O2 just sent me unlock code for my Dell Streak!

Guest twe

I just received a call from them and they said, they will charged GBP 15 and will provide the unlock code within the next 14 days...!!!

I Just had a chat with O2 support and they refused to unlock on the grounds that I needed to have been on PAYG for 12 months before they would do it. initially they said they had to do this to recoup the cost of selling me the phone below cost. When I pointed out that I'd bought it at full price from Carphone Warehouse, thinking it would be unlocked (it wasn't) they still wouldn't budge. I then sent them a copy of the message above (10.28) saying O2 had just started unlocking Streaks. They still wouldn't budge. So, I asked for details of how to complain. They gave a snailmail address. When I asked for email they said they don't do it, but I could fax. When I said I don't fax they suggested I went to the O2 store and used theirs! Cutting edge stuff this!

Does anyone have an email address for complaints?

I Just had a chat with O2 support and they refused to unlock on the grounds that I needed to have been on PAYG for 12 months before they would do it. initially they said they had to do this to recoup the cost of selling me the phone below cost. When I pointed out that I'd bought it at full price from Carphone Warehouse, thinking it would be unlocked (it wasn't) they still wouldn't budge. I then sent them a copy of the message above (10.28) saying O2 had just started unlocking Streaks. They still wouldn't budge. So, I asked for details of how to complain. They gave a snailmail address. When I asked for email they said they don't do it, but I could fax. When I said I don't fax they suggested I went to the O2 store and used theirs! Cutting edge stuff this!

Does anyone have an email address for complaints?

Cant you send fax from a computer? there is some kind of fax&scan software in windows

okok, seems like you need a faxmodem.

Whoa - O2 is really cutting edge!

Edited by ulfses

Guest hellogadgetman
Don't bother with the online chat. Just keep at it with emails to the mycareweb address until you get a response from Sagar.

After 2 replys (exclusivity,no unlock policy) I get to Sajar yesterday who said will pass the unlock codes.I am still waiting....

Come on ......

Guest grigoris

Hi Gregory,

We don't have the code for this one on our database & will need to request this from the manufacturer usually the codes when requested comeback by next day, however these days we are facing some delays form their end.

I'll have this requested & pass it on to you as soon as we get the code back.

Kind Regards

Sagar

This is the message I got from Sagar yesterday noon.

Let's see how it goes ...

Edited by grigoris

Guest illmatic75

this is what i got finally outta a customer service adviser tonight :)

Welcome to O2 live chat. Someone will start chatting with you soon.

You're through to Belinda.

Belinda: Hi I'm Belinda. How can I help?

Dr.W: hello Belinda

Belinda: Hello

Dr.W: i was wondering if i could talk to someone about my phone unlocking

Belinda: I'll do that for you

Belinda: Is 07********** the mobile number you need help with?

Dr.W: yupp

Dr.W: and thanks

Belinda: Please can you tell me the first and third character of the answer to your security question?

Dr.W: **

Dr.W: is it?

Belinda: Thanks

Belinda: Do you want to unlock your iPhone?

Dr.W: great ;)

Dr.W: no its a dell streak

Belinda: I'll do that for you

Dr.W: thanks

Belinda: PLease provide me the IMEI number by pressing *#06#

Dr.W: one second

Belinda: Sure take your time

Dr.W: 3**************

Belinda: Thanks

Belinda: Please wait while i arrange this to be unlocked.

Dr.W: sorry it was on charge :D

Dr.W: sure

Dr.W: is there anything that i need to do or should i just wait?

Belinda: It's done

Belinda: And will be unlocked within 7-24 days

Belinda: Sorry 7-14 days

Dr.W: wow, great thanks

Belinda: : )

Belinda: Is there anything else I can help you with?

Dr.W: ive been trying to get this unlocked since ages and wasnt getting anywhere with my emails

Dr.W: thanks again

Belinda: You're welcoem

Belinda: It was a pleasure chatting with you.

Belinda: Have a nice evening and Merry Christmas!!!

Dr.W: same here and you too

Belinda: Take care !!

now that wasnt half as bad as i had thought hehe ;) cant wait fro my unlock codee now hehe

Guest Soumya Banerjee

Has anyone got the code from O2 after the initial input by twe ????....there's a lot of mails regarding asking for code and passing on within the next 7-14 days...but what I am trying to figure out is that whether anyone in this phase has actually received it or not ........cheers...

Has anyone got the code from O2 after the initial input by twe ????....there's a lot of mails regarding asking for code and passing on within the next 7-14 days...but what I am trying to figure out is that whether anyone in this phase has actually received it or not ........cheers...

Theres been a few posts already about people getting their code through Sagar.

Guest yosemite-sam

i got the message about not having the code...

"We don't have the code for this one on our database & will need to request this from the manufacturer usually the codes when requested comeback by next day, however these days we are facing some delays form their end."

I'll have this requested & pass it on to you as soon as we get the code back."

Kind Regards

Sagar

hopefully he can send it soon.

Guest flapheadx

By now I've received 6 different replys by 6 different people, but none from Sagar.

Could those that got a reply by him post at which time they received the mails? Would be helpful to know when he's working.

Guest Soumya Banerjee
By now I've received 6 different replys by 6 different people, but none from Sagar.

Could those that got a reply by him post at which time they received the mails? Would be helpful to know when he's working.

Early morning..around 8 am gmt...