[NEW UPDATED] FROYO 2.2 BUILD KERNAL/SYSTEM FILES DUMP

Guest sorrowuk

Guest admanirv

Sorry, im a bit new.

Can the ROM be used as yet?, i have just received a SF for my father as an xmas present and would like a stable build of 2.2 froyo.

Good work though guys! :P

Guest jonathonf
Sorry, im a bit new.
Then start reading! :P

Can the ROM be used as yet?, i have just received a SF for my father as an xmas present and would like a stable build of 2.2 froyo.
Not yet. Paul (the grand all-powerful master of Modaco) has it so expect something shortly, and I don't expect the other devs are far behind. There will probably be an alpha later on tonight.

Guest Azurren
A few problems.

Data isnt working for me. It could just be that the apns.conf is a bit screwed for my network.

The network name isn't showing correctly. It always shows 'no service' but is connected.

I haven't done much testing so there could be more.

I haven't changed much other than remove a heap of apps. I will leave it to other to customise.

It is in partition images at the moment, so if someone can repack it as a flashable zip I'm sure other will appreciate it.

Flibblesan's server is too slow (more likely my connection). Give it a while before downloading, its only half uploaded.

P729CUV1.0.0B04-repack.zip

Flash with fastboot.

Do a backup first.

fastboot flash boot boot.img

fastboot flash system system.img

wipe data.

I'm off to bed.

This isn't the old "ET Phone Home" issue again is it? :P

Guest admanirv
Then start reading! :P

Not yet. Paul (the grand all-powerful master of Modaco) has it so expect something shortly, and I don't expect the other devs are far behind. There will probably be an alpha later on tonight.

Thanks mate, i have been reading frantically :D

I think i will wait until this rom gets released, as the stock 2.1 rom is pretty poor and full of orange crap, already unlocked it for free.

Hopefully the guru Paul can produce a rom

Guest rickywyatt
Anyone that unpacked and repacked the boot.img, what cmd line and base address did you use? I want a boot.img that supports scripts from init.d :P

mkbootimg --kernel boot.img-kernel --ramdisk ramdisk-new.gz -o C:\Workfolder\tools\Flash\boot.img --base 0x02600000

The fastboot images above are working for me. You probably need to do a "fastboot erase cache" and "fastboot erase userdata" to make your phone clean before installing, though. (Don't forget to backup your working state first -- easiest way is with ClockwordMod.)

As above, adb doesn't work and lots of Google bits are missing, notably the Google Account stuff, including Market. The account stuff in Settings allows you to setup an Exchange account, not a Google account. Perhaps bunging across a few of the apps from the other release will help here, and maybe some adjustments to build.prop are necessary. I'm going to sit back and wait for the experts to cast their eyes over this, I think. :P

adb works for me.

Guest Frankish

The ui is kind of nice and it has ZTE Widgets now? :P

I tried to unyaffs the system.img and create an update.zip for myself but it didn't work. Included format system, copy package system, format boot, write raw image boot.

Oh well least the fastboot flash method works. Just wanted to build my own rom.