Guest 90180360
Ok,- Mobile (Switzerland): ZTE San Francisco

OCH_P_P729BV1.0.0B01

ro.build.version.release=2.1-update1

ro.build.date=Tue Oct 19 06:15:35 CST 2010

ro.build.sw_internal_version=OCH_P_P729BV1.0.0B04

ro.build.display.id=OCH_P_P729BV1.0.0B01

ro.com.google.gmsversion=2.1_r10

I'm looking for this ROM, any help appreciated.

Guest Evanb78

My apologies for the noob question, but if (or when) the server goes back up, are the stock ROMs available there suitable for flashing?

I've purchased a Swiss Blade from someone who had already installed a custom ROM (FLBv6). Before purchasing, he told me that in case of any future problems it is advisable to restore the original ROM before claiming a warranty. After I received it, I realized that it had serious WiFi issues with very weak signal and range, so I need to flash back the Swiss stock ROM in order to send it for repair or replacement.

When I asked him where in the SD Card is the backup of the stock ROM, he answered that the original ROM is not on the SD card, because you can't flash back the dumped files, as they need some editing. For that reason, he said that he was rather relying to Sebastian404's ROM archive, which is now off-line. However, on a previous mail he said that on Sebastian404's server, the Swiss ROM is probably only dumped and uploaded as described on his website, therefore in order to flash it back to the phone it needs some editing that only the developers can do.

If the above seems a little confusing, it's because it is. So I would appreciate if you could answer my initial question. Can I flash back the Swiss ROM from Sebastian404's server when (or if) they come back online?

Also is it correct that you cannot backup the original ROM on the SD Card because you can't flash back the dumped files? Every guide and information I read, they explicitly write that the first and most important step before flashing a new ROM is to make a backup of the old ROM. What's good of backing up the old ROM if you can't restore it?

Edited by Evanb78

Guest Evanb78

Which Swiss phone is this? According to the original posts there are two Swiss stock ROMs.

The build number on the screenshot is OCH_P729BV1.0.0B05 which is different than the number on the first post (OCH_P_P729BV1.0.0B01).

Could it be the second stock ROM that wasn't dumped yet?

1. Ok,- Mobile (Switzerland): ZTE San Francisco

OCH_P_P729BV1.0.0B01

ro.build.date=Tue Oct 19 06:15:35 CST 2010

ro.build.sw_internal_version=OCH_P_P729BV1.0.0B04

ro.build.display.id=OCH_P_P729BV1.0.0B01

ro.com.google.gmsversion=2.1_r10

2. Orange (Switzerland): San Francisco

NOT YET DUMPED

Guest Arr Too

I think somebody posted that the "new" Swiss ROM didn't offer the SIM Network Unlock Code prompt when you put a different SIM in it. It would be nice to get a dump of that to check what's changed.

Guest karololszak

I could re-host the files, PM me if you would like me to do so ;) (100 Mb/s download speed is quite good I suppose... ;) And 100GB storage...)

Also, could you please upload somewhere the libril-qc-1.so file from the Play's (Polish) ROM? My network operator is a new MVNO (Mobile virtual network operator), and when I had the Play's ROM on the Blade it did display it's name on the lockscreen / etc., but now, when I upgraded to JJ9 it doesn't (I also searched through any libril-qc-1.so files that I could find, including one from your de-orengated - and they didn't contain the GaduAIR MVNO in it [it operates on Plus' network, if this helps...]).

Edited by karololszak

Eesti Telekom (Estonia): ZTE Blade

EEST_P729BV1.0.0B02

ro.build.date=Fri Dec  3 15:51:48 CST 2010

ro.build.sw_internal_version=EEST_P729BV1.0.0B06

ro.build.display.id=EEST_P729BV1.0.0B02

ro.com.google.gmsversion=2.1_r12

As far as I know the only carrier selling Blade's in Estonia is Elisa:

http://www.elisa.ee/et/Eraklient/Pood/p/zte/blade

Eesti Telekom owns EMT, which ofcourse is a rival of Elisa.

I am pretty sure it's the most expensive ZTE Blade in the world - 240€ with no contract!

Greetings from Estonia!

Edit:

The Estonian rom is probably from the Eesti Telekom EMT network. That might explain the "EEST" part of the version.

"EEST" is infact short for "EESTI" which in Estonian means "Estonia".

Regards.

Edited by ninzor

Guest 90180360
I think somebody posted that the "new" Swiss ROM didn't offer the SIM Network Unlock Code prompt when you put a different SIM in it.

This is not true.

Guest Luke2642

After much stalling, I decided to send my TFT San Fran for replacement... the gallery app would always make it reboot (not force close - if anyone can explain this please do) and similarly other games made it occasionally too. Having wifi + gps on and using maps seemed to make it reboot every so often too.

Anyhow, enough waffling. This morning I just recieved the AMOLED version... with software build number OUK_P729BV1.0.0B10

Yep... B10... AMOLED?

Firmware version 2.1-update1

I'll dump the rom if anyone wants it...?