General Question Android tablets (incl. Vega)

Guest DLCI

First a bit offtopic - I've been playing for a week with the iPad and the whole sandboxed app concept gave me no choice but to return it. So now I'm looking forward to an Android tablet and perhaps you can throw some light from your experience with the VEGA:

- is it possible on Android to download files from the web browser or any other 3rd party application to a common location (/home/documents for instance) so that all other applications can have access to those data?

- is it possible on Android to open, manipulate and save locally (alternatively upload to dropbox) most of the day2day file formats? Any limitations/drawbacks with certain file formats?

- Anyone tried DME3 client already?

Thanks in advance!

Guest burden010

1. Absolutely. You can save files to your sdcard and access from any app which can read that format.

2. Yep, there are a few Office type apps out there. I myself use OfficeSuite Pro which can create/edit Word & Excel files but I hear Documents to Go is good also and you can create/edit Word, Excel, Powerpoint and PDF docs.

3. Haven't tried DME but from what I've read, and it's isn't much tbh, it's comparable to iPhone version.

Hope this helps.

Guest 5c00ter

OfficeSuite pro with dropbox installed works well for sharing files with PCs etc. Adobe reader is a must for reading pdf files. If you dont like one app, you can normally find another which can do the same or better.

.apk files can be downloaded directly and installed outside Android Market. No lock in like iTunes!