O2 just sent me unlock code for my Dell Streak!

Guest twe

Guest grigoris

The same here,

After the first negative response I got, I send e-mail again saying that I no longer live in the UK (which is true) and that the streak is not any more O2 exclusive.

Still waiting.....

how did you fill out the online form when you don't have an O2 number?

i'm in AUS too but have no O2 number

I just used my Vodafone code, then got the initial email about not being able to unlock it. Then luckily when I replied back complaining that it was not exclusive to O2 and that other people can unlock the phone then somehow I got lucky with Sagar replying, saying he has sent a request to Dell to get me an unlock code, few days later he emailed me an unlock code.

Guest Johnston411

Sagar just emailed me to say he's ordered my code from dell.

He mentioned it may take a week though.

I think its definitely a case of keep trying until he replies

I have been in contact with o2 for about 2 days now, the third email I have got from them today, sagar asked for my IMEI number. So I guess I will be getting my code soon. Yay!

Guest finalmoksha

Encouraged by you people I sent an email this morning. Received a reply from Sagar that he has requested Dell for the code and will be sending it as soon as he receives it.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

Could provide the email comm for anyone who's interested.

Cheers

Encouraged by you people I sent an email this morning. Received a reply from Sagar that he has requested Dell for the code and will be sending it as soon as he receives it.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

Could provide the email comm for anyone who's interested.

Cheers

That made me send them my 6th mail. ^^ *fingers crossed*

Guest Soumya Banerjee

Did anyone receive a call from them after providing the number ???...I am currently on a call with them....

Edited by Soumya Banerjee

Guest Soumya Banerjee

I told them that I am relocating to India since I have a job offer in 7 days ( which is true)...they told me that they do not do it...but at the end they said they will look into it and revert in 1-2 days by either mail or phone...let's see...man I do need it...I am not gonna spend O2 roaming charges in India...

Guest utahstreak
try like others suggested, email Sagar from the email address provided in previous posts.

Just received a reply from sagar asking for my imei number, so here's hoping :)

Guest Soumya Banerjee

Just received a call from O2 customer service...they asked for my IMEI which I gladly provided....they told me I am gonna get in the next 14 days....:-)

I just sent another email - this is starting to get embarrassing. The funny thing is that every time i hit reply - there is another person answering. :)

It does, I know! But if they didn't make it so difficult for us in the first place none of us would be in this position!! Perhaps if we could somehow get Sagar's email address, it would save everyone the trouble of sending countless emails before getting "lucky"!! ;)

Guest finalmoksha
It does, I know! But if they didn't make it so difficult for us in the first place none of us would be in this position!! Perhaps if we could somehow get Sagar's email address, it would save everyone the trouble of sending countless emails before getting "lucky"!! :)

Well I sent two emails yesterday. One was answered by Chetana where she said that they don't provide the unlock codes. I sent my response to Chetana saying that the Dell streak isnt exclusive to O2 and that other people have got theirs unlocked. After I sent this email I sent another one with the same contents. This time it was replied to by Sagar saying

<quote>

We don't have the code for this one on our database & will need to

request this from the manufacturer usually the codes when requested

comeback by next day, however these days we are facing some delays form

their end.

I'll have this requested & pass it on to you as soon as we get the code

back.

<unquote>

As soon as I sent the second email I got a reply from Sagar to the first email that I had sent. I just got lucky I guess but I think we need to keep trying till we receive a response from Sagar.

Cheers..

Ah, at last!

Hi S*****,

Please provide IMEI number to proceed with this request.

Kind Regards

Sagar

Original Message Follows:

------------------------

Hi

I would like to unlock my Dell Streak as i have been told you have

started to unlatch this phone.

regards,

s******

ooooo.png

Edited by ulfses

Guest utahstreak
<quote>

We don't have the code for this one on our database & will need to

request this from the manufacturer usually the codes when requested

comeback by next day, however these days we are facing some delays form

their end.

I'll have this requested & pass it on to you as soon as we get the code

back.

<unquote>

Yeah i got that! this is freakin imbarrasing, I feel like a spoilt 5 year old refusing everything for Christmas unless it's his favourite toy.

Yeah of course they did :)

Well I hope the doubters will now apologise from previous posts, they were quick to say I was lieing, but not very quick to say that I wasn't, 1 example above.

Guest Soumya Banerjee
Well I hope the doubters will now apologise from previous posts, they were quick to say I was lieing, but not very quick to say that I wasn't, 1 example above.

@twe.....How long do they take to supply the code after providing the IMEI ???

Guest utahstreak

When i receive my code, enter it, and it works, you'll be the first person i contact :)