USB host mode

Guest Sven Killig

Guest FelixL

Just noticed that its enabled in the experimental host for CM7:

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...tal-cm7-kernel/

Experimental kernel update 21st March 2011:

Features:

USB OTG... (anyone has the actual adapter for USB otg....?) this part is untested....

I've waited for this a long time, tried to compile my own kernel to get it working, and now I have wasted 5 days because I didn't read this :D

-->testing

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dtgagaddg

Sven Killig congratulations and tnks for work on this kernel

as soon as someone can get this work on cm7 make me know

i also like to know if i connect a 3g modem it will work ??

and if i do a cable like this it will work ??

sorry about the english

thanks Sven Killing

Edited by dtgagaddg

Guest dtgagaddg

how to push drivers to folder modules ?

adb push drivers /system/lib/modules ??

push the drivers and the folders or only the folders ?

i´´m really confused

help please

• 4 weeks later...
Guest spaic

Any chance this could be done to the LG P500/Optimus One?

The chipset is the same, not sure if it can provide power to USB in OTG mode, but that would not be a very big issue.

Also, when connecting the power supply it says something about "USB OTG going into low power mode" in dmesg.

Have tried with a hacked OTG cable and external power supply for the USB hub, but it behaves just like connecting a charger.

I'm trying to figure out if the Japanese Jellyfish ROM has support for USB OTG. Does anyone know anything about that?

All I'm trying to do is to connect my digital camera do my phone in order to push some photos to the phone when I'm not near a PC.

• 3 weeks later...
Well, my OTG-compatible cable has arrived from China, but I'm now rather wedded to 2.2 and Sven's Blade stuff was for 2.1 ... :P

Where did you purchase your cable, and what is the exact model?

Edited by nfh

Guest LVL91
Where did you purchase your cable, and what is the exact model?

Just search for 'micro usb host' on Ibay and set it to price + shipping lowest first.

First result will do I guess. You just need a male micro usb to a female regular usb. Do not buy the usb host adapters for the nokia N8, this micro usb male is different(it's rectangular, the corners won't fit on our blade's regular micro usb female port) from the other micro usb male connectors.

*Praying for USB-host on CM7*

Edited by LVL91

Guest anneliese

Could you please attach a link to the cable you bought?

Anyone any idea what exactly has to be done to enable/disable USB host mode?

Guest LVL91
Could you please attach a link to the cable you bought?

Anyone any idea what exactly has to be done to enable/disable USB host mode?

Sorry, I can't advertise, just search as I said above your post.

Edited by LVL91

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest vukodav

Hi guys I'm mostly from ZTE Racer forum. I stumbled upon this topic. Is it possible to port Sven's work to CM7 Racer ROMs, since Blade and Racer have almost the same hardware, same chipset?

• 2 months later...
Guest ejhollin

Is the ICS port on the Blade likely to include USB host mode? Is the hardward capable? It's something I'd really like to see. It would be really handy to backup proper camera photos into the blade and potentially upload them to the web.

With ICS it's the same as with Gingerbread, if the kernel supports it the OS above will have no problem. But ask that again in a month or two, when ICS is running with hw-acc, stable RIL, and a camera.

Guest unrandomsam

Is the ICS port on the Blade likely to include USB host mode? Is the hardward capable? It's something I'd really like to see. It would be really handy to backup proper camera photos into the blade and potentially upload them to the web.

The hardware is definitely capable (as shown by the fact it can work with eclair).

Guest ejhollin

If you want to add it to gingerbread then just look at my kernel configuration for the v9 and at the v9 repo. Haven't tried it on ics yet.

Thanks for the info, but I think that messing with kernels is beyond my level of expertise! I'm on one of the newer CM7 custom builds and it works fine, so I will resist tinkering until a stable ICS ROM comes along.

Does not work for me, with a usb-stick it lists a usb-hub (1d6b) under lsusb, which is the Blade itself propably, with a mouse it lists nothing. Both the stick and the mouse glow and get proper power.

Guest johnsmithx

Does not work for me, with a usb-stick it lists a usb-hub (1d6b) under lsusb, which is the Blade itself propably, with a mouse it lists nothing. Both the stick and the mouse glow and get proper power.

Jeez, don't even bother trying it. I told them clearly it wasn't done yet and that I gotta get back to it later. Pengeren was kinda hyper agile or something :-)

Anyway, thanks for testing :rolleyes: