[OLED+TFT] 09/Feb r12: MoDaCo Custom Froyo ROM download + Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

r10 online later today... wifi updates / Chinese 1.1 merges, Blade theme (based on Frankish's theme) with proper Gmail and Market Gingerbread icons in the status bar (see below!).

;)

P

gingerbreadblade.png

Haha dling r9 now and then I see this :D

This is so great :)

i had the .acore force closes too, did wipe all contacts, synchronised with my google account and its working like a charm

wiping contact data: Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications -> Search for "Contacts" -> Delete all DATA (i deleted all data from "Contact-Memory" too)

then synchronise with google -> should be working.

Guest juniperz
r10 online later today... wifi updates / Chinese 1.1 merges, Blade theme (based on Frankish's theme) with proper Gmail and Market Gingerbread icons in the status bar (see below!).

;)

P

Any chance of Frankish's circle battery with the number inside please?

Thanks for all you effort's Paul - I just went Ad-Free :-)

Just clean the contacts and resync, no data loss, just a few extra Kb data on your 3G.

Confirmed. I was getting google framework, and acore FC's.

I followed your advice, erased my contacts and re-synced, and it's working fine.

Thanks for the tip.

Guest Nick Rhodes

Reboot option is not working for me.

It appears the popup does not clear when clicking reboot. All other options work fine.

Tried a full wipe and still same.

Cheers, Nick

Any chance of Frankish's circle battery with the number inside please?

Thanks for all you effort's Paul - I just went Ad-Free :-)

Not a fan of circle battery. ;)

P

It appears the popup does not clear when clicking reboot. All other options work fine.

Cheers, Nick

Odd! ;)

P

Guest XenoPhoenix
Not a fan of circle battery. :)

P

I'm glad somebody else agrees with me on this one I seem to get a hammering elsewhere when I mention I don't like it normally!

Great work Paul, looking forward to r10 ;)

Edited by XenoPhoenix

Guest Frankish

@Paul Could you please let me know if there are going to be any framework changes for r10? Cheers. Also if o can help with anything to do with theming let me know :-).

On a side note, r8 has abused my battery today. Only seemed to happen when I tried to open setcpu. It stuck on black screen so i just pressed home and left it. Happens a lot with setcpu and titanium. I have to kill the app and reopen it!

Guest stuartrace
Thanks for R9! The only thing not working for me now is the possibility to "join" your facebook- and google contacts. The function should be found under: edit contact -> join. The only thing showing up now are: done and revert. Kallt_kaffe is dealing with the same issue at the moment on JJ. Maybe he's got a solution by now?

This is my main feature request that I'd like too, can't see a way of linking facebook and google contacts at the mo!

R9 is looking very nice though ;) Good work!

@Paul Could you please let me know if there are going to be any framework changes for r10? Cheers. Also if o can help with anything to do with theming let me know :-).

On a side note, r8 has abused my battery today. Only seemed to happen when I tried to open setcpu. It stuck on black screen so i just pressed home and left it. Happens a lot with setcpu and titanium. I have to kill the app and reopen it!

No framework changes for r8.

P

Guest Totyasrác
i had the .acore force closes too, did wipe all contacts, synchronised with my google account and its working like a charm

wiping contact data: Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications -> Search for "Contacts" -> Delete all DATA (i deleted all data from "Contact-Memory" too)

Too late ;)

Wiped and reinstalled. I couldn't even open "Contacts" I mean it seemed to be all empty - while ZTE Dialer showed 'em all... Next time I'll do it this way, thanks for it. I guess it should be placed in the first post since it is pretty useful!!!

Cheers, Nick

+1

after I touch reboot, everything stops working bar turning the screen on and off with the power button.

Have to remove battery to get it to work again.

Everything else is sweet as a nut though! ;)

Guest panteraz

Thanks a lot ;)

Governor is defaulting to performance rather than on demand in this release, this will be fixed in r10 shortly (this will be adversely affecting battery life).

P

Paul, are you planning to release a 'slim'-compatible version i.e. one that fits to a repartitioned blade with only 128 MB /system? It would be greatly appreciated.

Changelog

r10

• WiFi updates / fixes, partial V880 1.1 merges
  • Gingerbread options enhancement (Gingerbread Gmail / Vending icons, theme based on Frankish's, transparent notification pulldown)
  • Appearance pack support files
  • MCK 1.2 - including fix for default governor (ondemand)

Paul, are you planning to release a 'slim'-compatible version i.e. one that fits to a repartitioned blade with only 128 MB /system? It would be greatly appreciated.

Hmm, it's not far off that...

/system: 212480K total, 133572K used, 78908K available (block size 4096)
If you left out Maps from the kitchen (and installed from the Market instead) I dare say it would probably fit. The biggest space-hogs:
-rw-r--r--	1 0		0		  1248413 Jan 17 16:13 Vending.apk
-rw-r--r-- 1 0 0 1295190 Aug 1 2008 Filer.apk
-rw-r--r-- 1 0 0 1316568 Aug 1 2008 Phone.apk
-rw-r--r-- 1 0 0 1407977 Aug 1 2008 VoiceSearch.apk
-rw-r--r-- 1 0 0 1465417 Aug 1 2008 Twitter.apk
-rw-r--r-- 1 0 0 1493746 Jan 17 16:13 Gmail.apk
-rw-r--r-- 1 0 0 1706329 Aug 1 2008 TouchPal.apk
-rw-r--r-- 1 0 0 1740542 Aug 1 2008 com.keramidas.TitaniumBackup.apk
-rw-r--r-- 1 0 0 1962654 Aug 1 2008 Facebook.apk
-rw-r--r-- 1 0 0 2796920 Aug 1 2008 Quickoffice.apk
-rw-r--r-- 1 0 0 3074940 Aug 1 2008 Settings.apk
-rw-r--r-- 1 0 0 4462248 Aug 1 2008 LatinIME.apk