internet access via usb

Guest Ernoke

I dont have a Wifi router, I want to share my PC's internet connection via USB for the phone. Is it possible?

(Edit: fixed typo)

Edited by Ernoke

Guest ASY9650

You can but it will require spending money and doing a little research based on your Operating System etc.

Just Google for - How to turn PC into WIFI hotspot < your operating system >.

Think it can be done with some USB adapters or a PCI card. Dependent on the spare slots available on your motherboard a PCI card may not be an option.

Guest nashapps
I dont have a Wifi router, I want to share my PC's internet connection via USB for the phone. Is it possible?

Your PC, is it laptop or desktop?

Laptop definitely has wifi, right? with the help from a program named connectify from http://connectify.me, you can turn your laptop's wifi into access point, and your phone can connect through that.

believe me, it works. i used it all day.

• 5 months later...
Guest Stephen J. Knill

Sadly, no it's not (at this time)... you can share Phone connection -> PC, but not the other way around (via USB) this will have to be done via the WiFi method.

• 2 months later...

Your PC, is it laptop or desktop?

Laptop definitely has wifi, right? with the help from a program named connectify from http://connectify.me, you can turn your laptop's wifi into access point, and your phone can connect through that.

believe me, it works. i used it all day.

True but only on windows 7 ! You should mention this....