[OLED+TFT] 09/Feb r12: MoDaCo Custom Froyo ROM download + Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest sulligogs

Hi Paul,

Happy to see you back at your desk after the weekend ;)

What's the issue with the Wifi then? Is it a hardware or software problem? And will your fix in R10 be a workaround or an actual fix?

Keep up your good work!

---

sulligogs

R9 installed, Dialer is working again ;). I used "Dialer One" in between, but that one crashes now, well don't need it.

What I do see is that when I call myself (with another phone), the number is shown without the international prefix, this way phonenumbers are not recognized from the phonebook. Is this a bug or a setting?

To illustrate, in the Netherlands I get:

06xxxx

instead of

+316xxxx

It used to work on the old beta, don't remember it on r8, only had it one day.

Edited by RalfB

Guest whatcolour
A WiFi update is coming in r10.

P

Thanks, Paul. Wifi is working fine in the new Chinese leak (retail). Any plans to migrate? Just curious, I know there is probably little need as MCR rom is heavily modified anyway and nearly perfect now.

Thanks! Baking. . .

Update!

P

Changelog

r9

• MCK 1.1 - MoDaCo Custom Kernel optimisations and changes (all user requests fulfilled I believe?)
  • Contacts / Dialer fix

Thanks, Paul. Wifi is working fine in the new Chinese leak (retail). Any plans to migrate? Just curious, I know there is probably little need as MCR rom is heavily modified anyway and nearly perfect now.

I'll pull in the new bits...

P

Guest rochitka

Hi, could you provide a link to the topic thread where this is discussed pls? I haven't come across this yet in my travels. Thks

Edited by rochitka

Cool! Thanks, Paul.

I don't suppose you could have a little poke around youtube and stagefright too? Or is the OSF really just not capable of playing HQ youtube from the Browser? If I have stagefright=false, youtube won't play from browser or stumbleupon app.

If this is really not possible then it's cool all the same. I'm still very happy with what you've built so far.

Guest PeTiNgA
Cool! Thanks, Paul.

I don't suppose you could have a little poke around youtube and stagefright too? Or is the OSF really just not capable of playing HQ youtube from the Browser? If I have stagefright=false, youtube won't play from browser or stumbleupon app.

If this is really not possible then it's cool all the same. I'm still very happy with what you've built so far.

At the moment, Flash is not possible using ARM6 processors, and SF use an ARM6.

Don't know if in the future Adobe will support these.

Guest Nick Rhodes

I upgraded from R8 to R9 without wipe and getting Acore force closes, even after an initial reboot.

After a cache wipe/factory reset all OK.

Cheers, Nick.

I upgraded from R8 to R9 without wipe and getting Acore force closes, even after an initial reboot.

Cheers, Nick.

Solution to this is probably cleaning your contacts and resyncing with Google. I did that, and that seemed to fix it.

(Cleaning your contacts is removing the data with the settings, programs etc, don't know excactly, I'm using Dutch in my settings ;)).

Only got the internation prefix missing when someone calls, so I still got no CallerID :).

Edited by RalfB

Guest Totyasrác

Cheers, Nick.

Same here (except for the fact that I am not in the mood of wiping yet... But will have to ;) )

Update: redownloaded, reinstalled - no difference :)

It's something else... Never experienced such thing like this (only if using new ROM without wipe - but it isn't supposed to be mandatory for r8 -> r9, right?)

Edited by Totyasrác

Guest Totyasrác
Did you do that 'sql fix'? If so, it should be possible to reverse it!

P

Me? Never... Was waiting for today's fix, didn't wanna mess anything up ;)

Did you do that 'sql fix'? If so, it should be possible to reverse it!

P

Just clean the contacts and resync, no data loss, just a few extra Kb data on your 3G.

Thanks PeTiNgA. Why is yoochoob "Standard Quality" working and "HQ" not? Is one not flash and the other flash?

Guest dansken86

Thanks for R9! The only thing not working for me now is the possibility to "join" your facebook- and google contacts. The function should be found under: edit contact -> join. The only thing showing up now are: done and revert. Kallt_kaffe is dealing with the same issue at the moment on JJ. Maybe he's got a solution by now?

Guest Phil001

Is this correct, so no flash at all on internet browser?

I'm not too clever with all this but thought 2.2 bought flash support to android ;)

r10 online later today... wifi updates / Chinese 1.1 merges, Blade theme (based on Frankish's theme) with proper Gmail and Market Gingerbread icons in the status bar (see below!).

;)

P

gingerbreadblade.png

Guest PeTiNgA
r10 online later today... wifi updates / Chinese 1.1 merges, Blade theme (based on Frankish's theme) with proper Gmail and Market Gingerbread icons in the status bar (see below!).

;)

P

Thanks Paul! :)

Is the notifications bar transparent?

Edited by PeTiNgA