03/Mar Gr26 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for Nexus One with Online Kitchen (2.3.3 / GRI54)

Guest PaulOBrien

Hi,

Since I've ugraded to the r24, my Nexus one reboots by itself now and then but more often after a phone call.

Any idea why and how to avoid this ?

Thanks,

Seb

Guest fouhyjm

Anyone have any idea of why Angry Birds won't work for me on this ROM? It shows in the market and downloads, but installation fails. I can't even re-install it from Titanium Backup, it fails too. Any ideas? Thanks.

Anyone have any idea of why Angry Birds won't work for me on this ROM? It shows in the market and downloads, but installation fails. I can't even re-install it from Titanium Backup, it fails too. Any ideas? Thanks.

Are you using A2SD? I am not using A2SD and haven't had any issues with Angry Birds.

Guest fouhyjm
Are you using A2SD? I am not using A2SD and haven't had any issues with Angry Birds.

No A2SD. I guess I may just re-flash the ROM to see if that helps. Thanks for the reply.

Guest CODR3SH

A question because I'm new to this...

Everytime an update will be listed I have to reinstall the whole system?

Moving from original rom to this version from this topic I had to wipe everything...updating this version I will have to wipe again my data?

Or, only changing the rom version it is necessary to wipe data?

Thank you.

Edited by CODR3SH

A question because I'm new to this...

Everytime an update will be listed I have to reinstall the whole system?

Moving from original rom to this version from this topic I had to wipe everything...updating this version I will have to wipe again my data?

Or, only changing the rom version it is necessary to wipe data?

Thank you.

You should be able to update your system with out doing a full wipe. The only time that a wipe would be needed is if your system for some reason is not performing correctly after the update.

I flashed from r22 with A2SD+ to r24 with radio and A2SD+, it's working great!

I did NOT wipe, and the following Dev Tools crash on load: "Development Settings", "Exception Browser", and "Sync Tester"

And other programs using root privileges are working fine. If I cared about Dev Tools more I'd wipe and try again, but I don't (maybe later). Just letting you know...

Thanks Paul!!!! ;)

I've done a full wipe and the above crashes persist.

Does anyone have the Dev Tools "Development Settings", "Exception Browser", and "Sync Tester" working correctly with r24 w/ A2SD+?

Edited by milb

I've done a full wipe and the above crashes persist.

Does anyone have the Dev Tools "Development Settings", "Exception Browser", and "Sync Tester" working correctly with r24 w/ A2SD+?

I did an install from a stock FRG83D. I rooted, wiped and installed r24 with radio update. Those tools fail for me as well.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest numbersix

Paul,

I love this ROM and became a paying member because of the kitchen. Well done! However, I do have one small request. Would it be possible for you to add the SIM toolkit (Stk.apk) to the kitchen for the next release? I am a frequent traveller and have over 10 SIM cards and some of them are easier to use if you have access to the SIM menus.

thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello there, I have to admit I have just started with custom roms on my brand-news used nexus one, so I apologize if this is an obvious question for everybody else. After spending almost a day figuring it out myself, maybe someone can help me with this.

When trying to install any Modaco images, I end up with an error message when it comes to create the symlink

symlink /system/xbin SYSTEM:xbin/bb

it just stops here. It does not seem to be just this symlink, if I remove that instruction from the update-script [intending to set the symlink by hand later], recover barks at the next symlink instruction. Unfortunately, ra-restore does not contain a little shell, so I have no way of seeing what is going wrong and why. Now I am lost. Can anyone get me a hint?

AFAIK (its a used phone), I am starting from a "virgin" stock version, but if I am not mistaken, the SYSTEM partition gets formatted anyway.

What am I doing wrong? Any help would be highly appreciated.

Sven

Sorry, this was meant to be posted in the forum regarding the ROM for Sense on Nexus1. Actually, the package discussed in this thread works flawlessly.

Sven

Hello there, I have to admit I have just started with custom roms on my brand-news used nexus one, so I apologize if this is an obvious question for everybody else. After spending almost a day figuring it out myself, maybe someone can help me with this.

When trying to install any Modaco images, I end up with an error message when it comes to create the symlink

symlink /system/xbin SYSTEM:xbin/bb

it just stops here. It does not seem to be just this symlink, if I remove that instruction from the update-script [intending to set the symlink by hand later], recover barks at the next symlink instruction. Unfortunately, ra-restore does not contain a little shell, so I have no way of seeing what is going wrong and why. Now I am lost. Can anyone get me a hint?

AFAIK (its a used phone), I am starting from a "virgin" stock version, but if I am not mistaken, the SYSTEM partition gets formatted anyway.

What am I doing wrong? Any help would be highly appreciated.

Sven

Whenever I open the Camera app and change the slider to Video mode the phone locks up and reboots. It happens every time, I cannot record video.

Ever seen this problem?

I am running the MoDaCo FRG83D with default additions.

There is a similar discussion here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/archive/in...p/t-687147.html In which people post that Radio is needed.... hmmm, if that is the case it should be very easily reproducible on everyones phone?

SOLVED I took out a modaco subscription and downloaded a rom with Radio from the kitchen and.... (drumroll... ) it works!I can record video now.

I wonder why the default ROMs do not include this. Bug?

Whenever I open the Camera app and change the slider to Video mode the phone locks up and reboots. It happens every time, I cannot record video.

Ever seen this problem?

I am running the MoDaCo FRG83D with default additions.

There is a similar discussion here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/archive/in...p/t-687147.html In which people post that Radio is needed.... hmmm, if that is the case it should be very easily reproducible on everyones phone?