Performance Pack information + feedback topic

Guest PaulOBrien

I installed this last night and I gotta saw its made a huge difference! Thanks Paul ur a leg. Well worth adfree. The Vega team need to learn from you lol

Thinking about getting this but worried it might make battery life worse....and its not that good at the minute...anyone got any feedback on this?

I took mine off charge at 8 am. Its now 3 29 pm and the Vega has had pretty much constant use. And my battery is at 80%. Hope that helps

Guest amarko5

@Paul

not sure if it's down to the performance pack but a game demo called pool break demo, game loads but when in 3d section it flickers on and off, the same experience can be found in adobe reader when in portrait mode and zooming in and out of documents with imbeded pictures and technical drawings, it just isn't fluid at all. i wonder if you can check it out.

p.s. did you find anything with "voice search" bombing out ?

Many thanks

ohh i am running 1.04 plus your r3 nov 28th version with performance , skype, and wallpaper fixes. it did the same with yesterdays rom as well :-(

Guest terdbin

Just a quick one, I wasn't sure about signoing up just for the performance pack, but I have just done so and boy was it worth it!

I kinda liked my vega, but after putting the perforace pack on it is SO much better. I just hope it has cured the battery drain when in suspend too.

Cheers Paul - this is well worth the tenner!

Guest removed-14
@Paul

not sure if it's down to the performance pack but a game demo called pool break demo, game loads but when in 3d section it flickers on and off, the same experience can be found in adobe reader when in portrait mode and zooming in and out of documents with imbeded pictures and technical drawings, it just isn't fluid at all. i wonder if you can check it out.

p.s. did you find anything with "voice search" bombing out ?

Many thanks

ohh i am running 1.04 plus your r3 nov 28th version with performance , skype, and wallpaper fixes. it did the same with yesterdays rom as well :-(

I tried Pool Break when I first got my Vega last week and it displayed the same issues. But when I went to 1.04 r2 it was fine. I even made a video of me playing the game to show how good it was (check the Vega video thread). Not tried it since going to r3. Will do when I get home.

Just payed the £9.99 to get the Plus membership and tried out the performance pack - don't regret it, everything feels a bit nicer and it solves what appeared to be a page-flipping bug in Slice It :P

Guest amarko5
I tried Pool Break when I first got my Vega last week and it displayed the same issues. But when I went to 1.04 r2 it was fine. I even made a video of me playing the game to show how good it was (check the Vega video thread). Not tried it since going to r3. Will do when I get home.

cheers Tony :D

would be interesting to see what happens :P

Guest removed-14
cheers Tony :D

would be interesting to see what happens :P

Yup under r3 the graphical glitches are back and possibly worse than when played under the stoci firmware. Any ideas Paul?

Guest amarko5
Yup under r3 the graphical glitches are back and possibly worse than when played under the stoci firmware. Any ideas Paul?

glad its not just me :D

i was wondering after seing your vid and reading about the game in compatible full screener's :P

Guest (Android)

Just paid a tenner solely for the performance pack and what can I say....£9.99 well spent! The performance boost is amazing, no lag - a noticeable difference in everyday navigation and browsing.

If anyone used that £10 curry's voucher, spend it on this performance pack, you will not be disappointed.

My advice is not to install the performance pack right at the start. Rather, fill up your vega with your apps and use it for a day or two and you will see that the speed is not terribly slow but could be a bit better....THEN install the performance pack and you will REALLY appreciate the difference.

Very pleased, thanks Paul for the efforts :P

Just paid a tenner solely for the performance pack and what can I say....£9.99 well spent! The performance boost is amazing, no lag - a noticeable difference in everyday navigation and browsing.

If anyone used that £10 curry's voucher, spend it on this performance pack, you will not be disappointed.

My advice is not to install the performance pack right at the start. Rather, fill up your vega with your apps and use it for a day or two and you will see that the speed is not terribly slow but could be a bit better....THEN install the performance pack and you will REALLY appreciate the difference.

Very pleased, thanks Paul for the efforts :P

I installed the performance pack right from the start so don’t really no any different so nothing to compare it too but I certainly cannot complain about the speed with it that’s for sure.

From other threads within the Advent Vega area I see that the scores from Quadrant are 2070 for a stock tablet.

Having installed 1.04 and then placed the R3 Performance pack on it, Quadrant reports a score of 2131.

Thanks Paul,

Will try R4 shortly and post findings here.

Guest MonkeyBoy451

Excellent work Paul - just installed the MCR Addon + PP and this thing now flies along now - cant believe how much more responsive it is!

Well worth the Modaco Ad Free subscription. :P

Guest friedgoldmole

I installed the modaco update with performance pack within an hour of receiving my Vega so I can't be certain that the following observations are purely performance pack related.

I get visual artefacts most notably in the market and browser. I occasionaly see little white lines flashing on the screen.

In the browser I sometimes get a brief dark triangle intersecting with where I touch when scrolling. I presume these are both related to the graphics driver.

I have also had a couple of full crashes where the Vega has restarted. I don't think there was anything specific that I was doing on both occasions though.

Guest (Android)

I have only had 2 occasions where the tablet randomly switched off for no reason whilst surfing the web. This was on a r2 mod pack excluding performance pack. I have had no issues since updating to r4 with performance pack addition. For what its worth my quadrant score is 2445.

Guest newcube

Bought my Vega from Currys using 10POUND for the £10 discount. Just subscribed to MoDaCo for £10 and tripled the value of my Vega with the Kitchen + Performance Pack.

Can't say fairer than that.

Thanks Paul.

edit : Quadrant score 2177 *shrug*

Edited by newcube

Guest Qwertymon

my flash seems to of died with the performance pack, re triggering it isnt working either

edit fixed it, something went wong through the process, I just reflashed and then updated again and it worked >_>

Edited by Qwertymon