Where to buy your Vega!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest timmsi1
Mine was stuck in lincoln until this morning when it updated the tracking and it showed that it had been moved to my local sorting office.. seems the tracking online can be a bit behind, hopefully yours will be delivered today also.

timmsi1: does yours not appear on the website where you ordered it either... e.g dixons has a order tracking service too.

Restless_UK: no it didn't show anything.

HOWEVER....

I phoned the delivery line first thing this morning only to be told that I shouldnt be getting a confirmation mail as it is a small item and would be delivered by DPD. I tried to point out that everyone on this forum was receiving theirs via DHL but he wasnt having a bar of it.

To cut a long story short this afternoon I finally received the much longed for delivery confirmation and yep you guessed it a DHL tracking code. As of now its departed Hatfield at 17:57 :-)

Guest Restless_UK
Restless_UK: no it didn't show anything.

HOWEVER....

I phoned the delivery line first thing this morning only to be told that I shouldnt be getting a confirmation mail as it is a small item and would be delivered by DPD. I tried to point out that everyone on this forum was receiving theirs via DHL but he wasnt having a bar of it.

To cut a long story short this afternoon I finally received the much longed for delivery confirmation and yep you guessed it a DHL tracking code. As of now its departed Hatfield at 17:57 :-)

Thats good to hear :unsure:

Mine came today, though not after some major concern on my part.. checking my dhl tracking code it said it was delivered twice but no-one was home so they left a card.... hearing this i raced home to find it here already... the card had a number to call which my dad did and apprently the driver lives close and dropped it off on her way home... pheww.... that's good service in my books... B)

Guest Samlock

So what do you guys think of the Vega? Read through the posts here so far, everyone seems really pleased. None in stock on PCW/Currys/anywhere else I tried, but they're selling for around £295 on ebay. Worth it?

Guest Lennyuk
Mine left the Hatfield depot at 16:30 so I'm expecting a delivery tomorrow maybe?

yes DHL should be next day, mine got shipped at 7:30 from Hatfield and arrived at mine for 11am next day.

Guest bear807

people don't worry if you have order yours but not receives it is only a week or 2

i bet no one has ever waited longer than me 24 november order and receive on 20 of december.........

Guest Lennyuk
people don't worry if you have order yours but not receives it is only a week or 2

i bet no one has ever waited longer than me 24 november order and receive on 20 of december.........

I ordered on the 25 December (yes xmas day) and got mine on the Thursday (second working day after christmas) as DHL didn't work to collect until Wednesday. I was very impressed.

Guest sudeki300

Mine arrived this evening :unsure: but I can't afford the premium membership here till the end of the month so no custom rom for me B) , damn you christmas and new year, DAMN YOU!!!!!!!!

Guest Restless_UK
Mine arrived this evening :unsure: but I can't afford the premium membership here till the end of the month so no custom rom for me B) , damn you christmas and new year, DAMN YOU!!!!!!!!

Firstly you can get the older version custom rom for nothing, ok so it doesn't have the performance pack but it's better then the normal software (or atleast i would have thought so..) and do you mean the Ad free membership which is £10.. that gets you the full package too???

Guest Unipete

Hoorah!!

My vega arrived today and I played around on the out of box version for about 30 mins, installed the performance mod, (best tenner spent in a while I must say) sorted a flash issue, (another thread from Paul), and the blooming thing flies now!!

Many thanks to all.

Pete

BTW

Got the case as a package from PC world with the vega and, (whilst not leather), fits really well without obscuring buttons/ports/webcam etc.

Guest Grant Meek
Well done! I have one going back to Currys, bought one for my son for Xmas but his wife beat me to it!

That's an unusual circumstance. No one can get these and you get two!!

Guest expat2000

Hello All

Got mine from Stansted duty free Dixons, £212, nice!

They've had one on display since xmas but none in stock, asked yesterday on the off chance and one had just arrived, the salesman even went down to the stock room to get the box off the pallet as hadn't been brought up to the store yet.

Very impressed with the service.

Loving the site, upgraded my Vega yesterday with pauls r6 ROM. Will join properly this evening and go for the performance pack.

Stuart

Guest huwwatkins
Hello All

Got mine from Stansted duty free Dixons, £212, nice!

They've had one on display since xmas but none in stock, asked yesterday on the off chance and one had just arrived, the salesman even went down to the stock room to get the box off the pallet as hadn't been brought up to the store yet.

Very impressed with the service.

Loving the site, upgraded my Vega yesterday with pauls r6 ROM. Will join properly this evening and go for the performance pack.

Stuart

Interesting - I wonder if this is the start of stock getting in to stores?

Too late for me though - bought one off another forum, should be with me tomorrow.

Guest expat2000
Interesting - I wonder if this is the start of stock getting in to stores?

Too late for me though - bought one off another forum, should be with me tomorrow.

Wouldn't hold out too much hope, I got the only one they have coming in the forseeable, I go through there every week so I'll keep an eye out and post on here if they get any more in.

Stuart

Guest huwwatkins
Wouldn't hold out too much hope, I got the only one they have coming in the forseeable, I go through there every week so I'll keep an eye out and post on here if they get any more in.

Stuart

Standstead every week? That cannot be fun :D

Guest expat2000
Standstead every week? That cannot be fun :D

Could be much worse...Heathrow, Gatwick....at least I get to avoid the M25. And don't get me started about Liverpool! :P

Stansted going out isn't too bad, coming back through is much, much worse. You would think they could figure out how many people are going to be coming through passport control based on when planes land, and then staff it accordingly, but oh no, lets have four planes landing almost simultaneously at 22:45 and have three people on the passport desk. Have seen me taking over an hour to clear passport control if I was on the last plane.

Guest Lennyuk
I've just ordered through the Currys website so hopefully this means they have stock back in...?

yeah the idea is that you can't order without stock being there, however there has been word of a few falling through this system and being put on the end of a "backlist".

You will just have to wait and see, if its in stock it should ship the day you ordered or the following day.

Guest andrewdolphin
yeah the idea is that you can't order without stock being there, however there has been word of a few falling through this system and being put on the end of a "backlist".

You will just have to wait and see, if its in stock it should ship the day you ordered or the following day.

Got my delivery notification so here's hoping!