03/Mar Gr26 - NO SENSE: MoDaCo Custom ROM for HTC Desire with Online Kitchen (2.3.3 / GRI54)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest professordes

Excellent ROM - many thanks to Paul. One quirk, for me at any rate. Google Goggles FCs once it has got past the welcome screen

and brings up the camera. Persists in FC'ing even after data is cleared.

Anyone else?

Guest EddyOS

Random question - anyone know how to get the Sense live wallpaper working? I know how to add it to the ROM but it FCs when selecting it. Surely it doesn't 'need' Sense to run as it's just a wallpaper?

EDIT: Sorted, needed some lib files

Edited by EddyOS

Guest Shahar Biron

Did anyone encounter a problem that after a random reboot that Exchange security pin is not accepted? This makes the phone stuck on incoming calls only... It happened to me twice so I reverted to Froyo... even though the speed and battery life is amazing (I still need the PIN code after reboot... cannot wipe and recover every reboot...).

Any help would be appreciated.

Guest sleestak

I just had my first reboot >> boot loop today. When I pulled the battery and fired it back up, about 4 apps that were installed on the SD card were no longer "installed" although they showed up on my list of applications, I just couldn't uninstall, open, etc. Desktop icon was the generic missing app/android icon. So a few of us got the bootloop, but differing results afterwards.

Another bit I am noticing is that the lights on 3 of my keys: Menu : Home : Search will sometimes not light up. Other times they all light...odd.

Guest Cwiiis

Another reboot loop must've occurred while I was sleeping last night, as my phone battery was completely dead when I woke up (thankfully before my alarm) - so I can no longer rely on my phone's alarm with this ROM... It'd be great if this issue was confirmed, I'm going to have to switch if there's no fix incoming :D

Guest Johnrg
Another reboot loop must've occurred while I was sleeping last night, as my phone battery was completely dead when I woke up (thankfully before my alarm) - so I can no longer rely on my phone's alarm with this ROM... It'd be great if this issue was confirmed, I'm going to have to switch if there's no fix incoming :D

+1

Mine rebooted last night, but luckily for me (kind of) I woke up in the early hours and saw the screen in the boot up loop, so I was able to reset the phone and go back to sleep and wake up with the alarm.

Unfortunately I have experienced this random reboot on all Gingerbread ROM's I've tried. That's Amethyst, Redux, GingerVillian and Oxygen! Perhaps is a Desire/Gingerbread issue?

I might take the plunge back on to Sense and wait for the updated Sense ROM when HTC release it...

Guest haggis23

Although my phone didn't reboot itself dead, it did just turn off one night, and my alarm just didnt go off... Do android alarms work when the phone is off? I guess they should but its not something ive tested...

Guest Johnrg
Although my phone didn't reboot itself dead, it did just turn off one night, and my alarm just didnt go off... Do android alarms work when the phone is off? I guess they should but its not something ive tested...

Alas they don't. Gone are the days of the Nokia alarms that went off even with the phone turned off.

If an Android phone isn't powered on, then nothing happens. So no power = no alarm.

This is something Google should add, but I doubt they ever will. Its like wanting an alarm in Windows to go off when the pc is turned off.

Guest EddyOS

2 main issues I have are:

- No LED notifications (not a huge issue)

- When connecting to USB I have to press to disable mass storage to get it to connect to PC. Bit annoying at first but again, no huge issue

Would be nice to get these fixed, though

Guest RickD

I installed the latest version of this tonight It started off fine but now I cannot install anything from the market place.

It was working perfectly fine until I rebooted the device for the first time, so i suspect it might be related to having app2sd on. Im going to reflash without and try again

Guest dasloewi

Hi,

for I'm new to this Forum, first of all I want to thank Paul for his work - and all the others around here in this forum.

Without them android wouldn't be what it is!

I'm using modaco roms since Okt last year and never had problems!

Now I tried the r26 with the online kitchen and left everything off to fit this rom into my config --> Bravo oxygen HBOOT 90/10/337

Everything works fine, very fast and very stable.

