[ROM] ZTE Blade Stock ROMs

Guest Sebastian404

Guest sm4tik

I just got my blade from saunalahti (Finland) and I seems to have froyo installed by default. Black blades were out of stock, so I ordered a white one marketed to be "finally here". This is my first time with android, so I want to make sure I do it right.

1) Go to mr.pigfish and check wether it's a gen1 or 2 phone

2) Do a factory reset to get the images as clean as possible (is this needed/wanted?)

3) Get a romdump using.. well romdump :D

4) Upload generated files somewhere and post a link here

I'll do all this tonight (GMT +3), I'm a bit busy atm.

Guest Sebastian404
If I view the DevInfo (dialler code *938*5182#), I get:

#1 PREEMPT Jan 25 10:13:29 CST 2011

Build Number OUK_P729BV1.0.0B10

Software Version OUK_P729BV1.0.0B20

Not sure if this is a new ROM or not, it shows up as B10 in the Settings menu. I bought this phone last Wednesday from Orange, and it had only just come back in stock. If you think this is something new I'll dump the ROM and share it.

Sneaky.. the last dump we saw had an internal build of 19...

ro.build.date=Fri Dec 24 02:52:11 CST 2010
ro.build.sw_internal_version=OUK_P729BV1.0.0B19
ro.build.display.id=OUK_P729BV1.0.0B10[/code]

Yes, please do dump it

Edited by Sebastian404

Guest userof2
Yes, please do dump it

Okay, here's the dump of OUK B10 (Internal B20): http://www.mediafire.com/?11rw59y3365cccd

That's directly from the romdump utility, I assume it needs some processing to make into a recovery image. Perhaps this will solve the mystery of some B10 users having touchscreen lockups on custom ROMs (which in my brief usage of SS Release 3, I didn't experience, although I did get a load of lag).

Guest xondrax

Got today a new OSF/a grey one/ to hands and have the same results

#1 PREEMPT Jan 25 10:13:29 CST 2011

Build Number OUK_P729BV1.0.0B10

Software Version OUK_P729BV1.0.0B20

PigFish says

Gen 1

Unlocked without problems and will be flashed /i hope in it / in few days later by a new owner ...

Edited by xondrax

Guest sm4tik

Ok, so I'm trying to get my rom dumped, but when I try to run 'adb shell romdump' I get

romdump: permission denied

Do I need to root my phone first to make it work?

Anyways.. as I suspected, it's a gen2 blade and here's the relevant (?) info on the rom.

#3 PREEMPT Fri Mar 4 09:22:03 CST 2011

Build Number: FRY_EFIN_P729BV1.0.0B01

Software Version: FRY_EFIN_P729BV1.0.0B04

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Guest kallt_kaffe
Ok, so I'm trying to get my rom dumped, but when I try to run 'adb shell romdump' I get

romdump: permission denied

Do I need to root my phone first to make it work?

Anyways.. as I suspected, it's a gen2 blade and here's the relevant (?) info on the rom.

#3 PREEMPT Fri Mar 4 09:22:03 CST 2011

Build Number: FRY_EFIN_P729BV1.0.0B01

Software Version: FRY_EFIN_P729BV1.0.0B04

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

To dump the Comviq 2.2 it had to be root:ed with z4root (only temporary root works) and then dumped.

Guest sm4tik
To dump the Comviq 2.2 it had to be root:ed with z4root (only temporary root works) and then dumped.

Ok. I'll try that later today, thanks!

Guest sm4tik

I got romdump working finally, (temporary rooting did it) but before posting the files I'd like to be sure there isn't any of my own data included. Currently I have a bunch of apps installed that I've been testing etc.. So, do these images contain any of my own data, or are they good as they are? If there is some cleaning up I have to do, please tell me what's the most efficient way for recreating clean images.

Guest Sebastian404
I got romdump working finally, (temporary rooting did it) but before posting the files I'd like to be sure there isn't any of my own data included. Currently I have a bunch of apps installed that I've been testing etc.. So, do these images contain any of my own data, or are they good as they are? If there is some cleaning up I have to do, please tell me what's the most efficient way for recreating clean images.

romdump only dumps the system partition, your personal data lives on the userdata partition that is not dumped....

