waiting for device(fastboot)

Guest libyali

Guest libyali

I did everything as mentioned. I arranged my phone to baltic rom fastboot mode and connected it to the computer.

I clicked on "flash.cmd" as shown in the picture. A phrase saying "waiting for device" appears on the screen but cannot load anything. What should I do to download or to driver find device?

Edited by libyali

Guest kaiserex
I did everything as mentioned. I arranged my phone to baltic rom fastboot mode and connected it to the computer.

I clicked on "flash.cmd" as shown in the picture. A phrase saying "waiting for device" appears on the screen but cannot load anything. What should I do to download or to driver find device?

waits.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

If your computer cant find the device drivers in the manner that is telling you that it cant find it when you plug the device trough USB cable, point windows to update the drivers trough Windows update. It will search the net, it will find proper drivers, it will install them. After that you can use fastboot for what ever you want.

Guest libyali

I connect my phone to PC while it is on fastbook mode, a sign with astion mark appears on the Android in my device driver, I guess this means that it is not recognized. I click right on it but it says"update cannot be found on internet". What else can I do? I cannot download any img files. I will be glad if you help.

Guest kaiserex
I connect my phone to PC while it is on fastbook mode, a sign with astion mark appears on the Android in my device driver, I guess this means that it is not recognized. I click right on it but it says"update cannot be found on internet". What else can I do? I cannot download any img files. I will be glad if you help.

First click on start button and in the search bar type: "device installation" without quotes, youll see a results showing up and what you want to click on: "Change device installation settings", from there change the setting to: "No, let me choose what to do" click on "Install driver software from Windows Update if..." and while you at it mark "Replace generic device icons whit...", click on "Save Changes". Within "Device Manager" click on "Android Device " the one with "!" signs on it, right click it, do the "Update driver software", choose "Search automatically...", and it should find proper device drivers. Now you can fully use fastboot on your mobile.

First click on start button and in the search bar type: "device installation" without quotes, youll see a results showing up and what you want to click on: "Change device installation settings", from there change the setting to: "No, let me choose what to do" click on "Install driver software from Windows Update if..." and while you at it mark "Replace generic device icons whit...", click on "Save Changes". Within "Device Manager" click on "Android Device " the one with "!" signs on it, right click it, do the "Update driver software", choose "Search automatically...", and it should find proper device drivers. Now you can fully use fastboot on your mobile.

or install these, i had to

New_Folder__2_.zip

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Quinny898

Thanks! I really thought I had bricked my GT540 again. For anybody who wants to know, there was one russian on 4pda working on Gingerbread, but I think he stopped because it didn't work. Quarx has now broken his GT540, so there will be no more updates from him.

;) ;)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest paganwinter

I dunno how to thank you enuff for these files. Real life saver!

Worked for my P500 too...

Unbricked my phone from fastboot!

@above post,

extract the files into any folder. Then when you connect your device to your PC and Windows asks to install driver, point to this folder.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Wel i have install all my driver in my PC to connect to my LG GT540, installed fastboot .

While i connect my lg gt540 to PC in fastmod and install android 2.3.5 ROM, then on installing window it says "waiting for device".

And nothing happens.

Can any one suggest me....wht can i do???? eventhough i have installed above mentioned driver, and i think there is no problem in drivers but still issue persist.....

Help me out.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sumansur2008

please help

where should i place this file i really dont know, i have the same problem on fastboot no device recognized always saying waiting for device.

First extract the zip file.Then copy of all four files in the "New Folder_2".Now go to C drive - Program Files - LG USB Drivers.Paste all the files into it and click "Yes to all" in the pop up window after pasting and enjoy.It is working on my P500.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Juan David Rojas Roldán

Muchas gracias !! ahora logre instalar la nueva version 2.3.7