Is it too big? dialaphone.co.uk ok to use?

Guest dude55

Hi,

2 questions please.

1) How is the DHD to use? Is it awkward annoying because it's too big or is it ok? I used to have a Vario 3.

2) Dialaphone.co.uk seem to have a decent deal on Orange for £25pm. Been on TMobile for 5 years, they want to charge me £40 a month, big jokes. Anyone had any experience with dialaphone?

cheers for any thoughts

Edited by dude55

Guest Andy1984UK
Hi,

2 questions please.

1) How is the DHD to use? Is it awkward annoying because it's too big or is it ok? I used to have a Vario 3.

2) Dialaphone.co.uk seem to have a decent deal on Orange for £25pm. Been on TMobile for 5 years, they want to charge me £40 a month, big jokes. Anyone had any experience with dialaphone?

cheers for any thoughts

I used to have the Vario 3. Then upgraded to the Hero and then as of yesterday on to the HTC Desire HD. I was a little worried about the size of the beast before it arrived but now I have it, it's amazing and nothing to worry about. Perfect size for me.

Can't comment on DialAphone. Never used them before. Got mine through SuperEtrader & Modaco deal for £470.

Guest El Nino9

well first speak to t-mobile cancellation and make it clear that you have seen that deal on dial-a-phone for what you have they will better that deal or at least they should as youve been with them for 5 years. they give the best data plans as they give larger data allowance then anyone else in the business.

so let them know you will leave unless the better that offer

Hi guys,

Thanks for the tips. I'll get this phone then. Do I need to get a screen protector?

I already spoke to TMobile last night, the guy said I had to pay £40 and I said it's cheaper on Orange and Phones4U and asked him to give me my PAC and he just gave it to me. I was expecting a bit of a give-and-take to get the price down, but he said if I want a "premium phone" I have to pay at least £30 a month for the vanilla Desire. I was on £18.50 and they took away my loyalty discount at the end of my 18 month contract (that doesn't make sense).

cheers

Guest Gorskar

Yea, I found t-mobile were unwilling to do deals as well in the past (unless you have a very high monthly spend)

Back in the day when I upgraded to the Vario II they had a good offer for new customers, but refused to match that for me as an existing customer. Ported the number to a virgin PAYG sim, and then back to t-mob on the new offer instead that time.

The time after that though I just left them and went to vodafone (who at the end of the contract were willing to match a competitors offer to keep me - so I now have a shiny HTC Desire, without having to switch networks, and its cheaper per month :P )

Guest El Nino9
Yea, I found t-mobile were unwilling to do deals as well in the past (unless you have a very high monthly spend)

Back in the day when I upgraded to the Vario II they had a good offer for new customers, but refused to match that for me as an existing customer. Ported the number to a virgin PAYG sim, and then back to t-mob on the new offer instead that time.

The time after that though I just left them and went to vodafone (who at the end of the contract were willing to match a competitors offer to keep me - so I now have a shiny HTC Desire, without having to switch networks, and its cheaper per month :P )

interesting..about t-mobile.my upgrade is due on 10th december. but i already have the desire hd as a gift from my gf :D so i as i have two phones with me usually, 1 for business and 1 for personal as the business one gets switched of after 8pm so work related problems can stick it hehehe lol... i was thinking of leaving t-mobile in jan or getting a sim only deal with them as i really need their data allowance of 3gb. giffgaffs have a decent pay as you go deal going, plus vat is going to increase and i want to have more control of my spendings. i.e. it'll take me a while to adjust to the price increase in everything so dont want to commit to a rubbish 18 month contract.

in all fairness i want the desire z as i know it has a large custom community behind it, even cyanogen has one. its just that in a few months nexus s is released and thats the next developers phone and then in may i know that the phones will be dual core as qualcomm have said that in 2011 first quarter is when they will release theirs even tho nvidea tegra 2 is going to be there out there before. it all those ifs and buts which make the decision all to tough but it might be worth the wait i guess..

that was well of topic lol

but yea dial a phone deal seems the only way to go though i don't like oranges 500mb data cap but everyone else is like that..

Ok, ordered from Dialaphone, which apparently is owned by Phones4U, don't know if that's a good thing or not.

I started with TMobile on WebnWalk 100, with 40mb of web allowance and 100 minutes and a TMobile branded HTC Magician. Think it was about £15pm. Installed a fancy keyboard layout. Negotiated hard to get the Vario3, then negotiated again to get the £18.50 contract, but this time they just weren't interested.

Thanks for sharing your tips.

T mobile and Orange are now the same company.

Everything Everywhere is the new company name.

Yes, go figure.

So much drama in my story.

So ordered from dialaphone on Orange on Sunday. Monday I get a reply saying that Orange denied me on credit check...

Reordered Monday on O2, essentially the same deal but with unlimited wifi. Got some more credit issues (no idea why). They delivered the phone today.

Today, TMobile call to offer the same phone, for free for £25 a month, 900 minutes (don't care about that many minutes), unlimited Internet and free booster.

O2 is £30 pm with £135 by redemption and £40 by quidco for cashback so about £55 cheaper over 2 years.

Options:

1) Move to O2 but have to still deal with dialaphone (who have been ok so far). Save £55 over 2 years, lose TMobile "loyalty goodwill", and have to bother filling out redemption forms.

2) Stick with TMobile, get unlimited internet instead of 500mb (do I really need more than 500?), get a flexible booster, keep "goodwill".

cheers

I'd stick to T-mobile - 500mb is not much with Android, rather have the 3GB unlimited!

Yes, go figure.

So much drama in my story.

So ordered from dialaphone on Orange on Sunday. Monday I get a reply saying that Orange denied me on credit check...

Reordered Monday on O2, essentially the same deal but with unlimited wifi. Got some more credit issues (no idea why). They delivered the phone today.

Today, TMobile call to offer the same phone, for free for £25 a month, 900 minutes (don't care about that many minutes), unlimited Internet and free booster.

O2 is £30 pm with £135 by redemption and £40 by quidco for cashback so about £55 cheaper over 2 years.

Options:

1) Move to O2 but have to still deal with dialaphone (who have been ok so far). Save £55 over 2 years, lose TMobile "loyalty goodwill", and have to bother filling out redemption forms.

2) Stick with TMobile, get unlimited internet instead of 500mb (do I really need more than 500?), get a flexible booster, keep "goodwill".

cheers

• 3 weeks later...
Guest vinokirk

Three now give unlimited usage :)

I am on T-Mobile now, for the first time ever and I have found out very quickly that they do not do any deals at all! Most telcos will give you a reduction in tarrif after 6 or 9 months but not Tmobile!

• 2 months later...
Guest emodan
Three now give unlimited usage :(

I am on T-Mobile now, for the first time ever and I have found out very quickly that they do not do any deals at all! Most telcos will give you a reduction in tarrif after 6 or 9 months but not Tmobile!

i've been with Tmobile since late 2006 and had planned to leave them monday morning when i sorted my contract which was up for renewal when i received a call from tmobile

i explained i planned to leave to move to orange so i could get my htc desire the mins and texts i wanted and pay no more than what i was currently paying (tmobile wanted 200 extra quid for the handset)

the guy explained he would call back in 5minutes

5mins later he calls back offers me the desire HD for free 600mins 500 texts internet booster and that i can upgrade my phone 6months before my contract ends for £25 a month which is exactly what i pay now + 5.10 for the unlimited text booster as i use over 3k texts per month

was not expecting them to offer so much to keep my business guess sometimes its good to explain why you plan to leave tmobile and see how hard they want to keep you as a customer