT&T pkg on my sdcard but the downgrade recovery img won't work on my phone (I've tried redownloading and reflashing it multiple times). I can install Koush's custom recovery and the stock recovery, but neither of them allows me to install the PKG (Koush's requires a zip and the stock recovery comes up with a FOTA error). Does anybody know if there is a way to get a different pkg or an update.zip on the phone without being able to get past the Dell logo? Or, alternatively, is there any other recovery img that I can flash which will allow me to install the PKG that is provided in this thread? Thanks for the help, I'm really stumped here

Guest llecaroz
I managed to install 6601 using this guide: http://android.modaco.com/content/dell-str...ing-the-streak/

and it didn't degrade the baseband.. This whole guide isn't working for me. Nothing about it is confusing, but it's not working, and I've tried it several ways. I remembered to take out the battery before each fastboot, etc.

Personaly, I FULLY followed this one: http://android.modaco.com/content/dell-str...1-to-00-builds/

+ at the last step, as said in one or two post above, I flashed with the 6267_00.img recovery

& I was able to sucessfully the official 2.2 (just did it there are fiew minutes) & everything works well now!

Edited by llecaroz

Alright, my current situation is that I have the AT&T pkg on my sdcard but the downgrade recovery img won't work on my phone (I've tried redownloading and reflashing it multiple times). I can install Koush's custom recovery and the stock recovery, but neither of them allows me to install the PKG (Koush's requires a zip and the stock recovery comes up with a FOTA error). Does anybody know if there is a way to get a different pkg or an update.zip on the phone without being able to get past the Dell logo? Or, alternatively, is there any other recovery img that I can flash which will allow me to install the PKG that is provided in this thread? Thanks for the help, I'm really stumped here

To those who share my issue, here's how you resolve it:

I was stuck at the Dell logo with no way of using the recovery image for hours... couldn't boot the phone and couldn't boot the recovery image b/c it just went to a black screen using the one provided in this thread or I'd get a FOTA error if I used any other (given they too didn't lead to a black screen). Thanks to the help of Meralias on IRC, I found the actual recovery image for 6267 (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=B43BI8U6). This should allow you to install the 6267 update.pkg and be on your way toward froyo!

In other words, if you can't get past step 16, try flashing THIS recovery image!

Edited by NexusX

Guest 1800yolk
To those who share my issue, here's how you resolve it:

I was stuck at the Dell logo with no way of using the recovery image for hours... couldn't boot the phone and couldn't boot the recovery image b/c it just went to a black screen using the one provided in this thread or I'd get a FOTA error if I used any other (given they too didn't lead to a black screen). Thanks to the help of Meralias on IRC, I found the actual recovery image for 6267 (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=B43BI8U6). This should allow you to install the 6267 update.pkg and be on your way toward froyo!

In other words, if you can't get past step 16, try flashing THIS recovery image!

LIFESAVER!! Thanks man!