Guest StevenHarperUK
thanks, I'll pack it up and add it to the collection :D

Can anyone tell if the touchscreen driver has been updated to cover any newer hardware?

Guest Sebastian404
Yes - a group of users are complaining of no touchscreen in any custom ROMS -maybe a new change in the B20 can solve this?

One of the idiots in my office was over in the UK last week, I gave him instructions to go buy a white Blade from an Orange store and even told him how to check it was a b10.... he came back without one since the guy told him it would not work in the US.......

I am puzzled as to why they did not update the display version tho....

Guest kallt_kaffe
Can anyone tell if the touchscreen driver has been updated to cover any newer hardware?

The B10 phones with the touchscreen problems are Gen1. All the new official 2.2 kernels are Gen2 kernels so if new official kernels support those phones we cannot tell. We're still stuck with the same old kernel source when we wan to run these official 2.2 builds on our Gen1 phones as we need to compile our own kernel to make them work.

Guest rudomat

Undumped ROMS

If you have a device without a stock ROM listed in the post above, or a device that is not listed, please get in touch

hi! my build nr. is : OAT_P729BV1.0.0B02

can you tell me if it´s got the tft or the ole screen?

can you tell me if there is a method of copiing my outlook contacts to my orange scn francisco? how could i do that? thanks a lot!

sorry...i´m a newbie..;-)

Guest Saransh Agarwal
You appear to keep trying various ROMs and then panicking about (not) having the Dell Stock effort... why? Just use one of the million ROMs you have tried. What do YOU think the Dell ROM will offer you over and above anything else? Why not try actually using your phone instead of just wearing the NAND cells out?

And please stop SHOUTING WITH ALL CAPS. It's rude and ignorant.

(And don't call me "Man" either.)

Sorry but this is none of your concern that i have tried many ROMs

It is my will to shift from one ROM to another

And yeah sorry for calling you "man",if u dont like it

Guest Len Ash
Sorry but this is none of your concern that i have tried many ROMs

It is my will to shift from one ROM to another

And yeah sorry for calling you "man",if u dont like it

Etiquette. Learn to use it/have it. And if you wish to be a pain, that is indeed your business. Just don't expect to be taken too seriously.

Edited by Len Ash

Guest GIRAFFE2011

Hi to everyone!

I got my San Francisco from orange shop in Feltham i had to actually wait for new delivery. so on 29 of march i got the grey one.

It says on outer packaging ZTE P729B .... OZTN1122. After running Pigfish it told me that i have gen1 phone so i followed guide to the letter from

orangesanfracisco.co.uk website and ended up with JJ9 and touchscreen not responding. tried many tricks from this forum to get this running but no luck.

I must admit i was to scared to try different roms, as i was unable to recover from backup of system made with clockwork earlier. I was getting error while flashing boot partition. I ended up reflashed it back to stock rom. Anxiously awaiting suggestions. What I would like for my phone is to run 2.2 as generic as possible without orange bloataware.

Currently runing on OUK_P729BV1.0.0B20-update_signed.zip and touchscreen work ok.

Guest Sebastian404
Hi to everyone!

I got my San Francisco from orange shop in Feltham i had to actually wait for new delivery. so on 29 of march i got the grey one.

It says on outer packaging ZTE P729B .... OZTN1122. After running Pigfish it told me that i have gen1 phone so i followed guide to the letter from

orangesanfracisco.co.uk website and ended up with JJ9 and touchscreen not responding. tried many tricks from this forum to get this running but no luck.

I must admit i was to scared to try different roms, as i was unable to recover from backup of system made with clockwork earlier. I was getting error while flashing boot partition. I ended up reflashed it back to stock rom. Anxiously awaiting suggestions. What I would like for my phone is to run 2.2 as generic as possible without orange bloataware.

Currently runing on OUK_P729BV1.0.0B20-update_signed.zip and touchscreen work ok.

The issue seems to be that ZTE *SEEM* to of forked development into 2 directions, (for cost reasons) they seem to be using different hardware in newer 2.1 production devices and adding driver support to the 2.1 builds, but not adding the same hardware support into the 2.2 builds... it is possible we will eventually see the alternative hardware support in offical 2.2 builds and it will level out....

If your confident in how to recovery (and you have done it once now) you could try Swedish Spring... it is the one based on the most recent 2.2 rom we have found so far.. that is currently your best bet.