Yesterday I had the idea to use Live wallpapers - made a new rom - flashed - configured - everything worked as usual.

But after a reboot I only saw (after the bootscreen from alpharev) a black screen, somtimes interupted by a white flash (maybe every 10sec.) - nothing else.

Flashing the rom again without wiping led into a normal boot. I could use the system as usual, also live wallpapers.

When rebooting again (without flashing) --> black screen with white flashes.

Has anyone the same problem?

Can anyone help me?

Do you need further informations?

Or do "live wallpapers" simply not work (until now)?

Greetings

Michael

Guest Barbs80
+1

Mine rebooted last night, but luckily for me (kind of) I woke up in the early hours and saw the screen in the boot up loop, so I was able to reset the phone and go back to sleep and wake up with the alarm.

read this yesterday and thought how I've not had any issues with mine in the 10 days I've been running it. Woke up this morning with my phone stuck on the nexus one boot screen :D

luckily my 10 week old son acts as my alarm clock at the moment!

the only other little bug i've noticed with this rom is that tweetdeck disappears on reboot. it runs fine when installed, but just is not there after a reboot? This is the first time I've used a rom with A2SD+ so thought I might be something to do with that? But no other programs are affected - just tweetdeck?

would love it if these issues could be fixed as this rom absolutely flies.

Guest professordes
Excellent ROM - many thanks to Paul. One quirk, for me at any rate. Google Goggles FCs once it has got past the welcome screen

and brings up the camera. Persists in FC'ing even after data is cleared.

Anyone else?

To answer my own question - this has also been noted by someone over on xda. The fix, which worked for me, is to move Google Goggles to /data/app/ from /system/app/ (or delete it from /system/app and simply reinstall from the market).

Guest Cwiiis

hmm, I found a couple more issues yesterday - unfortunately, it seems this ROM makes navigation unusable... The voice synthesis always comes out of the phones speakers, even if you have headphones/bluetooth speakers attached, the GPS radio seems to just spontaneously turn off after about 15 minutes (toggling GPS off/on fixes this) and it seems to more easily trigger the random reboot loop...

I think I'll have to switch back to a more stable ROM for now, despite how much I like the Gingerbread experience :/

Guest vdsteen

Hi,

Thx for the g8 ROM.

1 question; When will more languages be supported? Especially the dutch language .. now all my navigation is done in English. :D

Thx,

Kris

Guest Osam2k

Hi Paul,

could you somehow include the arabic support in the online kitchen (the same as the one applied for the google nexus s)

Edited by Osam2k

Guest purple_frog
Hello Paul,

I have used you Blade Froyo Rom on my ZTE Blade and it was perfect. In the meantime I have switched to a Desire which is running with the Oxygen 2.01. I quite like it but I have huge problem with the USB transfer rate when writing to the SDCard. I have read that this is problem of the kernel Gingerbread is using. Can you confirm this, because that should be the case with your Rom too then.

Love the Rom. But also having problem with usb transfer rates. Horribly slow with my class 4 card.

P frog

Guest Vistrix

The main thing that isnt working for me is bluetooth - is this a known issue?

If I try and scan for devices it never picks up a device (and I know theres atleast 3 devices around me).

Tried it yesterday and had 2 issues.

* I didn't find the PCSync or offline calendar. Only "MS Exchange" or "Google" was available

* I couldn't add a birthday to a phone contact

Guest Reaver.man

Radio

Well I've checked to include the radio with my rom and went back to my old backup because of the LED issues. However it seems that the radio remains updated even after clockworkmod recovery - because there is a lot of noise from other callers. I did not have this noise (sort of makes the speaker sound muffled) before the update of the ROM and radio. No callers complained about echo but the bad quality of this radio really disturbs me.

LED not working

Has anyone (eg. at xda) found a solution to this? I'd like to use this ROM but it looks like we're stuck with it in its current form for now :/ Sad because it is an important feature for me but given the fact that Paul does not answer questions raised in this topic, I think it's safe to say that he won't have time to play with Desire ROMs for a while again.