Why aren't my paid apps showing up?

Guest TylerDurdenK

Guest TylerDurdenK
eek - not sure then - i take it the hero is on 2.2??

Arent some apps version specific?

The Hero is currently running Froydvillian 1.5.0, which is based on 2.2

Guest TylerDurdenK

It turns out I am an idiot, and I have been using a different account on my Vega. :P

I have added the correct account to the vega, and I now need to change the one that is used to log into Market. How can I do that?

Guest MonkeyBoy451
It turns out I am an idiot, and I have been using a different account on my Vega. :P

I have added the correct account to the vega, and I now need to change the one that is used to log into Market. How can I do that?

lol - good to know it was "operator error".... :D

Isnt it just into "accounts & sync", then press on the google account and remove it?

or is there the option to Add account - as you can use multiple accounts I believe on the phones with 2.2??

Guest TylerDurdenK
lol - good to know it was "operator error".... :P

Isnt it just into "accounts & sync", then press on the google account and remove it?

or is there the option to Add account - as you can use multiple accounts I believe on the phones with 2.2??

No, it cannot be removed. I get an message

This account is required by some applications.  You can only remove is by resetting the device to factory defaults (which deletes all your personal data). You do that in the Settings application, under privacy.

Privacy is not an option in the settings menu, and although there is an "Erase all content and settings" option in the "Software tool" option, this doesn't do what I need.

No, it cannot be removed. I get an message

This account is required by some applications.  You can only remove is by resetting the device to factory defaults (which deletes all your personal data). You do that in the Settings application, under privacy.

Privacy is not an option in the settings menu, and although there is an "Erase all content and settings" option in the "Software tool" option, this doesn't do what I need.

I had to reflash both of mine back to v1.04 and start again which did the trick as far has registering the same account with the market but i still can find what ive downloaded on one with the other although to be fair i dont really know where i should be looking. Is it juat a case of accessing the market on the other device and clicking the download tab?

Guest removed-14
I had to reflash both of mine back to v1.04 and start again which did the trick as far has registering the same account with the market but i still can find what ive downloaded on one with the other although to be fair i dont really know where i should be looking. Is it juat a case of accessing the market on the other device and clicking the download tab?

That is what I did. Head to downloads and all my purchased apps were there waiting for me.

That is what I did. Head to downloads and all my purchased apps were there waiting for me.

Should the free apps be there aswell? or will i need to re search for them ones?

Guest MonkeyBoy451

So there isnt an option on the accounts to add 2nd account to the device much like my HTC Desire has??

Was wondering if this would solve the problem without having to hard reset everything?

Guest TylerDurdenK
So there isnt an option on the accounts to add 2nd account to the device much like my HTC Desire has??

Was wondering if this would solve the problem without having to hard reset everything?

You can add as many accounts as you want, but the first account remains registered to the market, and cannot be deleted.

Errr yes I think they were.

Well I cannot see any and its really baffling me because I do not want to go purchasing loads of apps and then find I got to buy them again to put on the other device. I have checked the account information by going into account and sync and looking at manage accounts and they are both the same

Guest MonkeyBoy451
You can add as many accounts as you want, but the first account remains registered to the market, and cannot be deleted.

ah.. got ya. thats a shame.

I'll make sure I use the same account as my desire when setting up the vega when it arrives this week. :P